300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
    I also failed it on my first attempt. Your stats are very identical to mine. I would reapply immediately and just practice the step test twice a day.

In my opinion, the best way to prepare is by making your training at home harder than the exam itself. What I did was do the cadence for 4 minutes, and then for the last minute I did it with light dumbells. To me that prepared me for the cadence in a very short time. Good luck, the step test is very challenging for many people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it! I think given another week to prepare I would've definitely passed. I'll keep working hard and reapply to the current announcement.

Comment

• Approaching 2 months in the scheduling Unit. Still no CALL!

Comment

I also failed it on my first attempt. Your stats are very identical to mine. I would reapply immediately and just practice the step test twice a day.

In my opinion, the best way to prepare is by making your training at home harder than the exam itself. What I did was do the cadence for 4 minutes, and then for the last minute I did it with light dumbells. To me that prepared me for the cadence in a very short time. Good luck, the step test is very challenging for many people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
        lol really. Cbp physical test are a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
          lol really. Cbp physical test are a joke.
          Lol. Some people just prefer running over the step test. But no doubt the PFT is far lighter than what other agencies ask for.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
            Approaching 2 months in the scheduling Unit. Still no CALL!

What port?

Comment

Lol. Some people just prefer running over the step test. But no doubt the PFT is far lighter than what other agencies ask for.

I honestly thought I would be fine on the step test and didn't need to practice it at the level I was other things. It is more difficult than I think a lot of people think it is and it trips them up unexpectedly. I'm also not in perfect shape so that is my fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by km2122 View Post
                That darn cadence for pft1 is brutal. I had 18 push-ups, 23 sit-ups, 14 and 13 on side step, and 31 seconds for lift lower. Unfortunately I could only do 3 minutes and 30 seconds of the step test. I guess it's just reapply and be better prepared for the next one
                Buy yourself the same stepping platform, google that border patrol mp3 of the step test and practice for 6 mins. Once you go for the real exam 5 mins will be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley85 View Post
                  Buy yourself the same stepping platform, google that border patrol mp3 of the step test and practice for 6 mins. Once you go for the real exam 5 mins will be easy.
                  Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!

Comment

• From what I seen, OFO physical requirements tend to be low-average in comparison to what other agencies ask for.

Historically, OFO and it's legacy components were far more aggressive in targeting older hires. While events of the last few years have mostly shut down the majority of the hiring of older hires, things like the PFT haven't been altered to reflect current hiring dynamics.

Plus, OFO has always been far more female dependant in hiring than most agencies and it's physical requirements reflect that. Border Patrol is roughly 5 % female. California Highway Patrol is roughly 7 % female. OFO is more than 18% female.

Things like OFO's physical standards reflect the more eclectic and diverse workforce profile that OFO has when compared to many other agencies.
                    Last edited by merlin436; 07-14-2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Merlin or someone else

Can you give me an idea of how vacation time works with CBP?

I have no idea about vacation and sick time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                        Merlin or someone else

Can you give me an idea of how vacation time works with CBP?

I have no idea about vacation and sick time.
                        Between day one and until a person's third year of employment, he'll earn 4 hours of annual leave each pay period. Roughly 104 hours per year.

Between the third year and year 15, that number jumps to six hours per pay period. Roughly 156 hours each year.

After 15 years that number jumps to eight hours per pay period. 208 hours of annual leave per year.

All of that accrue if you let it until a person carries the normal maximum of 240 hours of annual leave on the books. There are some exceptions to that, but that would be the norm.

Sick leave collects at four hours each pay period regardless of time on the job.

Sick leave you can use pretty much any time there's a legitimate sickness, Dr. appt., etc.,

How you can use annual leave will likely be determined by local port policy. Most ports I've seen have a bid process based on seniority that covers much leave during the year. Ad hoc leave requested during the bid cycle is also handled by individual port policies.

Comment

• Thank you Sir

Comment

• Just got an email to schedule my polygraph

16-5 for San Ysidro.

Comment

Just got an email to schedule my polygraph

16-5 for San Ysidro.

Good luck. Just keep calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Thank you. I will never working on this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11110 users online. 381 members and 10729 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X