Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the medical I saw the vision is 20/20 I know I'm currently 25/25 so I would need contacts for work purposes to meet that requirement, do many people wear contacts and glasses in cbp???

Comment

• 16 1 miami, received an email from mhc today stating no more opening in miami now, plse wait til next opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
        16 1 miami, received an email from mhc today stating no more opening in miami now, plse wait til next opening.
        Me too but I had already reapplied.

August 18, 2016

Dear CBP Officer Applicant:

Our records indicate that you have an active application with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), announcement CBPO 16-1 for the Miami location.

Why are we sending you this letter?

The Miami location does not have additional vacancies at this time. Applicants who applied to CBPO 16-1 for an entry level CBP Officer, GS-1895-5/7/9 position in Miami and received a raw score of 82 or less on the entrance examination will not receive a tentative offer of employment.

What do I need to do?

If you are still interested in an entry-level CBP Officer position you will need to apply to a new job announcement. Vacancy Announcement CBPO 16-11 is now open and will close on August 31, 2016. We encourage you to apply to a new duty location.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
          Me too but I had already reapplied.

August 18, 2016

Dear CBP Officer Applicant:

Our records indicate that you have an active application with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), announcement CBPO 16-1 for the Miami location.

Why are we sending you this letter?

The Miami location does not have additional vacancies at this time. Applicants who applied to CBPO 16-1 for an entry level CBP Officer, GS-1895-5/7/9 position in Miami and received a raw score of 82 or less on the entrance examination will not receive a tentative offer of employment.

What do I need to do?

If you are still interested in an entry-level CBP Officer position you will need to apply to a new job announcement. Vacancy Announcement CBPO 16-11 is now open and will close on August 31, 2016. We encourage you to apply to a new duty location.
          Wow when did u receive that email on the 18? Was ur score less than 82? So they r saying no miami but u could apply and take the test again and transfer ur file or what? Thats so lame, i bet , they r acting this way cause the prioritizing NROB list now per new agreement. Any1 else received a similar email. Well i did not receive an email like urs, i sent an email inquiring about the waiting time and was told no opening at this time in miami and to wait. I scored 89.

Comment

Wow when did u receive that email on the 18? Was ur score less than 82? So they r saying no miami but u could apply and take the test again and transfer ur file or what? Thats so lame, i bet , they r acting this way cause the prioritizing NROB list now per new agreement. Any1 else received a similar email. Well i did not receive an email like urs, i sent an email inquiring about the waiting time and was told no opening at this time in miami and to wait. I scored 89.
            I received an 81on the test. Any idea when Miami will reopen?

Comment

No clue, but i know they r taking laterals now

Comment

No one really knows when Miami will open again. With the current situation of the NROB, I don't expect it open for a while. Even those currently waiting in the ready pool are going to wait a long time.

That's if it opens at all in the next couple years. Most new hires are expected to go to the SW border and specific northern border ports.

Comment

• If you are on the ready pool you are ok. You are just going have to wait a while due to transfers. I'm expecting a 2 + year wait.

Comment

• Wow that worries me, I didnt score that high for a different port and hope they dont do that to me especially after waiting so long..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreen View Post
                      Wow that worries me, I didnt score that high for a different port and hope they dont do that to me especially after waiting so long..
                      Wich port?

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
                        Wich port?
                        Chicago

Comment

• can someone please tell me if they have been getting the run around with their poly results ive taken it 8 weeks ago and still no answer talked to case manager and then a human resource assistant and one said my poly was good and my background is still pending but then i get an email to contact opr adn i do and it goes to voicemail everysingle time stating to leave your name and ive done that ten times and also emailed them the first of august and still no reply so can a man get a quick answer either yes or no F***

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
                            If you are on the ready pool you are ok. You are just going have to wait a while due to transfers. I'm expecting a 2 + year wait.
                            2+ years, wow but dont u have to retake everythkng again after 2 years? Most tests will expire no? I heard the NROB agreement is 50/50, so why r they only taking laterals ?

Comment

2+ years, wow but dont u have to retake everythkng again after 2 years? Most tests will expire no? I heard the NROB agreement is 50/50, so why r they only taking laterals ?
                              It's not 50/50 officers say that but they have not read the agreement. A friend in Mia told me that they being getting mostly laterals due to some new agreement.

Comment

• Hello, I'm a 16- 10 applicant for Laredo, Texas. Anyone working there Now? How is it?
                                Last edited by K_C792; 08-23-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9611 users online. 362 members and 9249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X