Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Ysidro

Originally posted by Covert0ps View Post
    I currently work at San Ysidro, have been there for almost 3 years now. There is a LOT of work there, but the time goes by very fast. We have a very tight knit crew and that helps a lot with the amount of work load we deal with there. They aren't joking when they say the busiest border crossing in the world. It stays true to that reputation
    I'm in the application process for San Ysidro. If you wouldn't mind, I have a few questions to PM you, too. Your settings are private so it won't go through.

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolls90 View Post
      Hi,
      So on Friday I received a letter from the BI saying that I am once again unsuitable for the position. really sucks as I thought that by re applying I would be fine. At least they told me to re apply. It'll be nice to talk to someone to have a better understanding of this decisions but I guess we can't. Anyways good luck to you, keep me posted!.
      If you don't mind me asking was there anything specific regarding your background that would find you unsuitable.

Comment

• Is there anyone on here was found unsuitable and reapplied and got hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
          Is there anyone on here was found unsuitable and reapplied and got hired?
          It's happened to multiple people in the past.

The passage of time lessens the impact of a lot of questionable incidences. Moving beyond the behaviors that create hangups and establishing a lifestyle that's more inclusive of responsibility and maturity also erases much of the scarring of past indiscretions.

The foolish things that will kill the chances of a person at 21 probably aren't going to be a game breaker at 31...providing that person can show evidence that he's 10 years moved beyond the nonsense of the past and has learned a hard lesson from his previous screwups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
            If you don't mind me asking was there anything specific regarding your background that would find you unsuitable.
            well i mentioned it before, but i'll say it again so that nobody makes the same mistakes I did. I didn't mentioned my drug usage (weed 2 times over 7 years ago 2009) on my sf-86, but when came down to the polygraph I mentioned it. I honestly thought that because it was over 5 years I wouldn't have a problem, but they didn't like the fact that I omitted that info from them.
            Maybe if I would've been honest from the gecko then I would have been fine, but then again, I have a friend that was unsuitable after been 100% truthful about her drug use..
            good luck to all :/

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolls90 View Post
              well i mentioned it before, but i'll say it again so that nobody makes the same mistakes I did. I didn't mentioned my drug usage (weed 2 times over 7 years ago 2009) on my sf-86, but when came down to the polygraph I mentioned it. I honestly thought that because it was over 5 years I wouldn't have a problem, but they didn't like the fact that I omitted that info from them.
              Maybe if I would've been honest from the gecko then I would have been fine, but then again, I have a friend that was unsuitable after been 100% truthful about her drug use..
              good luck to all :/
              Ah I see I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully I can move on from your experience. I have past marijuana usage but have been clean for years now. It was mostly from ages 16-22. I'm 26 now and no longer use or know anyone that uses. I was honest on the original questionnaire saying it's been about 3-7 years since I've used so hopefully that does something for me. Don't give up man apply in the future. Thanks for the info. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
                Ah I see I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully I can move on from your experience. I have past marijuana usage but have been clean for years now. It was mostly from ages 16-22. I'm 26 now and no longer use or know anyone that uses. I was honest on the original questionnaire saying it's been about 3-7 years since I've used so hopefully that does something for me. Don't give up man apply in the future. Thanks for the info. Good luck
                Where was this questionnaire? The eqip only asked if you have used with in 7 years I don't think there was a question asking if you ever used.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
                  Where was this questionnaire? The eqip only asked if you have used with in 7 years I don't think there was a question asking if you ever used.
                  When you applied for the job on the usajobs site, it says have you "EVER" used. If you ever used it you say yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
                    When you applied for the job on the usajobs site, it says have you "EVER" used. If you ever used it you say yes.
                    Oh ok. But on the eqip it's different there is no ever option it's just years

Comment

• Anyone taking their poly this week? Any word on Miami in a freeze?

Comment

Oh ok. But on the eqip it's different there is no ever option it's just years
                        Yes but the BI goes by everything submitted, questionnaire and the eqip. So make sure you answer the questions on everything correctly or that can be a big issue for integrity in the BI eyes.

Comment

Yes just like ninja said when I applied on the questionnaire it asked about usage of marijuana and other narcotics and when the years you lasted used were.

Comment

• Received email stating my BI has been sent to OPR. Next step is Polygraph. I wonder how long it will take to get scheduled?

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                              Received email stating my BI has been sent to OPR. Next step is Polygraph. I wonder how long it will take to get scheduled?
                              usually it takes a month or so. What port did you apply for?
                              With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleophus View Post
                                I've never met with nor been contacted by an investigator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                                Did you take your polygraph already? Did they tell you if you passed?
                                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4867 users online. 238 members and 4629 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X