300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
    Do any of you guys have relatives in another country? That seems to be my only problem in my BI. This is starting to worry me, but man I can't help it if I have some relatives oversea. I don't have any contacts with them except when I went on vacations there. Is anyone else having problem like this with their BI?
    My wife's entire family lives overseas. All my BI asked me for was all their contact info and it wasn't a big deal. Just have everything ready for your BI when he/she gets there and it will make it a lot easier. I had it all typed out for him on a spreadsheet. Not a big deal, trust me.
    GEO Pref: MIA
    Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
    TO: 9/08
    Pre-employment Forms: Completed
    Medical: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    VBT: Completed 12/4
    BI: Completed
    Qualifications: Completed
    TSU: 12/4
    EOD: 2/17
    FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Yeah that's prety much what I'm gona do this weekend, is get all might paper work straight for the BI next week. Damm, is it normal to get everything done in about 2 1/2 months? This process seems like it's going awfully fast!

Comment

• As far as BI's are concerned, would it be safe to say that by the time youve already met with your investigator and he/she has done all the legwork (interviewing references, credit, etc.), plus your prints and all that were submitted via sf-86 that you are still eligible for the job? What i mean is, maybe you'll get a NOPA but nothing has been deemed "automatically disqualifying"?

Comment

• I start the Academy December 19. Class 919. I will be working in the beautiful city of Detroit at the land bridge. But before I leave I am reporting to where I will be working for two weeks. Does anyone know what I will be doing?? They want me to wear business casual.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            As far as BI's are concerned, would it be safe to say that by the time youve already met with your investigator and he/she has done all the legwork (interviewing references, credit, etc.), plus your prints and all that were submitted via sf-86 that you are still eligible for the job? What i mean is, maybe you'll get a NOPA but nothing has been deemed "automatically disqualifying"?
            Probably not.

It's probably safe to say that it's quite possible to meet with your BI, all the while having something in your file that's a 'game-ender'. BI's do not adjudicate, they simply gather in the facts and send their report onwards. A BI holding something that'll kill you off would most likely do his thing, collect his check, and pass it up the line, all the while knowing that you're to be toasted soon after.

Comment

As far as BI's are concerned, would it be safe to say that by the time youve already met with your investigator and he/she has done all the legwork (interviewing references, credit, etc.), plus your prints and all that were submitted via sf-86 that you are still eligible for the job? What i mean is, maybe you'll get a NOPA but nothing has been deemed "automatically disqualifying"?
              If you're meeting with the BI all that can be said, safely, is you passed all of the automated checks. That means your criminal record and credit check came back with no concerns. There will still be checks done locally in your neighborhood, work place, and with the local police, but the automated stuff is clear enough.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• EE626619
                EE626619 commented
                Editing a comment
                can you explain this?

• Originally posted by cajuncuban View Post
              I start the Academy December 19. Class 919. I will be working in the beautiful city of Detroit at the land bridge. But before I leave I am reporting to where I will be working for two weeks. Does anyone know what I will be doing?? They want me to wear business casual.
              Beautiful city???
              You must of had a rough life...

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Just took my VBT. I'll have to agree with everyone else's sentiments that it truly is a different kind of animal, and threw me a curveball. I still feel that I did solid enough to pass. In anycase, I wasn't able to ask the CBPO Sup that was administering the VBT. He was a nice guy though. Anyways, here's to the home stretch! Good luck to everyone else and their applications!
                +1

I left wondering, did I say enough?
                Last edited by Barbrady; 11-15-2008, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Probably not.

It's probably safe to say that it's quite possible to meet with your BI, all the while having something in your file that's a 'game-ender'. BI's do not adjudicate, they simply gather in the facts and send their report onwards. A BI holding something that'll kill you off would most likely do his thing, collect his check, and pass it up the line, all the while knowing that you're to be toasted soon after.
                  The process is so screwy, i swear. People getting nopa's after just filling out the online app, some getting kicked out before meeting a BI, some going through everything then getting the boot, and on and on. Nothing like standardization across the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajuncuban View Post
                    I start the Academy December 19. Class 919. I will be working in the beautiful city of Detroit at the land bridge. But before I leave I am reporting to where I will be working for two weeks. Does anyone know what I will be doing?? They want me to wear business casual.
                    You'll be signing paperwork, "shadowing" fellow officers, doing alot of computer based training that is supposed to get you ready for FLETC but if you ask me, it's just busy work.

Comment

The process is so screwy, i swear. People getting nopa's after just filling out the online app, some getting kicked out before meeting a BI, some going through everything then getting the boot, and on and on. Nothing like standardization across the board.
                      Because if someone puts in their online app that they used drugs while applying, there's no reason for them to continue... The SF-86 gets screened at different levels. Its standardized, everyone goes through the same process, just some get red flagged because of their answers.

Comment

• Congrats! I am in class 916. You do tons of paper work, and computer training. Gets pretty boring.

Originally posted by cajuncuban View Post

Comment

• <~~~Flying to Miami to take the test on Dec 2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                            wow.. just called the hot line out of the blue and it states my Security as COMPLETED.. my medical is still pending, VBT pending, Qualifications pending.. i just took the drug test at 7am today.. what do you guys think??
                            well i just got a letter in the mail stating i'm qualified as a GS-5... it doesn't show on the CASS or over the phone as completed .. the letter is dated 11/13/08..

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                              well i just got a letter in the mail stating i'm qualified as a GS-5... it doesn't show on the CASS or over the phone as completed .. the letter is dated 11/13/08..
                              I would not worry to much about that, cause you have something in writing which is more important I think. How did you manage to get your security completed before your medical and prety much everything else? Or did I read that wrong

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11151 users online. 424 members and 10727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X