300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MSUgirL View Post
    OMG...Merlin I will be on CBP time...I work for CBP right now....I will be on the clock while taking the VBT and I will have a GOV'T vehicle to drive to take the test...so whats the point of changing while I'm on the clock....

No response needed...
    I know of very few VBT failures, but the two I have read were BP or TSA employees going to their VBT in uniform.

Just something to think about.

Comment

• Hmmm..interesting robeans...well since I will be leaving from work and have to return to work....i will remain in uniform....I will let you know the outcome....

and funny you say that...cause the people on here who fail did not take the vbt in uniform....

Comment

• Just got my T.O. for New York all other in the mail today (tested in August 90 no Vet.)

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
          but we can also keep in mind that 6 months after FLET we can be 9
          That is very true, but as for me, i just assume get hired on as soon as possible

Comment

• Originally posted by triplejump View Post
            Just had my 3 month post op lasik done on saturday, and everything shows completed in CASS. I'm getting married Jan 3rd, and wanted to know if anyone has heard of hirings over Christmas/New Years?

Hey, how long did it take for the Medical Unit to send you a letter saying you have to wait 3 months? I took my medical exam a little over a month ago and I am pretty sure I need to wait 3 months for my PRK but I have yet heard anything from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
              Hey, how long did it take for the Medical Unit to send you a letter saying you have to wait 3 months? I took my medical exam a little over a month ago and I am pretty sure I need to wait 3 months for my PRK but I have yet heard anything from them.
              It takes 4 to 6 weeks after taking your medical for the results to show up, after that it would be about a week or 2 to get your letter...

and BTW for those of you posting that you received a "Medical NOPA" ... I looked over the letter I received from the medical unit for my vision and no where in it does it say Notice Of Proposed Action, all it says that you have to retake any exam you failed and send it back within the time allowed. In other words, it's not a NOPA!...
              Just felt like clarifying that since it's been bugging me ever since I began reading posts from people calling them "NOPA's"...
              Last edited by yoda; 11-17-2008, 09:53 PM.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                It takes 4 to 6 weeks after taking your medical for the results to show up, after that it would be about a week or 2 to get your letter...

and BTW for those of you posting that you received a "Medical NOPA" ... I looked over the letter I received from the medical unit for my vision and no where in it does it say Notice Of Proposed Action, all it says that you have to retake any exam you failed and send it back within the time allowed. In other words, it's not a NOPA!...
                Just felt like clarifying that since it's been bugging me ever since I began reading posts from people calling them "NOPA's"...
                I just got a letter for my lasik surgery that I had in 2004. My letter stated that I was NOT MEDICALLY CLEARED and requested that I get an eye exam, accompanied with a sheet for the doctor to answer some basic questions regarding my eye heath. I took the medical on Oct 7 & the letter was dated Nov 13.

Comment

• I usually referred to it as NMC for Not Medically Cleared. At least that's what my letter said.

EDIT: beaten like a red headed step child
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Hey guys, thanks for the quick response regarding the medical letters. I don't know what I would be doing now without you guys. I would probably be freaking out and going crazy hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                      I usually referred to it as NMC for Not Medically Cleared. At least that's what my letter said.

A few weeks back there were a few members throwing around the term NOPA for medical letters, it even had me doubting myself, but I new it was wrong for them to call it that. Today I found the letter they sent me for my eye exam, that said I had "NO" depth perception, and read it to see if there was anything referred to as "NOPA"... Nothing, just the term Not Medically Cleared...
                      CBPO

Comment

Hmmm..interesting robeans...well since I will be leaving from work and have to return to work....i will remain in uniform....I will let you know the outcome....

and funny you say that...cause the people on here who fail did not take the vbt in uniform....
                        Yeah I got my info from the other CBPO website.

Comment

OMG...Merlin I will be on CBP time...I work for CBP right now....I will be on the clock while taking the VBT and I will have a GOV'T vehicle to drive to take the test...so whats the point of changing while I'm on the clock....

No response needed...
                          Wow.

I'm amazed that you actually got CBP management approval to to do the VBT on Uncle Sugar's dime and a G-ride.

That sort of begs the question though...

Since you were in touch with management in order to get the OK to test on G-time and drive the G-ride, why not ask them what they thought about your testing in your class 5's? Why ask me?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            That is very true, but as for me, i just assume get hired on as soon as possible
                            my opinion is that they do the spots thing just to offer lower salary to those who have more experience or education. I guess it is just like companies with the salary negotiation. They may think that people who need the job will take it under 5 anyways. However, I just want to have that feeling that after being almost all my life in school some how I deserve a little reward.
                            TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                            NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                            QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                            GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                            PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                            MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                            FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                            VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                            DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                            BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• CBP FLETC questions...

I'm new to the forum, but I've read almost the entire "CBP Officer" thread.

