300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
    Hello all, been reading a few of the last pages on here and it seems like the CBP hiring process has picked up a bit in speed. I just got my eQuip investigation request after being eligible for the LEO gs-9 application that opened up about a month ago. I was placed in Laredo Tx and was hoping that someone can give some information about that port, in terms of size/personnel/overtime/issues? Good luck to everyone!
    I don't know a whole lot about Laredo. It's a major top ten port though, several hundred Officers and I imagine a healthy overtime budget.

Comment

• Quick Question for anybody in the know.

I am in the process for Massana NY and just have to finish up some medical stuff. As of right now everything is completed besides the medical and drug test. My background got finished in 3 months which is insane.

Anyways I applied under last years announcement and got BQed for GS5 and put in specifically for Massana. But now I see a posting for any law enforcement or military (I am both) and it is a automatic GS9. So my question is can I reapply under that posting and get inline for a GS9? I realize I will be forfeiting my spot for Massana but I would much rather get hired as a 9 than a 5.

So if I reapply will I have to do the process again or does everything just carry over? Only been in the process for about 4 months now.

Also what would be the best choice for the northern ports that is available? Just want to be able to get a northern port that isn't surrounded by 100 people towns. Seems like there is nowhere to live anywhere near any of the northern ports
      Calais, ME, United States
      Coburn Gore, ME, United States
      Houlton, ME, United States
      Jackman, ME, United States
      Grand Portage, MN, United States
      International Falls, MN, United States
      Raymond, MT, United States
      Sweet Grass, MT, United States
      Dunseith, ND, United States
      Pembina, ND, United States
      Portal, ND, United States
      Beecher Falls, VT, United States
      Derby Line, VT, United States
      Norton, VT, United States
      Richford, VT, United States
      Blaine, WA, United States
      Last edited by fathitman; 01-11-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Reapplying is usually a "roll the dice" option overall, especially reapplying as an upgrade for pay issues. The pre-employment steps you've already completed should follow you if you elect to reapply.

​​​​​​Blaine is the one NB option available currently that offers anything close to urban life and also is the largest and most influential of the NB ports currently being shopped as an hiring option. If 4000 people towns appeal to you...I-Falls and Derby Line would offer that. Beyond the rural factors, most of those ports offered are small to tiny as far as staffing goes. Generally, stick to NB ports on Interstates for the largest and most needy ports.

Comment

• Got a preliminary pass on my second try with the poly today. Now to hurry up and wait for the official pass from DC.

Comment

• wow, haven't visited this thread in years. I see there is an announcement opening and I am actually thinking about reapplying but then again who wants to go through another academy again lol. I am now on with the New York State Courts(since 2015) but being a CBP Officer was always my 1st choice. Back in 2011 I failed the VBT, reapplied in 2012 then failed the polygraph in 2013 smh. I am happy where I am at now but there is always that what if factor, I would of been about 3 years OTJ working JFK airport lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
              wow, haven't visited this thread in years. I see there is an announcement opening and I am actually thinking about reapplying but then again who wants to go through another academy again lol. I am now on with the New York State Courts(since 2015) but being a CBP Officer was always my 1st choice. Back in 2011 I failed the VBT, reapplied in 2012 then failed the polygraph in 2013 smh. I am happy where I am at now but there is always that what if factor, I would of been about 3 years OTJ working JFK airport lol
              Did you see an announcement opening for JFK?

Comment

• Originally posted by FP0704 View Post

Did you see an announcement opening for JFK?
                No opening for JFK opening this announcement

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rexGM View Post

Do you have a link to the bill? I hadn't heard of this.
                  I spoke via email to somoene at CBP about the poly waiver and I asked if I would be considered for a waiver if I am a veteran . they said no and that I needed to be a vet with a ts clearance. They said it is not a blanket waiver for all veterans just those with ts clearance. Im pretty ssure you have to meet multiple criteria not just one even though the amandment doesnt read that way.

Comment

• I failed the poly 6 months ago and I ask a different individual if I could reapply sooner under the new rule. They didn't know if the new rule was retroactive. I think it should be considering how many qualified people have been turned away by the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post

No opening for JFK opening this announcement
                      Last announcement for JFK was Nov 2015. Doesn't seem like they often open up at JFK.

Comment

• So after a second go with the Polygraph I received my results today as "unfavorable" which will now withdraw me from the tentative employment. The email states:
                        "Failed polygraph results prevent individuals from being eligible for employment for polygraph required positions for 2 years from the failed polygraph date."

Does this include city and state positions as well or only federal?

Comment

• Originally posted by FP0704 View Post
                          So after a second go with the Polygraph I received my results today as "unfavorable" which will now withdraw me from the tentative employment. The email states:
                          "Failed polygraph results prevent individuals from being eligible for employment for polygraph required positions for 2 years from the failed polygraph date."

Does this include city and state positions as well or only federal?
                          Good question. I failed a poly w/ secret service last year, so I wonder if I have to wait 2 years since CBP is also under DHS. I just have my poly, drug test and background pending.

Comment

• ive heard that you can get another poly but they can also consider your results from that one?

Comment

• http://wtop.com/latin-america/2017/0...gency/slide/1/

Comment

• Has anyone taken the fitness test in Miami recently? Is it an individual test like the first one or is it a group?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9727 users online. 467 members and 9260 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X