300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    My guess...you'll likely wait longer for a TO, and you'll likely wait longer for qualifications to clear.

Once you pass those there shouldn't be a further hangup. Of course, you may be at the bottom of a pile of GS-05 applicants by then...if they cleared any sooner than you.

my cass says qualified at Grade 7,, can I get the call form TSU offering me a G5 ?
    TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
    NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
    QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
    GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
    PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
    MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
    FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
    VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
    DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
    BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
      my cass says qualified at Grade 7,, can I get the call form TSU offering me a G5 ?
      Did you apply as a GS-05/07 or just a GS-07?

Comment

Did you apply as a GS-05/07 or just a GS-07?
        I remember I checked any of the two
        BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
          I remember I checked any of the two
          Well...you qualified as a 7. I suppose that depending on your TO, you might also have qualified as a 5.
          Could you get a call from TSU for a GS-05? Maybe...I doubt it'll happen though, since you've already qualified as a 7.

Comment

Well...you qualified as a 7. I suppose that depending on your TO, you might also have qualified as a 5.
            Could you get a call from TSU for a GS-05? Maybe...I doubt it'll happen though, since you've already qualified as a 7.

ohhh that's great thanks for your opinion!

Comment

• Can anyone explain why when I applied for the CBPO position for Philadelphia in June it was one of the critical needs ports. I took the written in July and when I took the written I scored a 100 with 5 points for Veteran Status. But here it is almost the 15th of November and I haven't received a TO. Does it all depend on when MN sends out the offers or should I contact someone to see if I fell through the cracks?

Comment

• Originally posted by CTRT View Post
                link to view pics

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...photo_gallery/

suspenders are not allowed

BDU style uniforms for cargo jobs, police type uniforms for passenger processing
                Cbpos will have new uniforms? When will that take affect? I didn't see bdus for cargo in the pics?
                "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by CTRT View Post
                  link to view pics

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...photo_gallery/

suspenders are not allowed
                  what? I just saw CBPO K9 wearing suspenders this morning at my VBT. Are you sure?
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by MP115CO View Post
                    Can anyone explain why when I applied for the CBPO position for Philadelphia in June it was one of the critical needs ports. I took the written in July and when I took the written I scored a 100 with 5 points for Veteran Status. But here it is almost the 15th of November and I haven't received a TO. Does it all depend on when MN sends out the offers or should I contact someone to see if I fell through the cracks?
                    I would absolutly call someone. That seems way too long, especially with your scores and vet points. Worst case scenerio they tell you to hang tight and wait. Gook luck!

Comment

• http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/..._factsheet.xml

It might be old news, but heres were the money goes. Give or take some here and there. The fiscal year 2008, which ended on September 30

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                        Cbpos will have new uniforms? When will that take affect? I didn't see bdus for cargo in the pics?
                        OFO is in the middle of rolling of a new OFO branding patch. Other than that, I know of no other major changes to the uniform. If you aren't seeing BDU's in the cargo pics, check out the Katrina pics or the land border pics. There should be pics out there.

SRT trainees, having fun in their BDU's...

Comment

• Originally posted by MP115CO View Post
                          Can anyone explain why when I applied for the CBPO position for Philadelphia in June it was one of the critical needs ports. I took the written in July and when I took the written I scored a 100 with 5 points for Veteran Status. But here it is almost the 15th of November and I haven't received a TO. Does it all depend on when MN sends out the offers or should I contact someone to see if I fell through the cracks?
                          'Critical needs' is usually more about the need to produce applicants, rather than an need to get actual people in the ports.

Why you havn't been called in 4 months...I have no clue. Call them and ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            what? I just saw CBPO K9 wearing suspenders this morning at my VBT. Are you sure?
                            Port policy...probably. Some ports interpret the uniform regs less strictly than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by ENSNIPE507 View Post
                              How much does an entry level GL-5 and GL-7 make once at FLETC. Does your pay change at all once your at your port of choice (besides overtime)? Do you start getting paid immediatly once you enter FLETC or before that? Thanks guys.
                              Do an internet search for federal pay scale. If your looking for the pay chart for CBPO's do NOT use the law enforcement (GL) scale use the GS scale. I would post he numbers but it depends on where you are assigned. Once you are on the clock you are being paid. So you will be paid for your pre-academy training at your port. It is against the law for you employer to require your attendance then not pay you.

As far as your pay at FLETC, you will be there TDY, so your pay will be the same as if you were at your home port.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I feel your pain.

Originally posted by MP115CO View Post
                                I feel the same way. My score isn't as high but, VT was also listed as "Critical Needs," I thought I would have received a T.O. by now. It's discouraging when you see guys that tested after you with lower scores speeding through the process.

-Done venting now...
                                ICE SA
                                FLETC - MAY 10th Class

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8616 users online. 277 members and 8339 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X