300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Spanish is pretty much a participation event...in that you can pretty much expect to pass as long as you attend classes and complete the assignments and tasks required. It's not meant to give anyone anything beyond a limited fluency within a specific range of using the language on the job.
    Assuming you feel comfortable with the notion of an academy in general and roughly 6 months spent in training before graduation, I wouldn't freak out over the notion that Spanish class is some sort of culling point designed to remove applicants. ..it's not.

There are some ports that do have government housing available. I'm not sure which, if any, of those ports being offered have housing as an option. In the days of yore it was more of an option but the agency has moved away from providing houses in many, if not most, of the ports that have previously offered it. Massena doesn't offer it. I don't recall if they ever did but if it was once an option it was years ago and part of port setup long abandoned to the past.
    I figured it would be like our training before deployments on language. Teach you some key phrases and put you thru scenarios and just pass you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
      Well first they're going to send you to do the physical and medical before they invite you for a SI. It always takes a while for the background check so be patient. They will email you soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Actually I have my SI coming up and have not been scheduled for my physical or medical. I think it just depends on what they can fit you in for

Comment

• I need some help.

So in the contract it states that a response is to be given within a time frame.. what happens when that time-frame is up? Is there any thing we can do on our side, or is it just the way it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamrocks999 View Post
          I need some help.

So in the contract it states that a response is to be given within a time frame.. what happens when that time-frame is up? Is there any thing we can do on our side, or is it just the way it is?
          What contract? If you are talking about the eqip or any forms if you cannot submit it by the timeframe email them back and let them know you need an extension.
          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• I am a CBP officer, I am talking about the NTEU contract.

Comment

• One question,

If I put in for one port and it gets filled will they pull my name for another port or do I have to re=apply. My current agency just pulled my name for a different area and hired me that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamrocks999 View Post
                I need some help.

Response to what??
                CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                Application- 7/23/2014
                Written exam - 9/24/2015
                NOR: 10/31/2014
                TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                NOPA- 5/4/2015
                Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                EOD: 10/26/15
                FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Does anyone have any information on Calexico Port? How is the schedule like, OT, living conditions near by?

Comment

• What a bummer. I took the pft1 today and did good until I took the step test. I've been practicing on a 9 inch step stool and it didn't help at all. Lol. I did the test after my SI (passed). I wonder if I can reapply or appeal it. My process has moved rather quickly (applied in July). Although I have a personal trainer, I still need more work.

Comment

• How long does it take to receive your test scores if you took the computer based entrance examine???

Comment

• Originally posted by Capricorn View Post
                        What a bummer. I took the pft1 today and did good until I took the step test. I've been practicing on a 9 inch step stool and it didn't help at all. Lol. I did the test after my SI (passed). I wonder if I can reapply or appeal it. My process has moved rather quickly (applied in July). Although I have a personal trainer, I still need more work.
                        Just reaply to current anouncment

Comment

What a bummer. I took the pft1 today and did good until I took the step test. I've been practicing on a 9 inch step stool and it didn't help at all. Lol. I did the test after my SI (passed). I wonder if I can reapply or appeal it. My process has moved rather quickly (applied in July). Although I have a personal trainer, I still need more work.
                          Request a retest and see what they say
                          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

I am generally curious to what kind of shape you are in?

I hear about people failing it all the time and it just boggles my mind. As someone who is 6'7 and 270 lbs I passed it pretty easily last year when I took it and it wasn't much of an issue. Just run everyday and do squats + kettlebell swings and you should be fine when you get to the test.
                            Last edited by fathitman; 08-30-2016, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Thanks I will

Comment

• I wasn't in good shape. However, I've been working out for a little over a month. I do cardio daily.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11219 users online. 452 members and 10767 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X