Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
    Took the polygraph. It was an absolute horrible experience. Much worse then I expected. I was told I didn't pass. I was told that it would be up to Quality Control. The polygrapher kept telling me that I needed to admit something and it would be better for the adjuncter (never heard of this term before) to allow me to test again but I didn't have have thing to admit.

    It was just a horrible experience. I felt horrible after taking the exam. They make you feel like such a bad and evil person.
    Did they offer you a retest?
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by alext View Post
      What is this email everyone is talking about? I'm 16-1vwaiting for poly results for a week now but have not received anything. I have not gotten an email either.
      You don't get results . It's ither they continue the background or you will get an inclusive email
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

      Comment


      • First post, been stalking for awhile.

        So I know this is probably a stretch but are there any current officers or candidates in here stationed in Lukeville AZ? I've been referred to Scheduling for my EOD. I can't for the life of me find any info on what this port except that it doesn't seem like a desirable place to work. It seems to be a dot on the map that no one knows about except that CBP is hiring officers to station there. Im trying to find out the all the essentials to prepare for a major change coming from the east coast. Where should I stay for EOD, Do I need to bring a vehicle and also can I elect to drive to FLETC for academy? Where are other officers living? I'm trying to get ahead of this because I know once I get the call things will happen very quickly. Any info or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks, and good luck to all others in the process.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
          Did they offer you a retest?
          They said it would be up to QC.

          It was my first time taking one and I honestly didn't know what to except. My hand kept going numb because of some of the equipment they use (the equipment they use is visible on CBP's website in the video on the Polygraph). My hand kept turning bright red and blue/purple in spots because of the "pressure." It kept making me real nervous.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
            Took the polygraph. It was an absolute horrible experience. Much worse then I expected. I was told I didn't pass. I was told that it would be up to Quality Control. The polygrapher kept telling me that I needed to admit something and it would be better for the adjuncter (never heard of this term before) to allow me to test again but I didn't have have thing to admit.

            It was just a horrible experience. I felt horrible after taking the exam. They make you feel like such a bad and evil person.
            Welcome to the club. Although my two CBP polys were not horrible, my USSS was pretty depressing.

            And yes, the pressure cuff sucks
            Last edited by thaiboxing87; 04-26-2016, 08:29 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
              You don't get results . It's ither they continue the background or you will get an inclusive email
              Is there a timetable for that or is it just a matter of sit and wait?
              What's the next step in the background check?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by alext View Post
                Is there a timetable for that or is it just a matter of sit and wait?
                What's the next step in the background check?
                2 days after the poly I was contacted by the BI. It could be different now..
                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                  Took the polygraph. It was an absolute horrible experience. Much worse then I expected. I was told I didn't pass. I was told that it would be up to Quality Control. The polygrapher kept telling me that I needed to admit something and it would be better for the adjuncter (never heard of this term before) to allow me to test again but I didn't have have thing to admit.

                  It was just a horrible experience. I felt horrible after taking the exam. They make you feel like such a bad and evil person.
                  Pretty much my experience. What you described is their SOP (if your google-fu is strong you can find their manual online). Do yourself a favor and contact the IA sooner than later. Don't wait for them to contact you or else you'll get a letter in the mail a year later saying you failed and have to wait 3 years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by invertedPanda View Post
                    Pretty much my experience. What you described is their SOP (if your google-fu is strong you can find their manual online). Do yourself a favor and contact the IA sooner than later. Don't wait for them to contact you or else you'll get a letter in the mail a year later saying you failed and have to wait 3 years.
                    Did they tell you pass/fail when you took yours? And did you take a second one and what was the outcome?

                    I could never be a Polygraph examiner. I could never treat someone the way they treat people.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pn3455 View Post
                      First post, been stalking for awhile.

                      So I know this is probably a stretch but are there any current officers or candidates in here stationed in Lukeville AZ? I've been referred to Scheduling for my EOD. I can't for the life of me find any info on what this port except that it doesn't seem like a desirable place to work. It seems to be a dot on the map that no one knows about except that CBP is hiring officers to station there. Im trying to find out the all the essentials to prepare for a major change coming from the east coast. Where should I stay for EOD, Do I need to bring a vehicle and also can I elect to drive to FLETC for academy? Where are other officers living? I'm trying to get ahead of this because I know once I get the call things will happen very quickly. Any info or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks, and good luck to all others in the process.
                      Bump for same question

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                        Did they tell you pass/fail when you took yours? And did you take a second one and what was the outcome?

                        I could never be a Polygraph examiner. I could never treat someone the way they treat people.
                        I wasn't told if I passed or fail. My polygraph went on for 2 hours. I was told it was up to QC. Then I got the call 2 days later from a BI. Met with them and also met with my references and neighbors.
                        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                          I wasn't told if I passed or fail. My polygraph went on for 2 hours. I was told it was up to QC. Then I got the call 2 days later from a BI. Met with them and also met with my references and neighbors.
                          Okay, thanks. Mine was about 6 hours.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                            Okay, thanks. Mine was about 6 hours.
                            I'm sorry that's absolutely awful; six hours is absurd

                            Comment


                            • Anyone that received the email that stated that you failed the polygraph and are being removed from the process, is there any chance that you can post the email or what it exactly says in the email?

                              I am trying to decide if it is better for me to just withdraw from the process (I was told by the examiner that I failed) or wait to recieve the email that I am being removed from the process. I was wondering if it looks better for when i apply for future positions if I say that I withdrew from the process. In the email does it state that you were denied a security clearance?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                                Anyone that received the email that stated that you failed the polygraph and are being removed from the process, is there any chance that you can post the email or what it exactly says in the email?

                                I am trying to decide if it is better for me to just withdraw from the process (I was told by the examiner that I failed) or wait to recieve the email that I am being removed from the process. I was wondering if it looks better for when i apply for future positions if I say that I withdrew from the process. In the email does it state that you were denied a security clearance?
                                Regardless if you withdraw from the process or not if you failed you can't past that. Just wait most likely they will offer you to take it over.
                                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9426 users online. 485 members and 8941 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X