300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
    From the time lines I've seen the ones by the Mexican Border move at a faster pace. Zfinest is right though, Merlin would be able to provide a better answer since he's more ahead in the process than most of us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    In regards to time line, it doesn't matter what location you apply for until you get to the SU. It's dependent on where you live and where you process out of. Southern California applicants are getting hired in as little as 3-4 months now.

Comment

• Is anyone else having a problem with the Cass website?

Comment

• Was found ineligible after structured interview two weeks ago.... Guess I'm out. Good luck to everyone else

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by James Jones View Post
          Was found ineligible after structured interview two weeks ago.... Guess I'm out. Good luck to everyone else
          Did they tell you that you failed at the interview?
          Last edited by zFinest; 04-05-2016, 12:48 PM.
          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
            From the time lines I've seen the ones by the Mexican Border move at a faster pace. Zfinest is right though, Merlin would be able to provide a better answer since he's more ahead in the process than most of us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            FWIW, I'm no applicant. I have been employed as a CBPO since day one back in the day where all the legacy positions were merged into the 1895 CBPO job title.
            Last edited by merlin436; 04-05-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              FWIW, I'm no applicant. I have been employed as a CBPO since day one back in the day where all the legacy positions were merged into the 1895 CBPO job title.
              Haha, I see. Well your input is always appreciated regardless. It's helped out a lot.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Comment

• No email
                Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                Did they tell you that you failed at the interview?

Comment

• Gl-11

Anyone else see the new vacancy announcement hiring CBP Officers at the GL-11? Wondering how many people actually get picked up at this grade level? I applied for the GL-07 and GL-09 and qualified at both grades. However, per the "grade requirements", I also qualify for the GL-11. I'm reinstatement eligible, so I could potentially enter at this grade.

Has anyone outside of current SA's entered at this grade? I'm qualifying with former BOP permanent, non-competitive status, education and local law enforcement experience.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434462400/
                  Last edited by Nieto2588; 04-05-2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                    Anyone else see the new vacancy announcement hiring CBP Officers at the GL-11? Wondering how many people actually get picked up at this grade level? I applied for the GL-07 and GL-09 and qualified at both grades. However, per the "grade requirements", I also qualify for the GL-11. I'm reinstatement eligible, so I could potentially enter at this grade.

Has anyone outside of current SA's entered at this grade? I'm qualifying with former BOP permanent, non-competitive status, education and local law enforcement experience.

I seriously doubt that anyone who's not a current/former CBPO, Border Patrol, ICE or other customs/immigration officer gets picked off that announcement or gets brought in as a GS-11 hire.

FYI, there is no GL grade for CBPOs. It's standard GS grade for us. Also, there's no GL-11 for anybody. The GL pay scale stops at GL-10 and anyone who promotes beyond that converts back into the GS scale at the GS-11 level.

Comment

• Quals

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      I seriously doubt that anyone who's not a current/former CBPO, Border Patrol, ICE or other customs/immigration officer gets picked off that announcement or gets brought in as a GS-11 hire.

FYI, there is no GL grade for CBPOs. It's standard GS grade for us. Also, there's no GL-11 for anybody. The GL pay scale stops at GL-10 and anyone who promotes beyond that converts back into the GS scale at the GS-11 level.

Yeah, my bad, I meant GS.

The qualification really isn't much. If you have more than a year at any decent sized local law enforcement agency, you should have the experience to qualify.

Here it is:

Qualifications
                      The basic qualification requirements include experience in law enforcement that demonstrates the ability to apprehend, make arrests and exercise sound judgment in the use of firearms; to deal effectively with individuals or persons in a courteous, tactful manner; and to analyze information rapidly and make prompt decisions.

You qualify at the GS-11 level if you meet the basic qualification requirements and possess one (1) year of specialized experience, which includes: independently planning and carrying out law enforcement assignments; interpreting and enforcing federal, state or local law enforcement regulations, law enforcement operations, practices and techniques; applying effective oral and written communication skills in coordinating and communicating law enforcement activities, assignments, projects and actionable items with internal management and peers, external federal, state, local agencies and the public; knowledge and use of interview, observational and non-intrusive techniques to assess risk for involvement in terrorism, criminal activity, or other law violations; and knowledge of related databases and technological equipment, and utilizing sensitive information derived from such sources in order to assess the risk, threat level or violation of law.

Comment

Yeah, my bad, I meant GS.

The qualification really isn't much. If you have more than a year at any decent sized local law enforcement agency, you should have the experience to qualify.

Here it is:

Qualifications
                        The basic qualification requirements include experience in law enforcement that demonstrates the ability to apprehend, make arrests and exercise sound judgment in the use of firearms; to deal effectively with individuals or persons in a courteous, tactful manner; and to analyze information rapidly and make prompt decisions.

You qualify at the GS-11 level if you meet the basic qualification requirements and possess one (1) year of specialized experience, which includes: independently planning and carrying out law enforcement assignments; interpreting and enforcing federal, state or local law enforcement regulations, law enforcement operations, practices and techniques; applying effective oral and written communication skills in coordinating and communicating law enforcement activities, assignments, projects and actionable items with internal management and peers, external federal, state, local agencies and the public; knowledge and use of interview, observational and non-intrusive techniques to assess risk for involvement in terrorism, criminal activity, or other law violations; and knowledge of related databases and technological equipment, and utilizing sensitive information derived from such sources in order to assess the risk, threat level or violation of law.
                        I read the quals. I also looked at the locations offered.

Outside of the possibility of San Ysidro, Calexico, Laredo and maybe one or two other locations, there's really no conceivable need I can see to hire anyone with extensive local or non-immigration/customs federal law enforcement or SA investigational experience into the majority of those ports.

Most of those locations are mid-sized to tiny ports who do little or nothing extensively law enforcement oriented during the course of an average year. Why fill them with targeted outside hires who will have little opportunity to use the additional skills they bring?

Now, if they were hiring people under this announcement to more enforcement capable ports like Miami, JFK, Buffalo Detroit, Blaine, LAX, Nogales, etc., I might be persuaded to believe that they intend to target quality outside hires with prior law enforcement experience for specific roles within those ports.

That they are not doing though.

Comment

• First time I have seen this...

CBP Officer for one location, Honolulu, HI.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434228100/

Comment

I am going to apply for this announcement, I'm currently a Law Enforcement Officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                              I am going to apply for this announcement, I'm currently a Law Enforcement Officer.
                              Yeah, might as well. No idea why they're opening it for the GS-11, but they must be hiring some since they've published the announcement.

Comment

• Hello all,

About 7 months ago I was waiting to take my polygraph with CBP when I received a firm job offer from BOP. I took the officer position with BOP because I did not want to say no to a federal LEO opportunity and figured it would be a good stepping stone at age 25. I recently put in another application with CBP and received a tentative offer for Laredo, Texas and I am hoping that all my old test scores that are under a year can be reused since I did fairly well on all portions.

In the email from CBP it states that my series is 1895 and Grade is listed as 7, now does that mean I would be offered to start at the GS 7 grade? I am currently a GL-5/1 which is about the same as a GS-7/1, however, I understand that pay for CBP easily surpasses BOP after a few years. Thanks for any info and if anyone else went from BOP to CBP I'd love to hear about it.
                                BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7392 users online. 390 members and 7002 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X