Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the medical? Typical blood work? How are the pay checks during the first year?

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post
      How's the medical? Typical blood work? How are the pay checks during the first year?
      Basic work physical and the PFT test. Worst part is the step test

Paychecks depend on what you get hired on as 5,7, or 9.

Comment

• To current CBP, are therea lot of overweight CBPO or does the Border Security show just pick lots of them to be on it

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
          To current CBP, are therea lot of overweight CBPO or does the Border Security show just pick lots of them to be on it
          It's not exactly a job that usually encourages or allows for the opportunity to get and keep overly physically fit.

I tend not to watch those types of shows due to the "Hollywood unrealism" most of them promote, but I'm going to guess that most of the officers shown are probably the more senior guys.. The wear and tear of age and years of agency service usually takes it's toll on most of us eventually.

Comment

• I agree, the process is moving fast. Here's my timeline:

Exam: 9/13/16
            NOR: 9/22/16
            Pre employment BI Packet: 10/24/16
            Medical: 11/01/16
            Fitness Test: 12/05/16
            Structured Interview: Scheduled 12/15/16
            Polygraph: Within 5 days of SI
            Drug Screening:?

From what I have read in this forum the polygraph seems to be the make it or break part of this entire process. All of the information in the BI packet can be verified, so what purpose does the polygraph truly serve?

Comment

• Originally posted by gnikbgnak13 View Post
              Hello all. Here's my timeline so far...

applied 9/26
              tested 10/14
              test results 10/25
              pre-employment selection 11/9
              medical 11/18
              SI 11/28
              SI results 11/29
              schduled for FT 12/9

I feel like this process is moving insanely fast. Has anyone else been moving this quickly? I'm a little worried about the poly b/c I failed one earlier this year for secret service.
              They are very adamant about hiring. I'm in the same boat as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by donovanlmoss View Post

They are very adamant about hiring. I'm in the same boat as you.
                Good luck to you!! Keep me update

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

It's not exactly a job that usually encourages or allows for the opportunity to get and keep overly physically fit.

I tend not to watch those types of shows due to the "Hollywood unrealism" most of them promote, but I'm going to guess that most of the officers shown are probably the more senior guys.. The wear and tear of age and years of agency service usually takes it's toll on most of us eventually.
                  Thanks, was just curious.

How is the steptest? I see its 120 steps/min for 5 mins. How is that related to 96 metronomes per min?

Comment

• Originally posted by gnikbgnak13 View Post

Good luck to you!! Keep me update
                    Sure thing man.

Comment

How is the steptest? I see its 120 steps/min for 5 mins. How is that related to 96 metronomes per min?

That's a question I am not able to answer for you. I was hired long ago under different standards from what is required of today's applicants.

Comment

I did two step tests within a few weeks apart. One for BPA and one for CBPO. It can be brutal if you aren't in shape. It may seem like cake to do 5 mins of stepping up and down in cadence at 120bpm but you'll get worn out before 3 mins is over. It's more of a mental test to me for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by invertedPanda View Post

I did two step tests within a few weeks apart. One for BPA and one for CBPO. It can be brutal if you aren't in shape. It may seem like cake to do 5 mins of stepping up and down in cadence at 120bpm but you'll get worn out before 3 mins is over. It's more of a mental test to me for me.
                          That step test is brutal!! It was keeping the cadence that wore me out. And you're right, it's all mental. You just have to keep breathing and stepping.

Comment

• Would anyone be able to tell me the shift schedule for San Ysidro? Do they work 8s, 10s, or 12s? Do they work a standard 5 days on 2 days off? I searched the forum, but couldn't find any up to date answers. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by normy0 View Post
                              Would anyone be able to tell me the shift schedule for San Ysidro? Do they work 8s, 10s, or 12s? Do they work a standard 5 days on 2 days off? I searched the forum, but couldn't find any up to date answers. Thanks!
                              SYS is a huge port. I imagine they have almost all the different types of work schedules represented. Seniority will play the deciding role on what's available for overall options.

Default scheduling is the standard 8 hour days, 5 days per week. Alternative work schedules are always an elective. A person cannot be forced into working AWS.

Comment

• Can anyone give me the number of HR or some office I can call regarding my process? I feel like I've been waiting for my poly and drug test to get scheduled for ever, since September, and I haven't heard anything other than my security packet is with my investigator.

Is there any way I can call and talk to someone?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10497 users online. 513 members and 9984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X