300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeeper15 View Post
    So in 2015 I took my Medical/PFT-1 and passed, now I am a re-apply and got scheduled to redo them. Do they not carry over? Thought they were both good for 2 years.

Also any tips for the structured interview? The VBT got me last time so glad it was removed.
    I just took the SI about 3 weeks ago. It's very easy. Be confident with your responses and use common sense. Make sure you pay attention to the information they give you before they start interviewing. I only got 6 scenario questions but it could be different depending on where you applied.

I had my SI Thursday and got the results Monday as an email.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did anyone here come from another department?

Since I will be coming from DOJ I was wondering if my leave will transfer over or I have to start from fresh and sell my leave back to the DOJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post
        Did anyone here come from another department?

Since I will be coming from DOJ I was wondering if my leave will transfer over or I have to start from fresh and sell my leave back to the DOJ.
        It'll go with you. Years of service, annual/sick leave, etc.

Comment

Not speaking personally here, however I have 2 close colleagues that come to mind.

One was BOP and the other was IRS and they both kept their leave when coming over to CBP. They also continued their leave accrual rate (one had 11 years so he'll be getting 8hrs/PP in 4). So in short, I would imagine that you'd keep yours as well. I'll find out for sure for you in the morning and I'll post back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          EOD - 08/2014
          FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
          DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
            It'll go with you. Years of service, annual/sick leave, etc.
            Oh hotdog that is awesome

Comment

• Got my test scores today passed but math definitely killed me... Guess it's just a waiting game now with a low score depending on how many people applied and if I make the cut then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
                Got my test scores today passed but math definitely killed me... Guess it's just a waiting game now with a low score depending on how many people applied and if I make the cut then.
                Yes, but you're chances are high most people don't apply to the current opening ports
                Last edited by Borderbingo; 09-12-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Holy crap were back finallyyyyyyyyyy...!!

Comment

• Anyone from 2015 announcements hearing anything?

Comment

• Does anyone know if selecting the "NO" option for getting hired with a preclearance will have a negative impact. It says it won't on the form but I figure it might.

Did the preclearance for the BOP and didn't enjoy walking on eggshells for a year waiting for my background to clear.

So I selected the option to not get my final offer until my background clear. I know it will make my process longer but will I loss my offer to another officer who gets chooses to get hire preclearance.

Also curious what the grooming standards are for beards. I know CBP has changed them a few times. Are they allowed now?
                      Last edited by fathitman; 09-20-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Like everyone else said, everything will transfer over (for the most part). Obviously your seniority will not. Also, comp time will NOT transfer...so make sure you use it up before you transfer. Or you could just have the DOJ give you a payout for the time earned I suppose.

Comment

• Got my tentative offer just gotta wait some more now... For cbpo medical for your eyes can you wear contact or glasses???

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
                            Got my tentative offer just gotta wait some more now... For cbpo medical for your eyes can you wear contact or glasses???
                            You will get a email for you medical appointment with all the info and a packet to print and fill out

Comment

Does anyone know if selecting the "NO" option for getting hired with a preclearance will have a negative impact. It says it won't on the form but I figure it might.

Did the preclearance for the BOP and didn't enjoy walking on eggshells for a year waiting for my background to clear.

So I selected the option to not get my final offer until my background clear. I know it will make my process longer but will I loss my offer to another officer who gets chooses to get hire preclearance.
                              Are you still currently with BOP?

UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                                Are you still currently with BOP?
                                Yup

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7341 users online. 309 members and 7032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X