Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know if you have to wait 6 months or a year to retake the written exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
      Anyone know if you have to wait 6 months or a year to retake the written exam?
      You have to wait a year.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by MSUgirL View Post
        Misread what intentions? I'm there to take a test for CBP Officer, how would wearing a uniform misinterpet what I'm there for?

I was told anyways that where I take the test is where the test will be graded...it will never even reach the port I put in for...so whats it matter anyways...
        Why...the potential for the idea that you're wearing your uniform to unduly positively influence the outcome. As I understand it, you're going to be on MSU's time, not CBP time. If you're not on CBP's clock, you probably shouldn't be in uniform. If you shouldn't be wearing the uniform, you really think that the likelihood of that being perceived in a positive light is great? I'm not saying that it'll necessarily kill you off, but why take a chance?

As far as it never making it's way back to your new port...I don't know. CBP is a very small family in many ways. I've done things in Boston that have followed me back to ND. The idea that something might follow you isn't all that far-fetched, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
          but we can also keep in mind that 6 months after FLET we can be 9
          With OPM eliminating the former time in grade requirements, it's now possible for someone to be fast tracked to an 11 in months.

Likely to happen, probably not. Possible though.

Comment

• What Federal law enforcement jobs fall under the GL- paygrade?

Comment

• Originally posted by ENSNIPE507 View Post
              What Federal law enforcement jobs fall under the GL- paygrade?

Most of them probably have the potential.

I'm unware of any 'list' of GL jobs. The GL scale only goes to GL-10, so many of the "better" jobs end up being GS-scale anyways.

Comment

• can someone PM me a phone number (or contact info) for the Medical department.

thanks guys..
                mike

Comment

• Hey guys is this normal for the BI?

So I just met my BI last week and during that time he asked for 3 more references, including a person that knows me fore around 7 years. With that, brings up to 5 people that knows me for more than 7 years that I gave him as a reference. Now, I don't really keep in touch with that many people for more than 7 years and I am only 22 years old. Today he asks for another person that knows me for 7 years and 2 more people that knows me for the past year or so. So far I have given him around 13 references and many of them are after he interviewed me and I thought he was suppose to interview everyone before he interviews me because it will give me a chance to explain any negative things said about me. So how am I suppose to explain any negative things said about me if he had already interviewed me before he interviews my references?

Also, how am I suppose to come up with another person that knows me for more than 7 years if I have lost contact with many of my old friends ever since I went to college? Do you think it would be fine if I can't come up with another 7 year+ reference?
                  Last edited by s0lid snake; 11-17-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• thanks for the PM's guys...

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                      So how am I suppose to explain any negative things said about me if he had already interviewed me before he interviews my references?
                      The adjudicator will give you that opportunity, either through a phone call or a NOPA. What really should be happening is that your references shouldn't be giving your BI any surprises because he already knows what to expect.

Also, how am I suppose to come up with another person that knows me for more than 7 years if I have lost contact with many of my old friends ever since I went to college? Do you think it would be fine if I can't come up with another 7 year+ reference?
                      I was in the same exact situation as you, and I think during my interview I just straight up told him "I only know so many people that I've kept up with for a long time." He understood and told me to find people who at least know me the best. I have a small group of friends that I have kept in contact since the beginning of highschool and consistently saw through out college. That being said, due to some being unavailable, I was able to provide him with people that didn't know me for a long long time, but at least knew me well enough to be used as a reference.

IIRC, SF-86 only asks you for two or three names for people that know you 'really well' and beyond that, my BI didn't really push the whole "every reference must know you for a long long time" because as soon as I told him that would prove to be difficult, he said "no biggie."
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• FLETC start dates?

Just had my 3 month post op lasik done on saturday, and everything shows completed in CASS. I'm getting married Jan 3rd, and wanted to know if anyone has heard of hirings over Christmas/New Years?

Comment

• March 08 tester here, I just received a TO for the Buffalo Field Office!!

Comment

• Originally posted by triplejump View Post
                            Just had my 3 month post op lasik done on saturday, and everything shows completed in CASS. I'm getting married Jan 3rd, and wanted to know if anyone has heard of hirings over Christmas/New Years?
                            I start Fletc December 19th through April 9th. I would get ready for an offer!!!
                            I completed everything 2 weeks ago. They called me the following week.
                            Last edited by cajuncuban; 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• OMG...Merlin I will be on CBP time...I work for CBP right now....I will be on the clock while taking the VBT and I will have a GOV'T vehicle to drive to take the test...so whats the point of changing while I'm on the clock....

No response needed...

Comment

• Originally posted by MSUgirL View Post
                                OMG...Merlin I will be on CBP time...I work for CBP right now....I will be on the clock while taking the VBT and I will have a GOV'T vehicle to drive to take the test...so whats the point of changing while I'm on the clock....

No response needed...
                                Didn't you ask for his opinion? So you just wanted him to reaffirm your own beliefs? I don't get it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6328 users online. 240 members and 6088 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X