300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
    So are you saying if you applied for the announcement that had the 25% 3year increase that there's still a chance you'll get it???
    Yeah.

I'd say that those who put in for those ports offering the hiring incentive have as much chance at it today as they did on the day they applied.

Comment

Last edited by determined11; 08-08-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• I just submitted my background check, but did not receive my SF-87A yet. Has anyone been in this situation?

Comment

• Man how long does it take to hear back after poly? I know YMMV but did it take a while for some of you guys?

Comment

• I see Massena has been taking of the next hiring announcement completly

Comment

• I heard back from my poly within a week. You should know if you passed or failed based on your polygraphers comments. They won't tell you flat out, but they give you a pretty good idea. From previous posts, the people that are waiting over a month usually don't end up passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
                I see Massena has been taking of the next hiring announcement completly
                Massena is a rather small port. Also, probably the most "desirable " of the current northern border offerings.

The hiring people probably received enough applications for the limited number of Massena openings rather quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Massena is a rather small port. Also, probably the most "desirable " of the current northern border offerings.

The hiring people probably received enough applications for the limited number of Massena openings rather quickly.
                  Yea luckily I am in the running for that port. I find it crazy that some of the ports on the northern border have less than 1000 people living in the closest town. How does CBP expect to fill those spots when there is nothing up there. If they had government housing in those areas I could see people moving out there to work. Massena has a decent pop size and seems to be close to big towns as well.

Once I take my poly and pass next week I will have to decide if I am going to take the preclearance or wait for the background to clear before I move to work for CBP. Since I only am 2 months into the hiring process I imagine after my poly it will be the long wait until I get a offer if I am going to wait for the background to be done.
                  Last edited by fathitman; 10-14-2016, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

Yea luckily I am in the running for that port. I find it crazy that some of the ports on the northern border have less than 1000 people living in the closest town. How does CBP expect to fill those spots when there is nothing up ortsthere. If they had government housing in those areas I could see people moving out there to work. Massena a decent pop size and seems to be close to big towns as well.

Once I take my poly and pass next week I will have to decide if I am going to take the preclearance or wait for ,the background to clear before I move to work for CBP. We shall see
                    If one holds to the closest town I'll bet most northern border ports fall into the less than 1000 people in the next town description.

At one point most NB ports had housing options. To include many NY ports. For the most part, those options disappeared over the years. There are still a few ports on either border who offer housing, but not many are left. None are left on NY that I know of...at least none in active use. A few rundown relics remain standing but I don't believe any are inhabited. Although there are a few closed-down ports in NY, it's possible that whoever bought them kept the housing units there in livable condition.

Comment

• Faithitman- Why do you think they'll offer you an academy date immediately following the poly? I'm pretty sure you'll have to complete all steps and be well into the background even with the preclearence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                        Faithitman- Why do you think they'll offer you an academy date immediately following the poly? I'm pretty sure you'll have to complete all steps and be well into the background even with the preclearence.
                        Well the poly is the last part of the process for me. You can get hired ANYTIME during the background if you take the preclearance. Also my disabled veteran preference comes into play and scored 96 + 10 Vet points for my test. The port had a recruitment incentive when I put in for it so they probably are hurting for officers at the moment. Already work in the feds which always helps with getting hired quicker. So everything is pointing towards a quick hiring for me right now.

So with all the steps completed by next week and just waiting on the background at that point means I can basically get hired at any moment after that. But we all know how the feds are and it can be a super slow at that point. Not a big issue for me, gives me time to sit around in the BOP a little longer and get into academy shape to make it easier for me.
                        Last edited by fathitman; 10-15-2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post

Well the poly is the last part of the process for me. You can get hired ANYTIME during the background if you take the preclearance. Also my disabled veteran preference comes into play and scored 96 + 10 Vet points for my test. The port had a recruitment incentive when I put in for it so they probably are hurting for officers at the moment. Already work in the feds which always helps with getting hired quicker. So everything is pointing towards a quick hiring for me right now.

So with all the steps completed by next week and just waiting on the background at that point means I can basically get hired at any moment after that. But we all know how the feds are and it can be a super slow at that point. Not a big issue for me, gives me time to sit around in the BOP a little longer and get into academy shape to make it easier for me.
                          How long did it take you to hear back from the medical, I know I aced it by the numbers I've just been waiting here for something to change lol

Comment

• Anyone know how long it takes for them to clear the drug test once you take it? I'm thinking (and hoping) only a week or so.

Comment

• Just took my SI today and fingerprints, guess I passed. Poly scheduled for next week.

Question I have is I applied to Highgate Springs, VT should I re-apply to a southern port for a better chance to get hired if I pass everything or stick to my port I picked already?

I would like to stay in NY but I figured I could work 1-2 years elsewhere and transfer to JFK or something closer to home.
                              CBPO Timeline
                              Test 2015 E-Qip 8/27/2016 Medical/PFT-1 9/12/2016 S.I 10/19/2016 Polygraph 10/26/2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeeper15 View Post
                                Just took my SI today and fingerprints, guess I passed. Poly scheduled for next week.

Question I have is I applied to Highgate Springs, VT should I re-apply to a southern port for a better chance to get hired if I pass everything or stick to my port I picked already?

I would like to stay in NY but I figured I could work 1-2 years elsewhere and transfer to JFK or something closer to home.
                                Name of the game with any federal agency is if you are willing to move you can always get hired quicker.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6430 users online. 334 members and 6096 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X