Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
    Did you take your polygraph already? Did they tell you if you passed?
    I went in October for my poly, answered some "pre-questions" but never actually took it. Was told it would be rescheduled, then was told everything went to IA in D.C

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    CBPo 15-2, Detroit

    4-29-15 Applied
    6-13-15 Exam
    6-30-15 TSL
    7-16-15 Med/PFT1
    7-22-15 NOR
    7-23-15 VBT/SI
    8-28-15 Submitt BI
    9-9-15 Med review received
    9-15-15 Med review submitted
    10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
      FYI: JFK should be opening up again within the next few months.


      Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
      Awesome thank you...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kleophus View Post
        I went in October for my poly, answered some "pre-questions" but never actually took it. Was told it would be rescheduled, then was told everything went to IA in D.C

        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        So you was never actually was connected to the computer and took your polygraph? From my guessing is that the answers you gave them was different from whats on your e-qip and they had to update them.
        Last edited by zFinest; 04-04-2016, 06:43 PM.
        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
          So you never actually was connected to the computer and took your polygraph? From my guessing is that the answers you gave them was different from whats on your e-qip and they had to update them.
          Sent you a pm

          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          CBPo 15-2, Detroit

          4-29-15 Applied
          6-13-15 Exam
          6-30-15 TSL
          7-16-15 Med/PFT1
          7-22-15 NOR
          7-23-15 VBT/SI
          8-28-15 Submitt BI
          9-9-15 Med review received
          9-15-15 Med review submitted
          10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
            usually it takes a month or so. What port did you apply for?
            16-4 for Calais, ME. Seems like it is listed each month so maybe there is priority hiring for it, to make it go faster?

            Comment


            • Those of you that were found unsuitable and reapplied, did they asked you guys to submit new finger prints card for the background investigation?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                16-4 for Calais, ME. Seems like it is listed each month so maybe there is priority hiring for it, to make it go faster?
                hopefully. Merlin would have more knowledge on those things. maybe he can chip in. For me the process moved fast until i met with the background investigator.

                I did not see anyone get called for JFK for a while so im patiently waiting.
                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                Comment


                • From the time lines I've seen the ones by the Mexican Border move at a faster pace. Zfinest is right though, Merlin would be able to provide a better answer since he's more ahead in the process than most of us.

                  Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Got my exam results: 98

                    Should have used the scratch paper
                    AZ DPS
                    Former Active Duty Army

                    Comment


                    • Took my second Poly today and was found inconclusive again over a question that doesn't even apply to me.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
                        Took my second Poly today and was found inconclusive again over a question that doesn't even apply to me.
                        Where did you take it

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
                          Took my second Poly today and was found inconclusive again over a question that doesn't even apply to me.
                          Sorry to hear. Did they give you the option to take it again?
                          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                            From the time lines I've seen the ones by the Mexican Border move at a faster pace. Zfinest is right though, Merlin would be able to provide a better answer since he's more ahead in the process than most of us.
                            I
                            Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                            All hiring these days looks to be "priority hiring".

                            The agency is putting out announcements for the ports where the agency has holes and where the agency prioritizes hiring to fill those empty openings. If a port isn't a priority, it's not an option on a hiring announcement.

                            I wouldn't count on the hiring process to be speeded up for anyone, anywhere, though.

                            The reason you're likely seeing greater movement into those southern border ports is probably due in large part to the sizes of the ports.

                            San Ysidro is a huge port employing roughly 1000 CBPOs. Laredo, Eagle Pass, Nogales, Calexico...all large ports with hundreds of CBPOs.

                            Large ports usually mean more openings to fill.

                            In contrast, the largest of those northern border ports is Pembina. Pembina staffs somewhere around 100-120 Officers. The rest range from around 80 Officers to 20ish Officers or less.

                            The totality of the working population of all those northern border ports together likely wouldn't fill the working population of just Laredo alone. In all seriousness, there's probably hundreds of southern border hiring potential listed vs maybe several dozen potential northern border hires.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
                              Where did you take it
                              Took in near San Clemente

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                                Sorry to hear. Did they give you the option to take it again?
                                I was told that it was going to get sent to QC and they would decide if I fail or get a retest.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7363 users online. 359 members and 7004 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X