• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
    Request a retest and see what they say
    Thanks I will

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post
      I am generally curious to what kind of shape you are in?

I hear about people failing it all the time and it ojust boggles my mind. As someone who is 6'7 and 270 lbs I passed it pretty easily last year when I took it and it wasn't much of an issue. Just run everyday and do squats + kettlebell swings and you should be fine when you get to the test.
      I wasn't in good shape. However, I've been working out for a little over a month. I do cardio daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamrocks999 View Post
        I need some help.

So in the contract it states that a response is to be given within a time frame.. what happens when that time-frame is up? Is there any thing we can do on our side, or is it just the way it is?

Contact the union and see if they're willing to go to bat for you and file a grievance over management's violation of the CBA.

Comment

• I have been reading people posting in this website but never post any yet. I m applicant of 16-05 San Ysidro CA, just got my PFT 2 schedule on 09/09/2016 and I know I will pass the PFT 2 easily because I m in the Army Reserve so I m in a great shape plus I finish my 2 mile run under 14 min. My EOD is on 09/19/2016 and academy is on 10/28/2016-03/16/2017, can anyone PM me and give me better understanding when should I relocated my family to San Ysidro? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by phayul93 View Post
            I have been reading people posting in this website but never post any yet. I m applicant of 16-05 San Ysidro CA, just got my PFT 2 schedule on 09/09/2016 and I know I will pass the PFT 2 easily because I m in the Army Reserve so I m in a great shape plus I finish my 2 mile run under 14 min. My EOD is on 09/19/2016 and academy is on 10/28/2016-03/16/2017, can anyone PM me and give me better understanding when should I relocated my family to San Ysidro? Thank you
            Do you have a compelling reason to move quickly?

If not, I'd wait until EOD and ask around the port for suggestions and advice. No sense in rushing if you have no need for it.

Comment

• I have been reading people posting in this website but never post any yet. I m applicant of 16-05 San Ysidro CA, just got my PFT 2 schedule on 09/09/2016 and I know I will pass the PFT 2 easily because I m in the Army Reserve so I m in a great shape plus I finish my 2 mile run under 14 min. My EOD is on 09/19/2016 and academy is on 10/28/2016-03/16/2017, can anyone PM me and give me better understanding when should I relocated my family to San Ysidro? Thank you

Comment

• met with my bi today and havent gotten my poly results does that mean i passed my poly

Comment

• hey border bingo can u pm.me applied for laredo and i met with bi today so far everytbing looks good

Comment

• Originally posted by alaniz19 View Post
                    met with my bi today and havent gotten my poly results does that mean i passed my poly
                    9 times out of 10, if you're meeting with your BI after the poly, you passed. I never received any results after mine, knew I was moving forward because the investigator called. However, YMMV. Take each piece of advice knowing that almost everyone has a different timeline/process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    EOD - 08/2014
                    FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                    DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• How is FLETC? And do you get option if you want to drive or fly to FLECT from San Ysidro.
                      Last edited by phayul93; 08-31-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Do you have a compelling reason to move quickly?

If not, I'd wait until EOD and ask around the port for suggestions and advice. No sense in rushing if you have no need for it.
                        We are currently in Alaska and My wife she doesn't like ALaska very much so she want to move to California. That why I want to rent a place and have her settle down in CA while I go to FLETC.
                        Last edited by phayul93; 08-31-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

How is FLETC? And do you get option if you want to drive or fly to FLECT from San Ysidro.

FLETC is easy.

You will get paid what ever is cheaper, then you can decide what you want to do. So if its $500 to fly, and $800 to drive...you will still only get the $500. (At least that's how it was at some ports)

Comment

How is FLETC? And do you get option if you want to drive or fly to FLECT from San Ysidro.
                            It's close to 2500 miles between SYS and Brunswick.
                            You might not have the time between your last shift at pre-academy and the start of the academy to drive that sort of distance.

They'll give you a travel day to fly out of California and to Georgia. I can't see them giving any more than that...at least not easily.

Comment

We are currently in Alaska and My wife she doesn't like ALaska very much so she want to move to California. That why I want to rent a place and have her settle down in CA while I go to FLETC.
                              Maybe a short term rental might be an option.

Settle the wife down in a location somewhere she'll be happy for the next year and once you're back from the academy and a bit more settled in the job you and her can look for more permanent housing arrangements.

Comment

• So I applied to Highgate Springs, Vermont for my port and it seems like everyone has a different process but all I have done is completed my e-qip for background investigation.

Is Highgate Springs a small port and my process going to be slow and if anyone works there what is it like to be a CBPO there? Work hours, living around the area, etc.

I see there is a new opening for Massena, NY if I re-apply there would my chances go up of getting hired quicker or is there another port and can re-apply to and then request a transfer back to NY area in 2 years?
                                CBPO Timeline
                                Test 2015 E-Qip 8/27/2016 Medical/PFT-1 9/12/2016 S.I 10/19/2016 Polygraph 10/26/2016

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11280 users online. 374 members and 10906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X