300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sc7 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. Do u already have a date for fitness 2?
    Originally posted by gnikbgnak13 View Post

No. not yet. Do you? PM me, I tried but I got an error message
    Not yet. I apply cbpo16-7 job opening back in april for calexico California, and BPA 16-6 west Texas/New Mexico everything seem to be moving at a decent pace so far for both. I spoke to the investigator thats doing my BI in Florida and he said he already done interviewing the people on my list and he will send it to DC for review by Wednesday. However, i grew up in NY so i dont know if there is another investigator assign to talk to people in NY.

When did you apply? How far are u in the process? what location u applied for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sc7 View Post

Not yet. I apply cbpo16-7 job opening back in april for calexico California, and BPA 16-6 west Texas/New Mexico everything seem to be moving at a decent pace so far for both. I spoke to the investigator thats doing my BI in Florida and he said he already done interviewing the people on my list and he will send it to DC for review by Wednesday. However, i grew up in NY so i dont know if there is another investigator assign to talk to people in NY.

When did you apply? How far are u in the process? what location u applied for?
      I applied in sept/oct 2016, can't remember exactly. My BI is in process now, not sure how far along. No one has told me they've been contacted yet. I applied for Brownsville, TX. The earlier half of the process moved along super fast.

Comment

• Got the call today for my polygraph scheduling first week feb. Been waiting for two months to get the call lol
        but I remembered I had picked a different location for my polygraph and they are sending me somewhere else but it works out its where I went to my interview at the beginning of the process anyways just wasn't a choice back when I had to prepick my locations

Comment

• Anybody know what it is going to happen with the new President in office now? I did hear he is planning on hiring more border patrol officers which means the process for us in the final stages should be finishing up very soon right?

Been waiting for my Poly to get scheduled since September. I've email the Minneapolis Hiring Center and they said process take 12-16+ months and nothing more...

Comment

• Just got my Polygraph scheduled Feb 7th..finally.

Comment

• So I've been thinking about getting Lasik. Anyone know what CBP's policy is, if there is one? I completed the medical exam last year with glasses and am just waiting for official word I passed the poly. I'm guessing this is a question for the MHC?

Comment

• Is it best to do a Provisional Clear? If I check no how long does the backgrounds usually take?
                Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                  wow, haven't visited this thread in years. I see there is an announcement opening and I am actually thinking about reapplying but then again who wants to go through another academy again lol. I am now on with the New York State Courts(since 2015) but being a CBP Officer was always my 1st choice. Back in 2011 I failed the VBT, reapplied in 2012 then failed the polygraph in 2013 smh. I am happy where I am at now but there is always that what if factor, I would of been about 3 years OTJ working JFK airport lol
                  If you are comfortable with courts stay. If you want more $ join
                  With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Anyone else get held up by medical? They requested more info from my Doctor and it's been in for 3 weeks... no movement. How long does this usually take? I know my Doc cleared me BTW.

Comment

• [QUOTE=T-rexGM;n6438419]Anyone else get held up by medical? They requested more info from my Doctor and it's been in for 3 weeks... no movement. How long does this usually take? I know my Doc cleared me BTW.[/QUOTEive

I've been held up in medical since December. They called and asked a few questions early last month but I haven't heard anything since.

Comment

• This poly thing has me aprehensive to even try out.

Comment

• My medical only took a couple weeks.
                          My Polygraph for tomorrow got rescheduled though...oats the only thing I'm waiting to get passed and start working already.

Comment

• How quickly can you transfer? Will NY/NJ ever open up again lol. I have been waiting.
                            currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Originally posted by nyhockeyref93 View Post
                              How quickly can you transfer? Will NY/NJ ever open up again lol. I have been waiting.
                              Realistically, probably 3-5 years. Optimistically, sometime sooner. It all depends on circumstance, the generosity of management and luck.

I imagine that places like NY and NJ will open after they fill all the current offerings of hard-to-fill and less-desirable ports. Or not...in reality those running the show will open ports at their whim and/or reason. Might be next month, might be several months. Might be even longer.

Major ports like JFK and EWR are pretty much self-autonomous. They also have pretty much limitless overtime budgets. One of the easiest ways to keep the piglets happily sucking on the overtime teats is to intentionally understaff the port. It may well be that they're in no big hurry for much in terms new hires.

Comment

• Can anyone explain how the physical testing is like?
                                *If the first questions you're asking is which weapon you'll be issued, what type of cruisers do they have, or if you can patrol with a local police dept, the job isn't for you because clearly that's all that you care about.*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8053 users online. 427 members and 7626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X