300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
    15-5 for San Ysidro just got the CALL today I'm scheduled to report Aug 1 and academy scheduled for Aug 29 to Jan 10. Just waiting for the email with PF2 date and offer of employment. They moved quick with me these last 2 weeks.
    How long were you in the scheduling unit before you received the Call?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
      How long were you in the scheduling unit before you received the Call?
      I was in the scheduling unit since last Friday, so about 4 business days in the scheduling unit and received the call today.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
        I was in the scheduling unit since last Friday, so about 4 business days in the scheduling unit and received the call today.
        congrats! thats pretty quick!

Comment

• Hello, I took my polygraph for the CBPO position on June 09, 2016 and my polygraph examiner sent me this e-mail. I was told if you passed they tell you on the spot and if you failed it goes to adjudication, is this correct?

This is my second polygraph exam as I was previously found unsuitable due to admitting smoking marijuana while in high school some 10 yrs ago (I made a mistake and left this info off of the SF-86 form accidentally and admitted it during polygraph examination because I thought it only requested drug use for 7 yrs), and being married to woman with dual citizenship (UK-USA). I guess these things concerned them the most as was stated on the FOIA request I got back. Anyway the initial poly which took place in December of 2015 was declared inconclusive and I was found unsuitable but given the opportunity to reapply anytime. I reapplied a couple weeks later and did not have to retake the PF1, VBT, or Interview, basically I was given a polygraph date which was June 09, 2016.

My second question:
          I had a similar situation occur when i took the second poly where somehow I left a step son off of the document and told her his name and DOB during the polygraph. Is that considered a lie thus disqualifying me? it was an honest mistake just like the marijuana admission during the first poly that was not included on that SF-86. Below is the most recent info I received from my polygraph examiner.

Good Morning

There is an Adjudicative Process in place to review the data collected from the examination and they will determine the next step. The process can take between 1-4 months so your patience is greatly appreciated. Your file is no longer with the polygraph division and I cannot give you an exact timeline as to when you will be notified. If you have not received any correspondence from CBP within the aforementioned period, below is the contact information for the Minneapolis Hiring Center (MHC), you can give them a call or send them an inquiry regarding your status. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO1348 View Post
            Hello, I took my polygraph for the CBPO position on June 09, 2016 and my polygraph examiner sent me this e-mail. I was told if you passed they tell you on the spot and if you failed it goes to adjudication, is this correct?

This is my second polygraph exam as I was previously found unsuitable due to admitting smoking marijuana while in high school some 10 yrs ago (I made a mistake and left this info off of the SF-86 form accidentally and admitted it during polygraph examination because I thought it only requested drug use for 7 yrs), and being married to woman with dual citizenship (UK-USA). I guess these things concerned them the most as was stated on the FOIA request I got back. Anyway the initial poly which took place in December of 2015 was declared inconclusive and I was found unsuitable but given the opportunity to reapply anytime. I reapplied a couple weeks later and did not have to retake the PF1, VBT, or Interview, basically I was given a polygraph date which was June 09, 2016.

My second question:
            I had a similar situation occur when i took the second poly where somehow I left a step son off of the document and told her his name and DOB during the polygraph. Is that considered a lie thus disqualifying me? it was an honest mistake just like the marijuana admission during the first poly that was not included on that SF-86. Below is the most recent info I received from my polygraph examiner.

Good Morning

There is an Adjudicative Process in place to review the data collected from the examination and they will determine the next step. The process can take between 1-4 months so your patience is greatly appreciated. Your file is no longer with the polygraph division and I cannot give you an exact timeline as to when you will be notified. If you have not received any correspondence from CBP within the aforementioned period, below is the contact information for the Minneapolis Hiring Center (MHC), you can give them a call or send them an inquiry regarding your status. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sounds like you passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
              Only MHC knows the openings. All we know is that ports with high needs of officers are the only ones hiring. What port did you apply? It can change on any announcement, I think it's going to be a while.
              I assumed that...but was hoping officers at their respective ports might have heard something. I'm not sure if I am in ND or CHI...i applied to both at roughly the same time so I am not 100% on which announcement I got selected for.

Thank you for the reply and congrats on finishing the process

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                I assumed that...but was hoping officers at their respective ports might have heard something. I'm not sure if I am in ND or CHI...i applied to both at roughly the same time so I am not 100% on which announcement I got selected for.

Thank you for the reply and congrats on finishing the process
                Are you a new hire? If yes you can only have only one application at a time. It would be the most recent one. Did you receive a applicant Id for any of those ports? Officers always hear that ports are short staff and that they need officers but it's up to Washington to send new officers to ports.

Comment

• Any tips before I go into my medical exam and pft1?

Comment

• Originally posted by km2122 View Post
                    Any tips before I go into my medical exam and pft1?
                    Practice the step test, everything else is a joke.

Comment

• Any tips on passing the 2nd PT. 220 run and then 1.5 mile run.. im really nervous. Im afraid that I may run out of steam doing a sprint right before a distance run.
                      Last edited by Focused1; 07-09-2016, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Get out there and run every day if you're not that comfortable. You can practice it exactly how it's going to be done.
                        You're going to do the sprint.. roughly 5 minutes later, you're doing the long run.

My suggestion, sprint about 30 yards further during your practice runs.

Your adrenaline will kick in during this whole process and you will be fine. But if you are in fact that worried about it, then there is absolutely nothing you can do other than get your butt out there an run every day. Get your push ups and sit ups in between breaks.

Ex, do your 250 sprint, hammer out 30 push ups, or at least 20 if you can. Breathe, walk, run a 1.75 miles. Don't worry about the times at this moment in time. Just do the runs. And keep doing the runs. If you're not out there every day working on this in some form or fashion, then it's on you.

You got this, I promise. If you put in the work, you will be absolutely fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamrocks999 View Post
                          Get out there and run every day if you're not that comfortable. You can practice it exactly how it's going to be done.
                          You're going to do the sprint.. roughly 5 minutes later, you're doing the long run.

My suggestion, sprint about 30 yards further during your practice runs.

Your adrenaline will kick in during this whole process and you will be fine. But if you are in fact that worried about it, then there is absolutely nothing you can do other than get your butt out there an run every day. Get your push ups and sit ups in between breaks.

Ex, do your 250 sprint, hammer out 30 push ups, or at least 20 if you can. Breathe, walk, run a 1.75 miles. Don't worry about the times at this moment in time. Just do the runs. And keep doing the runs. If you're not out there every day working on this in some form or fashion, then it's on you.

You got this, I promise. If you put in the work, you will be absolutely fine.

This.
                          If you are horrible at running, the only way to get better is to run.
                          I recommend to anyone a Couch to 5k app if you don't run at all or are out of shape.

Comment

• did my poly n passed 2 weeks ago anyone knowhow long from here the process can take and im 16-5 for laredo

Comment

• Originally posted by alaniz19 View Post
                              did my poly n passed 2 weeks ago anyone knowhow long from here the process can take and im 16-5 for laredo
                              Congrats! After my poly it took me about 30 days to clear the rest of the process. Are you from Laredo? Hope to see you there.

Comment

• its been exactly two weeks and the lady said i passed my poly but was semding it to quality control so im waiting for the final ok qith my poly but hows everytbing in laredo they hiring fast cuz they need people or is it slow

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6911 users online. 280 members and 6631 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X