Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
    You got this man just stay calm.
    Thanx. I don't know what I can change for the fourth time but get more sleep and eat more prior.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
      Thanx. I don't know what I can change for the fourth time but get more sleep and eat more prior.
      Don't think about it. Don't move. Just answer simple yes or no.

My technique is to stare at the wall and don't think about anything. Daydream and just answer yes or no. Any movement shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Timeline update

CBPO Announcement 15-2
        4-27-15 Application Submitted
        6-14-15 Entrance Exam
        7-20-15 Medical
        7-20-15 Fitness(Failed cadence)

CBPO Announcement 15-5
        8-24-15 Re-Applied
        10-29-15 Submitted e-QIP
        11-20-15 Fitness(Passed)
        11-20-15 VBT/SI/FP (Passed)
        1-21-16 E-QIP Re-submitted
        2-22-16 BI Packet in Security office
        3-16-16 1st Poly inconclusive
        4-4-16 2nd Poly inconclusive
        4-22-16 3rd Poly Passed
        5-26-16 Met Background Investigator
        6-14-16 Met Background Investigator again signed paperwork
        6-30-16 Referred to Scheduling Unit
        7-1-16 Drug Test
        7-6-16 Got the CALL for Academy
        7-15-16 PF2 Passed
        8-1-16 EOD
        8-29-16 Academy until 1-10-17

Comment

• i withdrew my application from cbp 2 months ago due to getting a conditional with another agency. I am now considering of re applying my question is will i start where i left off? i was at the poly stage. i didn't want to take my chances of failing their poly and that possibly affecting my offer with the other agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Figureout18 View Post
            i withdrew my application from cbp 2 months ago due to getting a conditional with another agency. I am now considering of re applying my question is will i start where i left off? i was at the poly stage. i didn't want to take my chances of failing their poly and that possibly affecting my offer with the other agency.

It should all transfer. Did you pass the other agency ?

Comment

It should all transfer. Did you pass the other agency ?

I'm waiting on that I had 2 inconclusive polygraphs more like a section I passed the lifestyle questions. At the end was told I had not finished the entire test mind you I was there for 6 hours. I'll take my chances with Cbp i spent so much money traveling for appointments for that agency seems like it was a waste of money. Haven't received anything official yet.

Comment

I'm waiting on that I had 2 inconclusive polygraphs more like a section I passed the lifestyle questions. At the end was told I had not finished the entire test mind you I was there for 6 hours. I'll take my chances with Cbp i spent so much money traveling for appointments for that agency seems like it was a waste of money. Haven't received anything official yet.
                That's funny. I'm waiting to be scheduled for my fourth poly for cbp.

Comment

• Total Compensation

Trying to get an realistic idea of the total compensation that is typical of most officers at the San Ysidro port. I'm in the process and am done with everything but the drug test, poly and my backgroound is in the security office, whatever that means.

Anyways, I'm a police officer and am close to six figures with OT and other incentive pay.

On paper, base pay looks like I'd be taking an enormous pay cut, but I'm really not sure if that's the case since CBP gets 2X OT, Sunday Pay, and other incentives.

Can a current officer let me know of my math is close? I'm former BOP and have permanent, non-competitive service. I think this means I'll be reinstated at the grade/step that I left the Feds in (GS-07-Step 4).

I used $45K as the OT because I heard it was increased to this at San Ysidro and that most officers hit this by either their own accord, or being mandated.

Any insight would be appreciated.

CBPO Total Salary
                  GS 7-04: $53,856/$25.81/Hr - $51.62= OT
                  OT $45K = 871.75 hrs = 16.76Wk
                  Total Base w/OT= $98,856 + Sunday Pay, Holidays= $7,500 = $106,356

GS 9- $55,193/$26.40/Hr - $52.80= OT
                  OT $45K = 872.27 hrs = 16.39/Wk
                  Total Base w/OT= $100,193 + Sunday Pay, Holidays= $8,500 = $108,693

GS 11- $64,624/$30.97/Hr- $61.94 = OT
                  OT $45K = 726.5 hrs = 13.97/Wk
                  Total Base w/OT= $109,624+ Sunday Pay, Holidays= $10,000 = $119,624

GS 12- $77,459/$37.11/Hr - $74.22= OT
                  OT $45K = 606.30 hrs = 11.65/Wk
                  Total Base w/OT= $122,459 + Sunday Pay, Holidays= $11,500 = $133,959

Comment

That's funny. I'm waiting to be scheduled for my fourth poly for cbp.

