300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeeper15 View Post
    So I applied to Highgate Springs, Vermont for my port and it seems like everyone has a different process but all I have done is completed my e-qip for background investigation.

Is Highgate Springs a small port and my process going to be slow and if anyone works there what is it like to be a CBPO there? Work hours, living around the area, etc.

I see there is a new opening for Massena, NY if I re-apply there would my chances go up of getting hired quicker or is there another port and can re-apply to and then request a transfer back to NY area in 2 years?

If you want to get back to NY, id say reapply. It will be hard to find a swap from Highgate into NY (unless its JFK maybe). Also, it will be hard to get a swap from Massena to other places in NY.

Comment

So I applied to Highgate Springs, Vermont for my port and it seems like everyone has a different process but all I have done is completed my e-qip for background investigation.

Is Highgate Springs a small port and my process going to be slow and if anyone works there what is it like to be a CBPO there? Work hours, living around the area, etc.

I see there is a new opening for Massena, NY if I re-apply there would my chances go up of getting hired quicker or is there another port and can re-apply to and then request a transfer back to NY area in 2 years?
      Highgate is noticeably larger than Massena.

If you're looking at the likelihood of transferring in the future to somewhere like JFK or Newark probably none of those northern border ports is all that great of an option. All those NB ports are undesirables for one reason or another. That's the simple nature of these current limited announcements. They're looking to fill hard-to-fill ports.

Probably your best bet is to suck it up, head south and work one of the major southern border ports like San Ysidro, Calexico, Noglaes, Laredo, etc.

Do your time in down there, learn a bunch of stuff and then try to get wherever you want. That pretty much goes for most people looking to move.

Understand though that although the process to move within the agency is currently easier than it has ever been it's still not easy by any means. It may take you much longer than two years to get where you want to go...even if where you want is a mega port like Newark or JFK, and if what you want happens to be a tiny to mid-sized port somewhere. ..the chance to get there might never materialize in a meaningful matter for the unlucky person.

Comment

• Any updates on POE Miami 16 1

Comment

• Once you pass the PFT 2, how soon does HR send you email with Firm EOD Letter?

Comment

• I just did my SI today and fingerprints. Does anyone have an idea, or from personal experience, how long it takes to be notified if you passed or failed?

Comment

• Originally posted by ky19lw View Post
              I just did my SI today and fingerprints. Does anyone have an idea, or from personal experience, how long it takes to be notified if you passed or failed?
              You should have your results by Monday. I took my SI and fingerprints on a Thursday and got an email Monday. It was on Cass by Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
                You should have your results by Monday. I took my SI and fingerprints on a Thursday and got an email Monday. It was on Cass by Tuesday.

Where are you guys applying to and what announcement?

I haven't done anything other than my e-qip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                CBPO Timeline
                Test 2015 E-Qip 8/27/2016 Medical/PFT-1 9/12/2016 S.I 10/19/2016 Polygraph 10/26/2016

Comment

• Originally posted by phayul93 View Post
                  Once you pass the PFT 2, how soon does HR send you email with Firm EOD Letter?
                  IIRC they give you the letter and you sign paperwork subsequent to passing the PFT-2, like 5 mins after the last person finishes.

EOD - 08/2014
                  FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                  DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

Where are you guys applying to and what announcement?

I haven't done anything other than my e-qip.

Well I applied for the Coburn Gore, ME back about 2 months ago. I'm currently waiting for the investigator to call or to go and take a drug test or polygraph. So far it's been 2 weeks since my SI.

It depends on which port you have applied. The process for everyone is very different.

Comment

• Anyone know if the poly is the beginning or end of the background stage? I completed my oral board over 2 months ago and have everything besides background/drug checked in CASS. I completed a poly with border patrol in 2013 and was offered the position but declined due to location. Maybe they'll use my poly from that?

I'm 16-6 for San Ysidro. Figured the process would be about 6 months, but I'm already there and no idea what's going on with my BI. Anyone in the same situation?

Also considering reinstatement with BOP if this takes much longer. Partially due to not wanting to do another academy (kids & family) just to leave again (hopefully) for an 1811 gig down the road.
                      Last edited by Nieto2588; 09-03-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                        reinstatement with BOP if this takes much longer. Partially due to not wanting to do another academy (kids & family) just to leave again (hopefully) for an 1811 gig down the road.
                        As someone who is getting out of the BOP right now, it would be a great time to get back into the BOP since they are hiring a bunch of officers due to them added two whole shifts to all the USPs. We just hired 50 something new guys to fill all of these new posts and shifts they just created.

Just got my tentative offer for Messana. Hope I get thru the process quickly so I can get out of the BOP.

Comment

• So in 2015 I took my Medical/PFT-1 and passed, now I am a re-apply and got scheduled to redo them. Do they not carry over? Thought they were both good for 2 years.

Also any tips for the structured interview? The VBT got me last time so glad it was removed.
                          CBPO Timeline
                          Test 2015 E-Qip 8/27/2016 Medical/PFT-1 9/12/2016 S.I 10/19/2016 Polygraph 10/26/2016

Comment

Also any tips for the structured interview? The VBT got me last time so glad it was removed.
                            I have done soooo many SI's for different agencies but not CBP yet. I would imagine it is just like every other one.

The trick is to go into it ready to make straight forward answers with clear decision making in it with common sense being used. They might lead you on to a more correct response when they ask you about stuff you said. Just be confident. Seems to do the trick for me.

Comment

• How long did it take for you to receive our test scores??? I also applied for massena and have been waiting..

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
                                How long did it take for you to receive our test scores??? I also applied for massena and have been waiting..
                                About two weeks or a little less to get my test score back

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7849 users online. 427 members and 7422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X