300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
    as long as the money is flowing i do not mind protecting the nation and making 6 figures working 16 hours a day.
    Same here 16 hour shifts sound good to me. I'm putting in more hours than that right now with both my jobs combined.

Comment

• I have a question for everybody. If you for some reason pull out of the process does what you have done erase or does it last for a year. Basically I've had some circumstances come into my life and I may need to pull out. I've passed the medical and fitness and I just wouldn't wanna start all over with that stuff and my exam if I were to pull out of the process now thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Most CBPOs, especially those paid as GS-12's, would run afoul of a hard 35K premium pay cap working a steady diet of much overtime, especially if they're also working Sunday/holiday/midnight/evening differential shifts.

That doesn't mean that some GS-05's and GS-07's might not get slammed with some god-awful scheduling in some of the busier, OT-driven ports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
          I have a question for everybody. If you for some reason pull out of the process does what you have done erase or does it last for a year. Basically I've had some circumstances come into my life and I may need to pull out. I've passed the medical and fitness and I just wouldn't wanna start all over with that stuff and my exam if I were to pull out of the process now thanks.

I know that your testing results are saved for your Written exam and PF1 for a certain amount of time, then they expire and you would have to retake them. I'm not sure how long the scores are good for MHC would probably be able to answer that. But as far as your VBT/SI and Poly not sure if your results are saved because it's scored on a pass or fail I believe.

Not sure what you have going on but just some advice your pretty far in the process everything after VBT/SI is spread out by months of waiting in between. I wouldn't stop it.
          Last edited by jimmybca1; 06-22-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Appreciate the response jimmy im going to have to contact mhc to know for sure whether the results for the written exam will last the pf 1 I don't care about re taking. For me the exam was difficult so retaking that wouldn't be fun for me. Unfortunately I've just been offered a job that I applied to some time ago and the pay scale is going to initially be much larger then Cbp would be for the first few years. So my thoughts are just to re apply by the end of the expired time for the exam and come back. This has been my dream for some time it's just due to financial situations and really rough timing I unfortunately just have to put it on hold. Thanks for the info it was very helpful.

Comment

• So far 23 days in the scheduling unit.

Comment

• Hello guys! I wanted to clarify a few misconceptions I have read in the last free post;

1) all hiring starting in 2016and from there on will be for the southwest border and specifics northern border ports.

2) you only work multiple 16 in a row if you don't do overtime.

3) if you want out of the border you will have to wait your time.

Hope this help, any questions pleas let me know.

And for those of you applying to TX I recommend Laredo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderbingo View Post
                  Hello guys! I wanted to clarify a few misconceptions I have read in the last free post;

1) all hiring starting in 2016and from there on will be for the southwest border and specifics northern border ports.

Thanks for the info I was really looking forward to 16's with OT. Is it easy to pick up OT in southwest ports?
                  Last edited by jimmybca1; 06-22-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Hello guys! I wanted to clarify a few misconceptions I have read in the last free post;

What do you think about getting three inconclusive polygraphs ? Ever heard of such a thing ?

Comment

• It depends on the port the bigger it is the easier it is. Also on staffing. But yes it is.

Comment

• Yes it's normal just keep going

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
                          Thanks for the info I was really looking forward to 16's with OT. Is it easy to pick up OT in southwest ports?
                          The only ways I can foresee working a 16 hour shift without overtime would be if someone voluntarily accepted a alternative work schedule that included 16 hour shifts. Outside of that the only possible way would be to work an 1600-0000 shift on the first day and a 0000-0800 on the second. That would create a 16 hour shift that actually spans two working days...therefore not a technical 16 hour shift as such. A shift scheduling such as that would also violate Title 5, section 6101 law...so it's a shift that someone would probably have to work to swap into and create specifically for themselves.

Beyond those specific circumstances, any 16 hour shift should create overtime.

For people working a standard 8 hour shift, they are subject to both an eight hour day and a 40 hour week limitation. Anything over an eight hour day or a 40 hour week incurs overtime. For those on an AWS schedule, they are subject to the particulars of that schedule. Any work outside those scheduled hours would be overtime. Any work beyond 80 hours in a two week pay period would be overtime.

Southern border ports typically have more than an average share of overtime. Overtime is very much port specific though, and is often location and shift specific as well. A wise rule of thumb is to never count on the availability of overtime. It's often fickle and finicky. Trusting it to be available leads many into problems when it not there when it's needed it most.

Comment

What GS level does one have to be to transfer to another port? Any idea on how a Sea Port compares to a Border Port? I'm currently applying for San Ysidro, I was told by an Officer there that you have two 12 hour shifts and three 8 hour shifts each week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• There's multiple ways of transferring: Grade for a grade of you find an office with the same grade, laterals they req a specific grade based on the announce, and national reassignment which is based on seniority.

Never worked a seaport.

Each ports has different schedules.
                              Last edited by Borderbingo; 06-22-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                                So far 23 days in the scheduling unit.
                                What port?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4063 users online. 194 members and 3869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X