I took the CBP exam in March 2008 and scored a 97 (no veteran's points).

I finally got an offer for employment as a CBP Officer 2 weeks ago, I begin pre-academy training at my port on December 1st, and I start at Glynco on December 30th, and complete the academy on April 14th. I am going in as a GS7....I have both a Bachelor's and Master's degree ( I was previously a teacher in the public school system).
                              I resigned from teaching at the end of the school year in May 2008. I had applied with the police dept. months before (I applied with the poilce dept and with CBP at roughly the same time) and got hired in August with the poilce dept. The police academy I am currently in is a 19 week program, currently I am in week 16 of the academy but will have to resign before I graduate due to the start date with CBP on Dec 1st. The only temporary downfall I see in the move is the paycut I'll be taking going from a police officer ($44,000) to a GS7 ($36, 800), but am hoping that in the long run the move will pay off.

Here are some of the questions I currently have about FLETC:

1. I'm debating whether or not to take my car, my biggest concern with this is the flooding that I've read about at the Taj....what are the chances that flooding occurs between Dec and April?

2. I have Sprint as a cell provider, how is Sprint service at Glynco (i.e. will my cell be on roam while I'm there?)?

3. When the Minneapolis Hiring center contacted me to offer the position, the lady I spoke with said that my background was complete. I've read on here that some people are still "pulled out" of class to clear up issues with their background which isn't complete. So how do you know if your background is in fact COMPLETE once you're at FLETC?

4. According to recent posts it seems that everyone is getting a roommate...is this truly the case, or are some students still rooming alone?

5. What banks are in the immediate area (I bank with Bank of America)?

6. Can you access personal email and bank accounts online in the computer labs? Or, is doing so only permitted on personal laptops?

7. Once I'm done at FLETC and return to my port after April 14th, how soon after will I most likely be able to put in overtime?

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated, I posted questions that I was unable to find definite answers for utilizing the SEARCH function.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by txn80 View Post
                                I'm new to the forum, but I've read almost the entire "CBP Officer" thread.

I took the CBP exam in March 2008 and scored a 97 (no veteran's points).

I finally got an offer for employment as a CBP Officer 2 weeks ago, I begin pre-academy training at my port on December 1st, and I start at Glynco on December 30th, and complete the academy on April 14th. I am going in as a GS7....I have both a Bachelor's and Master's degree ( I was previously a teacher in the public school system).
                                I resigned from teaching at the end of the school year in May 2008. I had applied with the police dept. months before (I applied with the poilce dept and with CBP at roughly the same time) and got hired in August with the poilce dept. The police academy I am currently in is a 19 week program, currently I am in week 16 of the academy but will have to resign before I graduate due to the start date with CBP on Dec 1st. The only temporary downfall I see in the move is the paycut I'll be taking going from a police officer ($44,000) to a GS7 ($36, 800), but am hoping that in the long run the move will pay off.

Here are some of the questions I currently have about FLETC:

1. I'm debating whether or not to take my car, my biggest concern with this is the flooding that I've read about at the Taj....what are the chances that flooding occurs between Dec and April?

2. I have Sprint as a cell provider, how is Sprint service at Glynco (i.e. will my cell be on roam while I'm there?)?

3. When the Minneapolis Hiring center contacted me to offer the position, the lady I spoke with said that my background was complete. I've read on here that some people are still "pulled out" of class to clear up issues with their background which isn't complete. So how do you know if your background is in fact COMPLETE once you're at FLETC?

4. According to recent posts it seems that everyone is getting a roommate...is this truly the case, or are some students still rooming alone?

5. What banks are in the immediate area (I bank with Bank of America)?

6. Can you access personal email and bank accounts online in the computer labs? Or, is doing so only permitted on personal laptops?

7. Once I'm done at FLETC and return to my port after April 14th, how soon after will I most likely be able to put in overtime?

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated, I posted questions that I was unable to find definite answers for utilizing the SEARCH function.

Thanks.
                                Welcome to the Forum, and Congrarts on your offer!...

From what I've read and told by close friends:
                                1- Take your car
                                2- NO IDEA
                                3- Depends if you already met your investigator, and about a month or two have passed... That will mean it is completed...
                                4- Roommates all around for CBP at least
                                5- NO IDEA
                                6- Probably, but personally I would prefer do that on my own computer rather than a public one.
                                7- You can begin logging OT in even while you EOD, while in the academy, and as soon as you begin at the port as an officer.

You need to keep in mind that you are basing your GS 7 pay on base pay, you need to add locality, the shift you work, what day of the week you work, then OT... lots of different things add onto the base pay, you might be looking at 50k at the end of the year... and even then it off to GS 9...
                                Last edited by yoda; 11-18-2008, 03:26 AM.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6597 users online. 308 members and 6289 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X