300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
    I also got my SI results within 3 days but unfortunately it's been 3 months and counting and I'm still yet to get any info about my last 2 steps...drug test and polygraph.

It's getting annoying very fast
    This is just how the federal hiring system works. It is a ton of hurry up and wait. Being in the military got me used to it.

One thing I can say is CBP seems to be rushing my stuff which is nice. But it took me 10 months to get hired on with the BOP and that was a direct hire with me emailing their HR person directly to get my stuff started.

Just be glad there is no government shutdown going on. When I was in the process for BOP it happened and delayed my stuff for awhile.

On a side note my CBP app is stalled for the moment since their medical office is basically asking me to send my entire medical history which is like a couple thousand pages since I have a high VA disability rating and also are asking me to get another physical on my own dime which doesn't make much sense since I did it during the first PFT.
    Last edited by fathitman; 11-18-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Good afternoon everyone I started the process in Oct 2016
      Qualified for GS09
      E- QIP Oct 2016
      MEDICAL Oct It is still in the review process.
      PFT-1 Pass with a 118
      Structured Interview Nov 2016 Passed.
      Poly ?
      Drug Test ?

Got an email two days ago the my BI packet has been sent to the Office Of personal Responsibility in Washington, DC
      I'm currently Active duty in the ARMY stationed in DFAS Cleveland and currently hold a secret clearance.
      is there anybody in the same situation as me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kendy26 View Post
        Good afternoon everyone I started the process in Oct 2016
        Qualified for GS09
        E- QIP Oct 2016
        PFT-1 Pass with a 118
        Poly ?
        Drug Test ?

Got an email two days ago the my BI packet has been sent to the Office Of personal Responsibility in Washington, DC
        I'm currently Active duty in the ARMY stationed in DFAS Cleveland and currently hold a secret clearance.
        Started same time as you with the process passed my SI in November as well and messaged like a week ago about the BI, still been waiting to here about the poly, figured with the holidays they might wait till after to schedule anything.

Comment

• Ok lets see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by kendy26 View Post
            Good afternoon everyone I started the process in Oct 2016
            Qualified for GS09
            E- QIP Oct 2016
            PFT-1 Pass with a 118
            Poly ?
            Drug Test ?

We are on the same boat then. I just applied back in July.

What port did you apply for?

Comment

• I took my SI almost two weeks ago. Since they've changed things since the last time I've gone thru the process they don't tell you if you passed on the spot. It all gets sent to someone else to review.

Within a few days after completing my SI my CASS was updated with a green check mark and the comments where changed to saying completed and stating I passed. I received emails setting up my PFT1 for a couple of weeks out too. Yesterday I get an email saying I didn't pass the SI. Huh? This makes no sense.

I responded back to the person who sent the email and they're looking into it, but I don't expect anything positive to come out of it.

Comment

• They told me immediately after my SI that i passed. Then they took my fingerprints and set up my polygraph date(which i just took and i feel confident i passed). Not sure why they did not tell you on the spot, which is why i rarely look at these type of forums, a lot of bad info on them plus it seems the process is different for everyone. I took my pft1 and medical before SI and Poly(see different for everyone)

Comment

• Originally posted by andystorm007 View Post
                  They told me immediately after my SI that i passed. Then they took my fingerprints and set up my polygraph date(which i just took and i feel confident i passed). Not sure why they did not tell you on the spot, which is why i rarely look at these type of forums, a lot of bad info on them plus it seems the process is different for everyone. I took my pft1 and medical before SI and Poly(see different for everyone)
                  How long ago was that? The interview process changed a few months ago, including the questions they ask. It's no longer give a description of a time when based on your experience type of questions.

Comment

• SI was 2 weeks ago, poly was less then a week ago. All scenario based questions.

Comment

• do anyone have an idea when will cbp officer open up for jfk?

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny13 View Post
                        do anyone have an idea when will cbp officer open up for jfk?
                        The next announcement should open on December 01. After that, January 01. Then another on February 01 and again on March 01.

Keep checking the announcements. Eventually they'll have the need to prioritize JFK again.

Comment

• How long does it take to get Polygraph results back? I recently took my Poly, and I was told I didn't fail anything but some results were inconclusive and he asked if I was keeping anything from him and about my breathing. Then that I may pass or may have to re-do the Poly. Has this happened to anyone? I said I would re-do the Poly if need be and with the same instructor.

Comment

• Hello all. Here's my timeline so far...

applied 9/26
                            tested 10/14
                            test results 10/25
                            pre-employment selection 11/9
                            medical 11/18
                            SI 11/28
                            SI results 11/29
                            schduled for FT 12/9

I feel like this process is moving insanely fast. Has anyone else been moving this quickly? I'm a little worried about the poly b/c I failed one earlier this year for secret service.

Comment

• Pretty similar to some people here, I'm still waiting to be schedule for the poly idk what Ny is doing lol couple other people I know have been waiting for awhile also

Comment

• Can someone explain the poly to me? I came in before it was instituted...

An acquaintance of mine did the poly this morning and was told that he neither passed nor did he fail. He was told that he gave the right answers but he sat too still and they can't accept the results. Apparently they might let him take it again.

If they were getting bad readings why not say something and start over? Did anyone else go through this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8254 users online. 397 members and 7857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X