Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
    Just got an update via email.

It turns out that my Polygraph results were unfavorable and I did not pass. I can't believe this. I'm absolutely stunned right now. I don't understand how I could have failed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry to hear that. Don't give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
      I'm sorry to hear that. Don't give up.
      Thanks, I definitely won't be.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt8538 View Post
        How do you like it up there or what do you do mostly??? I pm'd you but your private messages is not working
        Sorry, man. No idea how to turn them on. I check this every couple of nights at work.

If you're picking one of the maine ports, I can not help but assume it is a lot like the one I am at. Slow. And by slow, I mean mind-numbing slow.

Which, some of the older guys that have served in the military or have been in the agency for a long time and paid their dues, hey rock on. But for someone newer.. I don't mind the work.

I would say the biggest thing is if you're moving far away from your world, be prepared for it. Everything you're accustomed to, is now going to be a different routine. Where you sleep, eat, spend your leisure time.

Check out your town and what there is to do. If you fish and hunt, you're in your glory up here.

Just be ready for a little bit more isolation and a slower pace than what you hear of from the SWB officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
          Well you're wrong on willing to wait but I I will because I have no choice. I have barely seen my kids in almost a year. I made a mistake when I applied and didn't realize New York was not considered the Northeast Region and with my age expering I went with the best choice at the time. If you told me my reapply would take this long I never would've guessed that. You know what MHC told me after the announcement closed and I realized I made the mistake...:sorry, you will have to reapply to fix that mistake. That's what I did and now while my children don't have their mom and I live far away..I just wait not because I'm willing but because it was my only option.

Not to mention, to stay one extra night in New York I would leave at 2 am to be to work at 5/5:30 and sleep in my car until my shift started at 7 am. Now I'm working nights and try to go back to New York after a 13 hour day and sometimes sleep in a rest stop to make it home and see my family. Not to mention supporting two households. I'm not the only one at my port that picked the wrong region.

so no we are not 'willing' to wait.
          Sorry for your situation. Yet,you are still waiting. you might not like the wait but you are willing to do it. If you did not you would have quit.

I never said we wait happily it sucks for everyone that has to wait yet we all do it
          Last edited by Borderbingo; 08-18-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Borderbingo;3926338]Sorry for your situation. Yet,you are still waiting. you might not like the wait but you are willing to do it. If you did not you would have quit.

I never said we wait happily it sucks for everyone that has to wait yet we all do it[/QUOTE

What's the alternative? Unemployed?? I don't know anyone that can just quit a job just like that. You can keep spinning it and using the word willing.
            CBPO 14-2 Applicant
            Application- 7/23/2014
            Written exam - 9/24/2015
            NOR: 10/31/2014
            TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
            SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
            Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
            PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
            VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
            Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
            NOPA- 5/4/2015
            Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
            Met with BI - 5/30/2015
            Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
            BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
            Drug Test - 9/24/2015
            Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
            EOD: 10/26/15
            FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Just had my SI this morning. I'm fairly confident about how it went so hopefully I pass that and move on to the PTF2

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
                Well you're wrong on willing to wait but I I will because I have no choice. I have barely seen my kids in almost a year. I made a mistake when I applied and didn't realize New York was not considered the Northeast Region and with my age expering I went with the best choice at the time. If you told me my reapply would take this long I never would've guessed that. You know what MHC told me after the announcement closed and I realized I made the mistake...:sorry, you will have to reapply to fix that mistake. That's what I did and now while my children don't have their mom and I live far away..I just wait not because I'm willing but because it was my only option.

Not to mention, to stay one extra night in New York I would leave at 2 am to be to work at 5/5:30 and sleep in my car until my shift started at 7 am. Now I'm working nights and try to go back to New York after a 13 hour day and sometimes sleep in a rest stop to make it home and see my family. Not to mention supporting two households. I'm not the only one at my port that picked the wrong region.

so no we are not 'willing' to wait.
                What port you at? I'll see if someone here at JFK want to swap
                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
                  Just had my SI this morning. I'm fairly confident about how it went so hopefully I pass that and move on to the PTF2

No polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley85 View Post
                    No polygraph?
                    Should be doing the polygraph before the PTF2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
                      Should be doing the polygraph before the PTF2.

Polygraph after you submit eqip, meet BI, drug test, PFT2, EOD
                      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                        What port you at? I'll see if someone here at JFK want to swap
                        Going to submit my swap paperwork next week. Fingers crossed.
                        CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                        Application- 7/23/2014
                        Written exam - 9/24/2015
                        NOR: 10/31/2014
                        TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                        SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                        Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                        PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                        VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                        Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                        NOPA- 5/4/2015
                        Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                        Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                        Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                        BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                        Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                        Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                        EOD: 10/26/15
                        FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

Polygraph after you submit eqip, meet BI, drug test, PFT2, EOD
                          My process has been different a bit.

Comment

• Hey there BOP guy here, Just took the CBPO Entrance exam.

I wish I was warned about that math portion. Honestly don't expect to pass that test after bombing that section unless I guess right lol

Dear lord, Had to be the hardest math section I have taken for any federal agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathitman View Post
                              Hey there BOP guy here, Just took the CBPO Entrance exam.

I wish I was warned about that math portion. Honestly don't expect to pass that test after bombing that section unless I guess right lol

Dear lord, Had to be the hardest math section I have taken for any federal agency.
                              New test I don't think anyone in the process knows what's on that test. Good luck

Comment

New test I don't think anyone in the process knows what's on that test. Good luck
                                Well the math portions is a ton of fractions, decimals, percentages, all mixed into complicated math problems.

Doing all this with no calculator is insane.

If you have not done math in awhile you need to practice before taking this test.
                                Last edited by fathitman; 08-19-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9691 users online. 475 members and 9216 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X