300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
    How long after taking the poly did you get the email saying that you're unsuitable ?
    Lol, he never took it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleophus View Post
      If you are found non suitable, does that bar your from ever getting hired with CBP? Or any federal Leo for that matter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

No it doesn't, I was found unsuitable and reapplied a few weeks later. I had an inconclusive poly and admitted to drug use 10 yrs ago. I guess I'm waiting on another poly, my case is currently in the security office. They also let you keep your previous assessments if they were done within 6 months. But it may vary from candidate to candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleophus View Post
        If you are found non suitable, does that bar your from ever getting hired with CBP? Or any federal Leo for that matter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Perhaps. It all depends on the particulars.

Some issues will never not be issues. Some issues pretty much will dry up and blow away after the passage of time and effort to clean them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP Process View Post
          Congrats! I am in the same boat. I am 15-5, PT2 is May 6th, EOD May 13th but my academy is June 16th. I am already in San Diego though.

Test 9/19
          NOR 10/18
          e-Qip submitted 10/26
          PT1 11/9
          Med 11/9
          VBT & Interview 12/4
          Poly 12/5
          Contact w/BI 12/15
          Background cleared 3/14
          Drug Test 3/22
          Referred to Scheduling unit 3/23
          Got the call! 3/30
          PT2 5/6
          EOD 5/16
          Acadamy 6/16

Congrats! I was referred to scheduling 3/21 and still waiting for JFK. Hoping the call comes soon. (16-1 reapply)
          CBPO 14-2 Applicant
          Application- 7/23/2014
          Written exam - 9/24/2015
          NOR: 10/31/2014
          TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
          SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
          Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
          PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
          VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
          Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
          NOPA- 5/4/2015
          Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
          Met with BI - 5/30/2015
          Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
          BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
          Drug Test - 9/24/2015
          Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
          EOD: 10/26/15
          FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP Process View Post
            Congrats! I am in the same boat. I am 15-5, PT2 is May 6th, EOD May 13th but my academy is June 16th. I am already in San Diego though.

Test 9/19
            NOR 10/18
            e-Qip submitted 10/26
            PT1 11/9
            Med 11/9
            VBT & Interview 12/4
            Poly 12/5
            Contact w/BI 12/15
            Background cleared 3/14
            Drug Test 3/22
            Referred to Scheduling unit 3/23
            Got the call! 3/30
            PT2 5/6
            EOD 5/16
            Acadamy 6/16
            Congrats! I'll be seeing you there! Let's knock out that PFT2.

Comment

• Background has been sent to OPR....

Comment

• Hello,

I completed all of my steps besides the drug test (16-3). I was offered this position approximately 2 years ago but was not able to take it due to a good job opportunity . Do you think I will have to repeat my BI and Polygraph or would they transfer. I was told my EQIP record was sent to the Office of Professional Responsibility(I was provided with this information 3 weeks ago). I am guessing they accepted my Bi from the previous application and is waiting to be adjudicated. I am a little confused about the information I am getting from MHC. If someone is going thought a similar situation, please comment and help me to understand how the transferring process works. Also, on CASS my background is on the security Office and Drug test is pending. I have green checks on all of the other steps.

Thanks

Comment

• Same

Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
                  Hello,

I completed all of my steps besides the drug test (16-3). I was offered this position approximately 2 years ago but was not able to take it due to a good job opportunity . Do you think I will have to repeat my BI and Polygraph or would they transfer. I was told my EQIP record was sent to the Office of Professional Responsibility(I was provided with this information 3 weeks ago). I am guessing they accepted my Bi from the previous application and is waiting to be adjudicated. I am a little confused about the information I am getting from MHC. If someone is going thought a similar situation, please comment and help me to understand how the transferring process works. Also, on CASS my background is on the security Office and Drug test is pending. I have green checks on all of the other steps.

Thanks
                  Same situation here, except I was offered with Border Patrol two years ago. I spoke with MHC and they were no help. They said depending on policies, some may be used. However, they didn't know how long the background or poly, drug test, etc. were good for. My CASS shows that my medical from my previous selection is under review. I have checks for grade and my paperwork being submitted. Everything else is pending.

If anyone has actually gone through this and been hired, please let us know. I doubt that anyone would know unless they've actually completed the process in similar circumstance since MHC really doesn't have a good answer.

Comment

• I received an email this past Wednesday from the BI asking me to reply to the email with my full name, email and phone number to schedule my poly. I replied right away, but I still haven't got a reply back from then. It's been almost a week. Does it usually take this long for them to reply and schedule the poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by starhawk07 View Post
                      I received an email this past Wednesday from the BI asking me to reply to the email with my full name, email and phone number to schedule my poly. I replied right away, but I still haven't got a reply back from then. It's been almost a week. Does it usually take this long for them to reply and schedule the poly?
                      When did your eqip get sent to the security office?

Comment

• Thanks! Good luck to you!

Comment

• Hahaha thanks! Yep that is the plan!

Comment

• When's the next announcement?

I applied, they had me take the test, and then got an email that I was ineligible, I spoke with them a week ago, and they told me my test grade was an 85 and that I'm more then qualified, just my resume isn't written the way they want.
                            currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• There's a new announcement on the first day of each month.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Comment

• CBP officer

FYI I got this email from PCS

As of March 29, 2016, the Minneapolis Hiring Center has been unable to receive faxed documents. Until the issue with the fax system has been resolved, the Medical/Fitness Scheduling and Medical Review Units will only be able to accept documents via e-mail or mail.

If you submitted information relating to your CBP tentative offer of employment by fax on or after March 29, 2016, and did not receive an acknowledgement, you will need to re-send the information. Additionally, going forward, all documentation requested by the Medical/Fitness Scheduling and Medical Review Units must be submitted via e-mail or mail. Information sent via fax will not be received. When providing information, please be sure to include your full name and Applicant ID number.
                                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8693 users online. 286 members and 8407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X