Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're pretty straight forward. Requirements for both PFT are on page 45 https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...essProgram.pdf They're only as hard as you make them.

Comment

• Wasn't able to find using search but does the "clock" stop for a CBPO? Also does a green checkmark in CASS mean a favorable BI determination?

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm currently applying for CBPO 17-1 and I have also taken polygraph exam a week ago. I feel like my polygraph was quite different from most of you guys here. My polygraph exam was almost 6 hours with 3 separate parts. First, interview (ex: jobs, education); then second was the polygraph exam (4 trials, 9-10 questions for a total of 30-40 minutes), and then before jumping in the last part, the examiner said that "you did pretty good". Then the examiner asked me a few more questions before summing up the interview.

I wonder if any of you experienced that similar polygraph exam that I've taken.

Thanks
        Last edited by vv076; 02-16-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by determined11 View Post
          Wasn't able to find using search but does the "clock" stop for a CBPO?
          Yes. It's been a 12D covered position since July of 2008.

Comment

• Hello fellas - Im a cop now with 4 years bachelors as well, I really want to get into working and investigation human trafficking, is CBP the primary agency that does these investigations ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kscu View Post
              Hello fellas - Im a cop now with 4 years bachelors as well, I really want to get into working and investigation human trafficking, is CBP the primary agency that does these investigations ?
              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S....ms_Enforcement
              Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by vv076 View Post
                Hi guys, I'm currently applying for CBPO 17-1 and I have also taken polygraph exam a week ago. I feel like my polygraph was quite different from most of you guys here. My polygraph exam was almost 6 hours with 3 separate parts. First, interview (ex: jobs, education); then second was the polygraph exam (4 trials, 9-10 questions for a total of 30-40 minutes), and then before jumping in the last part, the examiner said that "you did pretty good". Then the examiner asked me a few more questions before summing up the interview.

Thanks

I will let you know next week. I got my Polygraph scheduled for the 28th. The Examiner did say it will take about 6 hrs so I expect it to go the way yours went. Wish me luck!

Comment

• Does anyone know if it's true that candidates who applied for the GS 9 opening for previous law enforcement are not required to take the sit down test? So far I've completed the medical, physical, and equip and have been waiting to schedule the sit down test but it doesn't even show up in CASS. Thanks for any info
                  BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post

I will let you know next week. I got my Polygraph scheduled for the 28th. The Examiner did say it will take about 6 hrs so I expect it to go the way yours went. Wish me luck!
                    Nice, Good luck. Please keep me posted. Where is your geographic? Mine is in San Francisco.

Comment

Thanks

I took it twice for 16-10, passed the 2nd time. I'd say from what I've experienced that that seems like a pretty normal exam

Comment

Nice, Good luck. Please keep me posted. Where is your geographic? Mine is in San Francisco.
                        Will do! My location is Coburn Gore, Maine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post

The poly it self lasts 6 hours? Wow that's intense. After that long I might admit to things I didn't do just to get out of there lol.

I heard they are about to hire 10,000 CBP officers, is that true?

Comment

• This is probably a stupid question but is ICE different than CBP? Are they different agency's?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

This is probably a stupid question but is ICE different than CBP? Are they different agency's?
                              Yes. ICE is a different agency.

It's ICE that'll be hiring for those 10,000 additional jobs, not CBP...although the Border Patrol will be hiring 5000 on their side of CBP in addition to what ICE hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Yes. ICE is a different agency.

It's ICE that'll be hiring for those 10,000 additional jobs, not CBP...although the Border Patrol will be hiring 5000 on their side of CBP in addition to what ICE hires.
                                So going forward it seems like ICE will have a lot more opportunities. Merlin, between OFO & ICE which would you say is the better option, and which one will provide better opportunities for growth?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8849 users online. 290 members and 8559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X