• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
      Isn't there a new opening today?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      I heard it was moved to 8/8

Comment

Supposedly they're reworking some of the wording on the upcoming announcement and because of that the opening date was pushed back to August 8th.

Comment

Any idea on the new locations offered?

Comment

• Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
            Any idea on the new locations offered?
            Doesn't seem like it's been posted yet. According to the posters on Delphi it's going to be posted on the 8th instead because they're making changes to the hiring process.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't seem like it's been posted yet. According to the posters on Delphi it's going to be posted on the 8th instead because they're making changes to the hiring process.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
              Thank you. Wow, changes? I wonder what that entails??

Comment

Thank you. Wow, changes? I wonder what that entails??
                No more VBT.

Comment

• Some people from the delphi forums are saying calls are being made to miami applicants, recently. Dont know if they use ur score or ur date of the scheduling unit to get called, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
                    Hey victorious, do u need a car while ur at the academy?
                    You won't NEED a car. If at all possible though, I'd suggest bringing one. Life at FLETC is far easier if you have your own personal transportation and the travel options it allows for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
                      Some people from the delphi forums are saying calls are being made to miami applicants, recently. Dont know if they use ur score or ur date of the scheduling unit to get called, who knows.
                      Got a email today to change grade. It's s glimmer of hope.

Comment

• Any one have any insight on harpers ferry PFT2? What kind of track do you run on?
                        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                          Any one have any insight on harpers ferry PFT2? What kind of track do you run on?
                          I have mine there this week, I'll let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley85 View Post
                            No more VBT.
                            I wonder why the agency discontinued the VBT? Personally, I think they should have discontinued the poly. At least with the VBT, the supervisors can observe and make assessments about the candidates and their responses. They can inform the candidate of their strentghs and weaknesses. I have heard many, many different issues with the poly. I am sure many well qualified candidates were DQ'ed because of the "deception" factor it may have shown.

Comment

I wonder why the agency discontinued the VBT? Personally, I think they should have discontinued the poly. At least with the VBT, the supervisors can observe and make assessments about the candidates and their responses. They can inform the candidate of their strentghs and weaknesses. I have heard many, many different issues with the poly. I am sure many well qualified candidates were DQ'ed because of the "deception" factor it may have shown.
                              The poly is required by law. When the Border Anti Corruption Act was passed it mandated all CBPO and BPA applicants be given the poly. A lot of money/funding was at stake, so the CBP backed it from what I am told.
                              It will require a Congressional amendment to do away with the poly. However, now a bunch of folks have great Mon-Fri jobs giving the polys and will surely protest any change.
                              IMHO the poly is killing hiring efforts and not very effective at judging character.

Comment

• The polygraph is a matter of law...the Anti Border Corruption Act of 2010. Getting rid of the poly would take an act of Congress and the President.

The VBT came about originally as a replacement for structured interviews. Later, structured interviews were reintroduced, leaving the VBT as more or less redundant within the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10381 users online. 445 members and 9936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X