Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by km2122 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first post!
    I applied and got a 95 on the written exam. Shortly after I received my tsl. I'm filling out the E-QIP right now. I haven't received any phone calls scheduling anything as of yet. While filling out my E-QIP I'm stuck at the past criminal history questions. I made a mistake when I was younger at age 17 and I'm hoping it doesn't effect my chances. Anyways, my question is this: my forms are due today and I tried my best to get ahold of the juvenile court archivist to get the exact info from my past but I haven't gotten a call or email back. I'm fairly certain I know the info but I'm a little fuzzy on some of the exact details. I emailed my case manager yesterday after no luck of getting the info. I haven't received an email back from him yet. Should I send the E-QIP in with the info that may or may not be entirely accurate? Or I read that as long as I emailed or called my case manager before the deadline that they would extend my deadline to turn it in?
    You can email back the investigator for an extension
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• I was thinking about selling everything and starting from zero!

Another question what's the best station in rio grand , loraido, Tucson , Yuma , Del rio , Big Ben , alps0 ?
      Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
      The amount of time depends on the port you applied to. If it was a southwest border port it will be quick no more than a month. Any airport could take a while I seen people wait 1 + years to get the call.

You don't need anything in the academy. If you have a car I would suggest you drive there.

Comment

• It depends on what you call the best station? Overtime, action, work schedule, chances on moving up, quality of life outside of work, closest biggest city.

I would suggest a big port. There's always more OT. More chances to move up.

What are you looking for and where do you currently live?

On the selling everything there's many who move with the bare minimum. It's common to move with the bare minimum.
        Last edited by Borderbingo; 06-27-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• I want to be part of borstar And i live in Miami i want action i wouldn't like to be stuck in a place all day not doing anything or doing the same all day! I'm young and I really don't want to be in a place where theirs all old people
          It depends on what you call the best station? Overtime, action, work schedule, chances on moving up, quality of life outside of work, closest biggest city.

I would suggest a big port. There's always more OT. More chances to move up.

What are you looking for and where do you currently live?

On the selling everything there's many who move with the bare minimum. It's common to move with the bare minimum.

Comment

• If you want action and want to be borstar. i would not recommend CBP for you. I think you are better applying for border patrol. CBP has SRT. Which is similar to bortac. But the type of action is different CBP is more customer oriented. It's more about interviewing people not chasing them.

Comment

• I'm done with the process for border patrol agent! 😬 just waiting on the call they told me to look the places up.... I was thinking rio grand or Tucson
              If you want action and want to be borstar. i would not recommend CBP for you. I think you are better applying for border patrol. CBP has SRT. Which is similar to bortac. But the type of action is different CBP is more customer oriented. It's more about interviewing people not chasing them.

Comment

• Is there a site where I can read on what the OT system is like? Or can someone here who knows it describe it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Still waiting for the CALL.... I hope it's soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                    Is there a site where I can read on what the OT system is like? Or can someone here who knows it describe it?

Double base pay overtime for anything worked over eight hours each day or forty hours each week, for people on a standard eight hour shift.

A 35K yearly cap for the vast majority. That cap also includes other premium pay such as shift differentials and holiday pay. The average CBPO makes somewhere around 9.7K in overtime during a given year. Capping out isn't much of a concern for many.

That's it in a nutshell.

There are a few different additional benefits that kick in during specific conditions surrounding an OT assignment, like callback and commute pay. For most people in most ports those specifics won't make much of a significant change in benefits overall.

Comment

• Nice, thanks merlin. I didn't know it also doubled when you worked a shift over 8 hours.

Comment

• Does CBP offer some sort of reimbursement for public transportation? For example, my current agency offers a travel card if using public transportation to work.

-Is parking paid for at JFK? If not, how much is it?

Also, is CBP Special Response Team still exist? Can't find anything on their site about tactical teams for OFO..

Comment

• In Arizona they get the most action

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                            Nice, thanks merlin. I didn't know it also doubled when you worked a shift over 8 hours.

Anything beyond a scheduled eight hour shift is 2X overtime, either before of after the shift.

Now. for those people who elect to put themselves into an alternative work schedule like ten hour days, the rules change to anything work performed outside of those particular schedules.

As far as I know the 80 hour pay period is a hard limit. I know of no alternative work schedules that allow for greater than an 80 hour pay period and any time spent working outside of a 80 hour pay period is compensated with double time overtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by airam View Post
                              I want to be part of borstar And i live in Miami i want action i wouldn't like to be stuck in a place all day not doing anything or doing the same all day! I'm young and I really don't want to be in a place where theirs all old people
                              There is***

Perhaps you should work on your grammar as well.

Comment

• Does anyone knows when there might be another announcement for Miami Airport?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10868 users online. 477 members and 10391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X