Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all was just looking for some advice with filling out my equip. So I've been told to be as honest as possible and so far Iam with filling out the equip. I received a ticket seven years ago for minor marijuana possession and it's been cleared since but I still put it down just so it doesn't look bad that I didn't. My question is this. On the form they ask when the last date month and year was since you last used. For me it was about five years ago but I really don't have a good guess. Is it bad to just estimate. I just don't know exactly what to do. Is estimating just my best guess. And do you think this will be a major disqualifying factor. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
      Hello all was just looking for some advice with filling out my equip. So I've been told to be as honest as possible and so far Iam with filling out the equip. I received a ticket seven years ago for minor marijuana possession and it's been cleared since but I still put it down just so it doesn't look bad that I didn't. My question is this. On the form they ask when the last date month and year was since you last used. For me it was about five years ago but I really don't have a good guess. Is it bad to just estimate. I just don't know exactly what to do. Is estimating just my best guess. And do you think this will be a major disqualifying factor. Thanks

Tell the truth
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Do you have to complete your whole background again, or did ot carried over from the previous application.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
          Do you have to complete your whole background again, or did ot carried over from the previous application.
          It carried over.

Comment

• Mine was completed on July 2014 and the position was offered in September 14. I am still under the three years so it should carried over too. I have been in the security office for approximately 3 month and I haven't heard anything. I have green checks for everything besides the drug test and BI.

Comment

• Took the drug test today...

Comment

• Anyone had to complete a Medical Self-Certification (MSC) form? Got an email yesterday to complete one.

Comment

• any 15-2 still in the process/waiting for completion?

Comment

• As z said, just tell the truth.

And when you don't know the exact date, give an estimate as close to what you remember. Always always always be honest. And then just explain when it comes up during the process. I am sure there are people already in that have done much worse. Don't sweat it. Honesty is what's going to get you in, not hiding anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamrocks999 View Post
                      As z said, just tell the truth.

And when you don't know the exact date, give an estimate as close to what you remember. Always always always be honest. And then just explain when it comes up during the process. I am sure there are people already in that have done much worse. Don't sweat it. Honesty is what's going to get you in, not hiding anything.
                      Thanks for the response man. I just got done fill out the sf 86 and I was as honest as possible. But once again thanks for the advice and help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                        Anyone had to complete a Medical Self-Certification (MSC) form? Got an email yesterday to complete one.
                        Yea Taz, thats the last thing I did and then I was done. After thats all good, youll be on the wait list

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreen View Post
                          Yea Taz, thats the last thing I did and then I was done. After thats all good, youll be on the wait list
                          How long have you been in the waiting list?

Comment

• Originally posted by CO1348 View Post
                            I just got scheduled for my polygraph June 09, 2016. Anyone know if you can be found unsuitable for the same thing twice (Double Jeopardy)? Previously I was found unsuitable for admitted drug use that occurred 10 yrs prior to the poly. My polygraph also came back inconclusive. I was told to reapply anytime and was recently scheduled for my polygraph in JFK.
                            If something made you unsuitable before, it isn't just waived or forgotten just because youre doing the process again.

It will depend on the drug. I am assuming it isn't MJ since you didn't say that, but either way if you are out of the time restriction for that drug based on CBP guidelines, you are good. If you aren't then it's a no go.

Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
                            Hello all was just looking for some advice with filling out my equip. So I've been told to be as honest as possible and so far Iam with filling out the equip. I received a ticket seven years ago for minor marijuana possession and it's been cleared since but I still put it down just so it doesn't look bad that I didn't. My question is this. On the form they ask when the last date month and year was since you last used. For me it was about five years ago but I really don't have a good guess. Is it bad to just estimate. I just don't know exactly what to do. Is estimating just my best guess. And do you think this will be a major disqualifying factor. Thanks

I put estimates for dates on my SF86 back when I was applying. When did I move in and out of a place? Who knows. Month and Year, guess the month. If it requires a day, just put the 1st for move in/out or job start/quit.

And as far as the MJ ticket, why are you even asking that? It says fairly clearly that you are to list EVERYTHING even if you were not charged, not convicted, charges dropped, never went to court, did community service to remove, etc. So put it. You're going to have to come clean about it at some point. Either you list it and they don't care, you don't list it and it causes you to trip up on the poly trying to cover it up and you don't get hired, or you don't get hired because of it.
                            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                              If something made you unsuitable before, it isn't just waived or forgotten just because youre doing the process again.

It will depend on the drug. I am assuming it isn't MJ since you didn't say that, but either way if you are out of the time restriction for that drug based on CBP guidelines, you are good. If you aren't then it's a no go.

I put estimates for dates on my SF86 back when I was applying. When did I move in and out of a place? Who knows. Month and Year, guess the month. If it requires a day, just put the 1st for move in/out or job start/quit.

And as far as the MJ ticket, why are you even asking that? It says fairly clearly that you are to list EVERYTHING even if you were not charged, not convicted, charges dropped, never went to court, did community service to remove, etc. So put it. You're going to have to come clean about it at some point. Either you list it and they don't care, you don't list it and it causes you to trip up on the poly trying to cover it up and you don't get hired, or you don't get hired because of it.
                              Thanks for the response I basically just estimated some dates for the use of mij and also put down the ticket I received didn't really wanna risk anything as stupid as not putting it down. Hoping it doesn't really have a major factor on determining my eligibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                                How long have you been in the waiting list?
                                November 2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3857 users online. 193 members and 3664 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X