Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone know if Port Huron, Detroit or Buffalo will be opening up soon?

    Comment


    • Hello all, I'm on the SU and will be transfering to SYS from the NJ/NY area.

      My question is: For the 30 says pre-academy do you think would be better for me to drive from NJ to CA and then to the academy in GA? Is a four day drive doing 10 hours a day and this doesnt bother me. But, do I realistically need a car for pre academy?

      I don't know where to stay for those 30 days and know nothing about transportation from hotel/share to the port of entry.

      Is there parking for us at the POE?

      Any ideas and help will be much appreciated.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shamrocks999 View Post
        Anyone know if Port Huron, Detroit or Buffalo will be opening up soon?
        I know Detroit has sent a couple to the academy within the last few months but not a lot. Detroit's next big Splurge of hiring won't happen until they get closer to starting and finishing the next International Bridge which is supposed to be done 2020. I heard an upwards of an additional 200 officers.

        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        CBPo 15-2, Detroit

        4-29-15 Applied
        6-13-15 Exam
        6-30-15 TSL
        7-16-15 Med/PFT1
        7-22-15 NOR
        7-23-15 VBT/SI
        8-28-15 Submitt BI
        9-9-15 Med review received
        9-15-15 Med review submitted
        10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kleophus View Post
          I know Detroit has sent a couple to the academy within the last few months but not a lot. Detroit's next big Splurge of hiring won't happen until they get closer to starting and finishing the next International Bridge which is supposed to be done 2020. I heard an upwards of an additional 200 officers.

          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

          Thank you.

          Comment


          • For the polygraph, do they call you or email you to schedule? Do they also just assign you a date and time (like the structured interview) or do they ask you when you can take it?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
              For the polygraph, do they call you or email you to schedule? Do they also just assign you a date and time (like the structured interview) or do they ask you when you can take it?
              Most of the time you get a call. If not then would be an email followed by a call.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                For the polygraph, do they call you or email you to schedule? Do they also just assign you a date and time (like the structured interview) or do they ask you when you can take it?
                For my Poly they emailed me about two weeks in advance and made me pick from 5 available days.

                Comment


                • For the poly, just be ready to take a ride. I believe they're able to select any area within a 8 hour driving distance. Mine was about 7 hours and 45 minutes.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                    Hello all, I'm on the SU and will be transfering to SYS from the NJ/NY area.

                    My question is: For the 30 says pre-academy do you think would be better for me to drive from NJ to CA and then to the academy in GA? Is a four day drive doing 10 hours a day and this doesnt bother me. But, do I realistically need a car for pre academy?

                    I don't know where to stay for those 30 days and know nothing about transportation from hotel/share to the port of entry.

                    Is there parking for us at the POE?

                    Any ideas and help will be much appreciated.
                    Any idea when you're going? I'll be there in May.

                    Anyway, I think it'd be good for you to have your car for pre-academy, especially since you'll be living in the San Diego area once you graduate. I don't know what hotels are nearby as I'll be staying with family who live in the city. Obviously I'll be taking my own vehicle (i'm coming from TX) just so I can have a reliable transportation method to get around after work hours and on weekends, if I want to go buy food, have a little down time and get out of the house, etc. I'm not sure about the public transportation, but my uncle did recommend having a car.

                    There will be parking for us when we get to the port of entry, I forgot where it's located (I already received reporting instructions for my original EOD) but there is designated parking. Consider how much you want to spend on housing and distance, or maybe if you can find another classmate and split the cost of a room. Before I was staying with family I looked at AirBnB because it's cheaper and if you are in someone's home you have access to a full kitchen, thereby saving $$ on food too.

                    Hope that helps! PM me if you'd like to chat.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                      Did you meet with your bi
                      yes, my background is cleared. Im just sad because my current job is not paying very well and I really want a stable job that pays a decent wage.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by eddroutsas View Post
                        Any idea when you're going? I'll be there in May.

                        Anyway, I think it'd be good for you to have your car for pre-academy, especially since you'll be living in the San Diego area once you graduate. I don't know what hotels are nearby as I'll be staying with family who live in the city. Obviously I'll be taking my own vehicle (i'm coming from TX) just so I can have a reliable transportation method to get around after work hours and on weekends, if I want to go buy food, have a little down time and get out of the house, etc. I'm not sure about the public transportation, but my uncle did recommend having a car.

                        .
                        Thanks for the advice, please turn on your PMs

                        Comment


                        • Grade Qualified

                          I received my TSL for GS-07 with CBP although I qualified for both the GS-07 and GS-09. I thought common practice was to give the higher grade? I may need to reapply for only the GS-09. I also received a TSL with BPA for the GS-09, so no idea why CBP wouldn't just match the grade. Anyone have experience with this? I'm willing to wait and get the GS-09 with CBP, and it is the preference over BPA due to the region I'd be assigned (San Ysidro) over Laredo, TX. Any insight is appreciated!

                          Comment


                          • Just looking for a word of advice... Took my polygraph in Detroit on 4/11. Admitted to drug use (3 times) and stole something twice when I was a kid. I also put this on my e-QIP. During the test I got uncomfortable in the chair and couldn't help but fidget a couple times, so I was pulled off the chair and grilled about concealing information about drug use and/or a major crime. He also said i was doing something to throw off the computer. Lol I was completely honest with the guy and he tried his hardest to get me to admit to something, but there was nothing more to tell him. He said I didn't fail or pass and may possibly have to come in for another test, or MHC would contact me and just cut me loose. Anyone have this happen?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NoMich91 View Post
                              Just looking for a word of advice... Took my polygraph in Detroit on 4/11. Admitted to drug use (3 times) and stole something twice when I was a kid. I also put this on my e-QIP. During the test I got uncomfortable in the chair and couldn't help but fidget a couple times, so I was pulled off the chair and grilled about concealing information about drug use and/or a major crime. He also said i was doing something to throw off the computer. Lol I was completely honest with the guy and he tried his hardest to get me to admit to something, but there was nothing more to tell him. He said I didn't fail or pass and may possibly have to come in for another test, or MHC would contact me and just cut me loose. Anyone have this happen?
                              I'll pm you shortly.

                              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              CBPo 15-2, Detroit

                              4-29-15 Applied
                              6-13-15 Exam
                              6-30-15 TSL
                              7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                              7-22-15 NOR
                              7-23-15 VBT/SI
                              8-28-15 Submitt BI
                              9-9-15 Med review received
                              9-15-15 Med review submitted
                              10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NoMich91 View Post
                                Just looking for a word of advice... Took my polygraph in Detroit on 4/11. Admitted to drug use (3 times) and stole something twice when I was a kid. I also put this on my e-QIP. During the test I got uncomfortable in the chair and couldn't help but fidget a couple times, so I was pulled off the chair and grilled about concealing information about drug use and/or a major crime. He also said i was doing something to throw off the computer. Lol I was completely honest with the guy and he tried his hardest to get me to admit to something, but there was nothing more to tell him. He said I didn't fail or pass and may possibly have to come in for another test, or MHC would contact me and just cut me loose. Anyone have this happen?
                                Turn on your pm please.

                                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                                CBPo 15-2, Detroit

                                4-29-15 Applied
                                6-13-15 Exam
                                6-30-15 TSL
                                7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                                7-22-15 NOR
                                7-23-15 VBT/SI
                                8-28-15 Submitt BI
                                9-9-15 Med review received
                                9-15-15 Med review submitted
                                10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11119 users online. 429 members and 10690 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X