300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
    Im going to call MHC tomorrow to see what's going on.
    As long as you didn't receive a phone call or letter saying it will be a year wait they are processng you. You just have to wait for your name to reach the topp of the call out list.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
      Well Robert... I actually work in secondary at Jfk and not at the door making sure I stamped the Dec which is probably as close as you get to working secondary. If we procees 50,000 people in a week, 1% of that is 500 people. We don't arrest, seize(drugs, money, merchandise), collect duty, ER, from 500 people if we procees 50,000. So, that would mean 99% are allowed to enter the country which would be considered law abiding.. I'm not saying our job isn't important. I was just pointing out the vast differences at working different Poe.
      I agree.

99% of traffic is functionally legit...pretty much in every port. I guess a person could argue particulars and play with the definitions of what constitutes a meaningful violation or the nature of a 'traveler"...but no matter how it's presented it's still going to be a rather small percentage of meaningful violations and violators.
      Last edited by merlin436; 06-29-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Miami is a huge port. Large enough to pretty much ignore the normal course of business and do much of what they want to.

I'd be very surprised if Miami goes the next 2 plus years without a single street hire.

Have said that, they agency has stated that they will be hiring future hires based on port needs, current employee movement, and training/ learning opportunities available at a port.

Places like Miami should still be options for new hires...but I wouldn't be surprised if the chances to direct hire into smsller places like Pittsburgh, Hartford and San Jose more or less dry up.

Comment

• Just checked CASS and everything has been checked off except for my drug test which I have scheduled for tomorrow.

Comment

• Just got an email that I've been put on the Training scheduling unit list for academy. Damn it's been a good day today

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
              Just got an email that I've been put on the Training scheduling unit list for academy. Damn it's been a good day today
              Congrats, which port?

Comment

• I called MHC to no avail.

Comment

Just got an email that I've been put on the Training scheduling unit list for academy. Damn it's been a good day today
                  Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
                      Congrats, which port?
                      15-5 for San Ysidro

Comment

15-5 for San Ysidro
                        Thats where I'm going. I have all checked except I have to do the SI again this month. Should have PFT2 and sent to the port by August.

Comment

• Anyone know if ports will be opening up soon other than what's been on there?

Comment

• There is no way of knowing. All we know is that the commissioner stated that southwest ports and especific northern border ports will be the hiring priority. I would recommend to apply for one now. Then reaply if something better opens up. As long as you are ok with it. I know everyone circumstances are different.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten the CALL?

Comment

• I haven't even gotten a call to schedule my poly yet.

I am 16-5

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6557 users online. 284 members and 6273 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X