Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you for posting, formerNOPD. Great info!
    CBPO
    Test Taken: 02/07
    VBT: 05/07
    Drug Test: 05/07
    Medical/Fitness: 07/07
    BI Interview: 08/07

    Medical and BI: Pending

    Comment


    • Thanks for the compilation!!







      They updated Cass today. Four down and three to go!
      CBP Test: 02/07
      TO : 03/07

      CASS:
      Preemployment Forms completed: 04/07
      Fitness : 06/07
      VBT completed Passed : 08/14
      Background Investi. completed : 08/28
      Medical Exam Completed : 10/16
      Drug Screen completed : 10/16
      Qualifications : 10/20

      Comment


      • Wow, NOPD! That was a very informative post. Thank you for the pics, as well. That looked like a neat assignment. How long do you have to be on to put in for those international missions?

        In other news, I took the test on Monday. I am sure I got the best score...........because out of the 18 that registered to take it, I was the only one who showed up

        Now I'll just wait with everyone else, I guess.
        He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
        -- Nietzsche

        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        -- Hemingway

        Comment


        • You're all quite welcome.

          Good luck and keep pursuing your dreams, no matter what they are.

          Comment


          • Hi guys,

            Just tested yesterday in Long Beach. This is the first time they have ever done the "compressed" testing session, when they give you your results right away.

            There were 417 people who originally tested, and 80 of us left who passed.

            In my opinion the test was poorly administrated, they gave us 1 10 minute break, and didn't let us go to lunch until 2:30. We got there at 8.

            From what they were saying they need 150 people between LAX and Long Beach and they are desperate; additionally they have compressed the hiring process to get people to FLETC in 60-90 days.

            Oh by the way scored a 93 with no vet credits, I was pretty happy about that considering I thought I bombed it.

            Comment


            • WOW formerNOPD, Very nice, I would love to get a chance to do some overseas work! What kind of stuff did you do over there, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for your input! -Josh
              USAF Cyber
              IRS IT Specialist
              CBPO ??

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ukbice View Post
                WOW formerNOPD, Very nice, I would love to get a chance to do some overseas work! What kind of stuff did you do over there, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for your input! -Josh

                We trained, mentored, accessed and advised the Iraqi Department of Border
                Enforcement. Taught classes on document fraud, officer presence, some escort holds, interview techniques, crowd control, personal and vehicle searchs, cargo searches etc.

                Some more pics of cargo trying to enter and being turned around due to high constrants.




                Comment


                • One form of concealment - they were trying to bring in chopped cars that can be easily reassembled and used for VBIEDs.

                  Comment


                  • Recently found out that Ive successfully completed the hiring process and my name has been forward to the academy for scheduling. No one has called yet but my question is regarding posts. I know that I am going to a particular state and I have some preferred posts in that state as well as some that I really dont want. I read on here that some ppl advice to hold out for the post you want. Is that possible or will they just pass me by if I say, No I dont want to go there? I had the impression that I had to take what they offered. Any insight into this? I would appreciate any advice as the call could come anytime and I want to know ahead of time what my options are in this situation. Thanks!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zeit_geist View Post
                      Recently found out that Ive successfully completed the hiring process and my name has been forward to the academy for scheduling. No one has called yet but my question is regarding posts. I know that I am going to a particular state and I have some preferred posts in that state as well as some that I really dont want. I read on here that some ppl advice to hold out for the post you want. Is that possible or will they just pass me by if I say, No I dont want to go there? I had the impression that I had to take what they offered. Any insight into this? I would appreciate any advice as the call could come anytime and I want to know ahead of time what my options are in this situation. Thanks!!
                      Read my post on page 21, it should help.
                      If you're in a position that you can hold out for exactly what you want, then do just that. If you really want to get on, then try to negotiate, if they won't then take what you have to if you really want the job.
                      They've already spent a ton of money on you so you are in a good position to negotiate.

                      Comment


                      • hello, i am a Feb 07 tester, i have returned my application package, taken the physical and PT test/exam, and have just taken my VBT (09/05/2007). just waiting my drug test date. home port looks like it will be Gulfport, MS.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by stiletto6507 View Post
                          hello, i am a Feb 07 tester, i have returned my application package, taken the physical and PT test/exam, and have just taken my VBT (09/05/2007). just waiting my drug test date. home port looks like it will be Gulfport, MS.

                          Not if I get there first. I'm just waiting for the BI to start and paperwork review to be completed. I've been finished with everything else for at least a month and a half now.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                          For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                          Comment


                          • no worries, they are short like 15 guys.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stiletto6507 View Post
                              no worries, they are short like 15 guys.
                              Most POE are short of inspectors.

                              Erm

                              Comment


                              • It seems cbp is trying to fix that. I'm at fletc now and they have a new class come in every week. We were told that they will be going to 2 new classes per week in the near future.
                                Don't tase me bro!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6555 users online. 284 members and 6271 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X