Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Borderbingo;3913851]
    Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    As I recall, the memo that came out last August basically said that the future plans were to target hiring into "hard - to - fill" ports, target hiring into ports that could supply an adequate amount of work experience and training resources to give some new hires a broader, more expansive overall experience than what many ports have to offer., and target hiring after a more robust relocation and reassignment driven priority allows current people the option to fill some of the holes elsewhere within the agency.

It might actually be interesting to see it implemented. I'd say many, if not most, of the "hard - to - fill" locations are also locations that don't offer a lot of total experience to an Officer. I wonder which, HTF or experience takes priority when both collide. ...I'll guess HTF.

Beyond that, as a new hire, take a look at the size of the port your looking at. If it's a large, major player like Miami, JFK or Long Beach, those ports will probably almost always need people. Many of the tiny to small/medium ports may see much less for new street hires though.[/

Ports like Miami, JFK or Long Beach are supposed to be filled up with nrob.lets see if that happens.
    You think that there's enough people on the NROB or other relocation/reassignment lists to cover the hiring needs of ports the size and scope of Miami, JFK, or Long Beach?

Maybe . Especially in the short term. Give it a few go-arounds drawing from the NROB filling internal relocations though and then those current people who really want to reassign to a different port will largely have made their jumps and things will more or less settle down from the initial highs of first implemention.

Those larger ports will likely continue to have meaningful attrition and need a steady stream of new people each year. I don't see that changing barring some sort of major changes within OFO as a whole.

My two cents anyway, for what it is worth.

Comment

• Do we know How many academy classes fletc GA, is having annually?

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
        Do we know How many academy classes fletc GA, is having annually?
        It depends on the year. Some years offer a mere handful, other offer upwards of 60-70 classes.

Most years run 25-40 classes. This year will fall into that range.

Comment

• CBP officer

Anyone here in the scheduling unit for JFK? Or is there anyone here that works at JFK that know there's people in post academy now?
          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Going on 4 months since the poly in Detroit and still no word. Was told I didn't pass or fail and I may have to come in for more testing, anyone else? Got my TSL 10/2016, 16-1 for Portal, ND.

Comment

• Have my polygraph on Wednesday. Just been doing everything I can to stay relaxed these last few days.

My plan is to be as calm as possible, and stick to yes or no answers as well as making sure not to move during the exam.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                Anyone here in the scheduling unit for JFK? Or is there anyone here that works at JFK that know there's people in post academy now?
                In scheduling since March for JFK
                CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                Application- 7/23/2014
                Written exam - 9/24/2015
                NOR: 10/31/2014
                TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                NOPA- 5/4/2015
                Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                EOD: 10/26/15
                FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                  Have my polygraph on Wednesday. Just been doing everything I can to stay relaxed these last few days.

My plan is to be as calm as possible, and stick to yes or no answers as well as making sure not to move during the exam.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  You're only supposed to answer yes or no

Comment

• im a little nervous with some info my friend gave me well i passed the poly according tonthe polygrapher but i admitted to smoking marijuana 1 time and didnt put it on eqip but the polygrapher said not to.worry bout it well my friend told me thats automatically a fail poly cuz thats how he didnt pass and also i havent gotten a response whether i passed or not from quality control and he says if u passed they email u quickly and if u faled they take their time is this true

Comment

• Originally posted by alaniz19 View Post
                      im a little nervous with some info my friend gave me well i passed the poly according tonthe polygrapher but i admitted to smoking marijuana 1 time and didnt put it on eqip but the polygrapher said not to.worry bout it well my friend told me thats automatically a fail poly cuz thats how he didnt pass and also i havent gotten a response whether i passed or not from quality control and he says if u passed they email u quickly and if u faled they take their time is this true
                      i tried marujuana 10 years ago

Comment

Last group of hires for JFK was mid-January. All of them are back from the academy and finishing up their post-academy by end of summer. Not sure how that helps, but there you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        EOD - 08/2014
                        FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                        DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                          Last group of hires for JFK was mid-January. All of them are back from the academy and finishing up their post-academy by end of summer. Not sure how that helps, but there you go.

Thanks. I got my drug test this Wednesday and was just trying to see if they had new recruits in. Hows the moral at JFK? What is the schedule like for the new officers after academy?
                          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

Thanks. I got my drug test this Wednesday and was just trying to see if they had new recruits in. Hows the moral at JFK? What is the schedule like for the new officers after academy?

What announcement are you??
                            CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                            Application- 7/23/2014
                            Written exam - 9/24/2015
                            NOR: 10/31/2014
                            TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                            SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                            Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                            PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                            VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                            Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                            NOPA- 5/4/2015
                            Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                            Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                            Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                            BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                            Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                            Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                            EOD: 10/26/15
                            FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

Email the investigator that sent you the eqip

I was told by that particular investigator that someone would contact me; that person has unfortunately nothing to do with my case anymore as she passed the torch. Not sure it's worth contacting someone who did their portion of the job.
                              It doesn't hurt but I have a feeling I'm not going to get a response back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
                                What announcement are you??
                                15-2

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6946 users online. 351 members and 6595 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X