300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys!

New to the forum but I've worked for the government before for a couple years so not so new there.

I've recently applied for a CBPO position in Coburn Gore, ME. Announcement #16-8
    I was smoldering if any one on here is currently working there or not? Just looking to get some heads up of what to expect up there.

I'm currently scheduled for my SI on the 18th of the month and was wondering if it's similar to an Oral Board for a police position or completely different.
    Also do they not do the VBT anymore?

Thanks for any info!
    Antonio

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
      Hey guys!

New to the forum but I've worked for the government before for a couple years so not so new there.

I've recently applied for a CBPO position in Coburn Gore, ME. Announcement #16-8
      I was smoldering if any one on here is currently working there or not? Just looking to get some heads up of what to expect up there.

I'm currently scheduled for my SI on the 18th of the month and was wondering if it's similar to an Oral Board for a police position or completely different.
      Also do they not do the VBT anymore?

Thanks for any info!
      Antonio

To answer your question, yes it is similar to a police oral board panel with three CBP officials, one officer, a supervisor SGT and another LT.
      Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Comment

• I really can't get into specifics though about the interview because of the NDA we had to sign.
        Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Comment

• I understand that. I'm aware of what to expect anyways.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• My backround check is still ongoing for some reason. I haven't got a check next to it on my CASS. What should I expect after the interview if I pass that?

Comment

• It's a behavioral interview . Google it. Nobody will tell you specific questions, but if you google the type of interview you'll get the point. Good luck. If you have experience it will be easy.

Comment

• Background investigator contacted me today and said he was sending everything in and it looked good.

Anyone know how long it generally takes once the background packet is submitted by the investigator?

Comment

• I'm a 16-5 applicant I took my drug test today and got the call today as well! My eod is on August 15th n I ship out to fletc on sept 8th to Jan 20th! I have Laredo as my station, got to start somewhere. Crazy because my background got cleared yesterday and it was adjudicated on Monday!

Comment

• It depends mine took two weeks. Last week it was sent up for review. I had drug test pending alll this week yesterday they scheduled me for a drug test I took it today 8/4/16 and I checked cass this morning saying the investigation was complete and today they called for my offer of employment. So it really depends I applied for Laredo so.. but sometimes cass won't update all mine didn't update to tsu it just stayed green.

Comment

• Congrats guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mmendez22 View Post
                        I'm a 16-5 applicant I took my drug test today and got the call today as well! My eod is on August 15th n I ship out to fletc on sept 8th to Jan 20th! I have Laredo as my station, got to start somewhere. Crazy because my background got cleared yesterday and it was adjudicated on Monday!
                        Congrats! man that is my port. Let me know if you have any questions. Send me a pm with your phone # and I'll help you with what I can. Where are you from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
                          Congrats! man that is my port. Let me know if you have any questions. Send me a pm with your phone # and I'll help you with what I can. Where are you from?
                          Hey i thought ur port was miami

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
                            Hey i thought ur port was miami
                            Yes, that's my reaply port. I'm at Laredo now

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
                              Yes, that's my reaply port. I'm at Laredo now
                              I see. I thought if ur already a cbpo , u didn't have to apply for the position again in order to transfer to a new port? I guess a transfer request is not enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
                                I see. I thought if ur already a cbpo , u didn't have to apply for the position again in order to transfer to a new port? I guess a transfer request is not enough?
                                Once you are in the SWB it hard to get out. Either you reaply or wait 6 + years for a transfer to go somewhere decent. That won't necessarily would be your home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4921 users online. 196 members and 4725 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X