Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more announcement for Mia the hiring plans for physical year 17 and 18 are ports in need. Those ports are SWB and northern border ports. The best way to get MIA now is from a trade or national reassignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
      No more announcement for Mia the hiring plans for physical year 17 and 18 are ports in need. Those ports are SWB and northern border ports. The best way to get MIA now is from a trade or national reassignment.
      I just cleared my background w miami , do u think they r going to stop picking up people then for miami bc they need t ok fill the swb and nwb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Milou View Post
        I just cleared my background w miami , do u think they r going to stop picking up people then for miami bc they need t ok fill the swb and nwb?
        are you from 15-1?
        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• No, I think it's going to be a long time waiting for the call. Unless you are a female or a vet.

Comment

• Just received a call to go in for a Drug test within 48hrs. Does that mean my background is done?

Comment

• Just took my computer test. Starting the process!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
              CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
              9/20/2018 Written Exam
              10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
              10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
              10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
              10/24/2018 Medical Exam
              11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
              11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
              11/13/2018 SI
              11/14/2018 Passed SI
              11/26/2018 PFT
              11/28/2018 Passed PFT
              3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
              4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• I just got the calls to schedule the pft1 and health screening! What kind of time frame do they give you to get it scheduled? I'm trying to plan ahead with my current job.

Comment

• Im 16-1 applicant that got called on Monday for Miami and I was told it was going to take a year for the call. I was in the scheduling unit since November 2015. So, nobody truly knows what the hiring center will do or why they select who they select. Yeah is there a swb hiring push most definetly and that is where ther majority of the ports hiring are located.But to say those are the only ports that will hire is for 2 fiscal years is untrue and you can't possibly know that. Unless the Commissioner says it himself, keep the faith. I know officer's at Mia that applied and waited between 6 months to 3.5 years to get the call. If you want more"action" or a Leo type of job go to the border for sure. Airport is more administrative compliance and customer service oriented. 99% of the passengers you interact with at the airport are law abiding individuals. Plus, apply for local law enforcement or to other fed agencies (usss ud, capitol police, FBI police, park police) and wait for Cbp to call if that's your dream agency. Oh and I'm a male and non vet...

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
                    Im 16-1 applicant that got called on Monday for Miami and I was told it was going to take a year for the call. I was in the scheduling unit since November 2015. So, nobody truly knows what the hiring center will do or why they select who they select. Yeah is there a swb hiring push most definetly and that is where ther majority of the ports hiring are located.But to say those are the only ports that will hire is for 2 fiscal years is untrue and you can't possibly know that. Unless the Commissioner says it himself, keep the faith. I know officer's at Mia that applied and waited between 6 months to 3.5 years to get the call. If you want more"action" or a Leo type of job go to the border for sure. Airport is more administrative compliance and customer service oriented. 99% of the passengers you interact with at the airport are law abiding individuals. Plus, apply for local law enforcement or to other fed agencies (usss ud, capitol police, FBI police, park police) and wait for Cbp to call if that's your dream agency. Oh and I'm a male and non vet...
                    Wow , i actually applied in miam when u were placed in scheduling, nov 2015, I am a female tho, dont know if that would really make a difference or expedite the process, specially in miami? So they called u to tell u that u will have to wait for another year? Do u have a number i could call to check on the status? Tx

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                      are you from 15-1?
                      No 16_1 i applied in nov 2015 , r u in miami too? I am a female.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
                        No, I think it's going to be a long time waiting for the call. Unless you are a female or a vet.
                        I am a female , do u think females are hired faster in Miami?

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
                          Im 16-1 applicant that got called on Monday for Miami and I was told it was going to take a year for the call. I was in the scheduling unit since November 2015. So, nobody truly knows what the hiring center will do or why they select who they select. Yeah is there a swb hiring push most definetly and that is where ther majority of the ports hiring are located.But to say those are the only ports that will hire is for 2 fiscal years is untrue and you can't possibly know that. Unless the Commissioner says it himself, keep the faith. I know officer's at Mia that applied and waited between 6 months to 3.5 years to get the call. If you want more"action" or a Leo type of job go to the border for sure. Airport is more administrative compliance and customer service oriented. 99% of the passengers you interact with at the airport are law abiding individuals. Plus, apply for local law enforcement or to other fed agencies (usss ud, capitol police, FBI police, park police) and wait for Cbp to call if that's your dream agency. Oh and I'm a male and non vet...

Dont know if its straight ignorance on your end or its someone giving you misleading information but for you to mAke a statement saying that 99% of the travelers at an airport are law abiding it totally WRONG!!!!..me being an officer at JFK know for a fact that that 99% of the travelers are NOT law abiding. If thats that case we wouldnt have removals of travelers back to their country, travelers with warrants being detained, Smugglers being arrested daily, money seizures on a daily basis etc....so please, gatther your facts beofore you post your imbecilic comments on here...

Comment

• Im going to call MHC tomorrow to see what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
                              I was confused too and looked at my timeline because I couldn't remember.

Application- 7/23/2014
                              Written exam - 9/24/2015
                              NOR: 10/31/2014
                              TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                              SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                              Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                              PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                              VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                              Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                              NOPA- 5/4/2015
                              Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                              Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                              Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                              BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                              Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                              Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                              Pft2 10/22/15
                              EOD: 10/26/15
                              FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

I was sent to scheduling (9/24) and the following week (10/7) got a call with an EOD date (10/26) and a PFT2 date of 10/22.

I remember if I should wait on quitting my job just in case I didn't pass the pft2.
                              how is it going in boston? how was the academy? hows the job going?
                              With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert_212 View Post
                                Dont know if its straight ignorance on your end or its someone giving you misleading information but for you to mAke a statement saying that 99% of the travelers at an airport are law abiding it totally WRONG!!!!..me being an officer at JFK know for a fact that that 99% of the travelers are NOT law abiding. If thats that case we wouldnt have removals of travelers back to their country, travelers with warrants being detained, Smugglers being arrested daily, money seizures on a daily basis etc....so please, gatther your facts beofore you post your imbecilic comments on here...
                                Well Robert... I actually work in secondary at Jfk and not at the door making sure I stamped the Dec which is probably as close as you get to working secondary. If we procees 50,000 people in a week, 1% of that is 500 people. We don't arrest, seize(drugs, money, merchandise), collect duty, ER, from 500 people if we procees 50,000. So, that would mean 99% are allowed to enter the country which would be considered law abiding.. I'm not saying our job isn't important. I was just pointing out the vast differences at working different Poe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12720 users online. 481 members and 12239 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X