I'd take it again but apparently they only give you 2 shots some only got one. Who knows I'm not too happy about having to go play in the sandbox but I guess I'll have to deal with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                      Trying to get an realistic idea of the total compensation that is typical of most officers at the San Ysidro port. I'm in the process and am done with everything but the drug test, poly and my backgroound is in the security office, whatever that means.

Anyways, I'm a police officer and am close to six figures with OT and other incentive pay.

On paper, base pay looks like I'd be taking an enormous pay cut, but I'm really not sure if that's the case since CBP gets 2X OT, Sunday Pay, and other incentives.

Can a current officer let me know of my math is close? I'm former BOP and have permanent, non-competitive service. I think this means I'll be reinstated at the grade/step that I left the Feds in (GS-07-Step 4).

I used $45K as the OT because I heard it was increased to this at San Ysidro and that most officers hit this by either their own accord, or being mandated.

Any insight would be appreciated.

CBPO Total Salary
                      GS 7-04: $53,856/$25.81/Hr - $51.62= OT
                      OT $45K = 871.75 hrs = 16.76Wk
                      Total Base w/OT= $98,856 + Sunday Pay, Holidays= $7,500 = $106,356

GS 9- $55,193/$26.40/Hr - $52.80= OT
                      OT $45K = 872.27 hrs = 16.39/Wk
                      Total Base w/OT= $100,193 + Sunday Pay, Holidays= $8,500 = $108,693

GS 11- $64,624/$30.97/Hr- $61.94 = OT
                      OT $45K = 726.5 hrs = 13.97/Wk
                      Total Base w/OT= $109,624+ Sunday Pay, Holidays= $10,000 = $119,624

GS 12- $77,459/$37.11/Hr - $74.22= OT
                      OT $45K = 606.30 hrs = 11.65/Wk
                      Total Base w/OT= $122,459 + Sunday Pay, Holidays= $11,500 = $133,959
                      That first year total may be significantly lower than you imagine. You'll have four months of academy time with no nights/weekends/holidays or OT.

Comment

i withdrew my application from cbp 2 months ago due to getting a conditional with another agency. I am now considering of re applying my question is will i start where i left off? i was at the poly stage. i didn't want to take my chances of failing their poly and that possibly affecting my offer with the other agency.
                        Yes you will start off where you left off if your scores are still valid and haven't expired there only good for a certain time period but I'm not sure how long.

Comment

• CBP officer

Also consider that the premium pay (Sunday, holidays, and shift differential) are included in that $45k or rather, deducted from it. So your numbers may be off. You'll also want to note that the month pre academy, academy, and a portion of post-academy will be without OT or premium pay (you'll get holiday pay but won't be working them for the most part). However after that first year, my initial statement will apply.

P.S. Not EVERYONE gets the waiver. It would be foolish to base any type of lifestyle decisions on OT at all. It isn't guaranteed and could be reduced or not given at all. Unlikely, extremely unlikely, but still possible.

Last edited by juniorspades; 07-19-2016, 04:37 PM.
                          EOD - 08/2014
                          FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                          DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
                            Yes you will start off where you left off if your scores are still valid and haven't expired there only good for a certain time period but I'm not sure how long.

They are from this year. I started in January.

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                              Also consider that the premium pay (Sunday, holidays, and shift differential) are included in that $45k or rather, deducted from it. So your numbers may be off. You'll also want to note that the month pre academy, academy, and a portion of post-academy will be without OT or premium pay (you'll get holiday pay but won't be working them for the most part). However after that first year, my initial statement will apply.

P.S. Not EVERYONE gets the waiver. It would be foolish to base any type of lifestyle decisions on OT at all. It isn't guaranteed and could be reduced or not given at all. Unlikely, extremely unlikely, but still possible.

Thanks RLB & Junior - I'm used to working OT, but would never let my financial situation depend on it-- seen to many officers do this. I was considering lateraling to a local department vs. Feds. It seems that the feds pay quite a bit more over time, whereas the local depts make more initially. I also like the ability to transfer around the nation should I get bored of the San Diego area - which is probably unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                                Thanks RLB & Junior - I'm used to working OT, but would never let my financial situation depend on it-- seen to many officers do this. I was considering lateraling to a local department vs. Feds. It seems that the feds pay quite a bit more over time, whereas the local depts make more initially. I also like the ability to transfer around the nation should I get bored of the San Diego area - which is probably unlikely.
                                If you are looking at potentially moving to a port other than SYS, you probably shouldn't count on all that overtime/cap money following you.

Most ports won't have that sort of fiscal potential available, especially if all that's being considered is overtime availability.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5548 users online. 282 members and 5266 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X