Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am in abay now...once you get in ever so often there are open laterals for current officers to some closer ports...be patient, as ny ports will open as merlin said ....
    Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
    I've heard those ports Syracuse and Albany are very small so I've pretty much given up hope of ever getting that close to home lol. However if you could answer this for me. If I apply for Highgate and say next month or a few months down the road buffalo or say Massena opens can I reply for one of those ports even though I'm in the process for Highgate. Would I just have to reapply and start the process over. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
      I've heard those ports Syracuse and Albany are very small so I've pretty much given up hope of ever getting that close to home lol. However if you could answer this for me. If I apply for Highgate and say next month or a few months down the road buffalo or say Massena opens can I reply for one of those ports even though I'm in the process for Highgate. Would I just have to reapply and start the process over. Thanks.
      Assuming that you haven't received a tentative offer yet you should be able to reapply to a different location without issue. If you have a tentative offer they'll first pull it and then they will place yo in the pool for the port of your choice.

Massena, Trout River, and Ogdensburg are 45-.60 man ports at best. Realistically Champlain and A-Bay will more likely have openings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gummertime View Post
        i am in abay now...once you get in ever so often there are open laterals for current officers to some closer ports...be patient, as ny ports will open as merlin said ....
        Thanks for the info man it's much appreciated. I've been so patient in waiting almost a year to apply for some northern ny port and have had no luck so I'm gonna go for Highgate.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Assuming that you haven't received a tentative offer yet you should be able to reapply to a different location without issue. If you have a tentative offer they'll first pull it and then they will place yo in the pool for the port of your choice.

Massena, Trout River, and Ogdensburg are 45-.60 man ports at best. Realistically Champlain and A-Bay will more likely have openings.
          That's great info thanks Merlin it's the exact info I've needed wish me luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironlion09 View Post
            Any idea on Laguardia?
            There's no CBP stationed at LaGuardia
            EOD - 08/2014
            FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
            DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by trrl123 View Post
              Just got a call from SU today. My EOD will be May 16, Calais ME. Academy will be from June to October. Will have pft2 on April 19. Anyone can give some info about Calais? Thank you

My time line.
              Test: 8/19/15
              Letter: 9/4/15
              Pft1: 9/11/15
              e-QIP: 9/28/15
              VBT/SI: 10/27/15
              Poly: 3/22/16
              Drug test: 3/31/16
              SU: 3/30/16
              Call from SU/ 4/1/16
              EOD: 5/16/16
              Congrats

Comment

• Ok, thanks. Turn on your PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMich91 View Post
                  I live in the sault, not much to report I don't think. A lot of officers retiring soon, lots of overtime I hear.
                  Ok, thanks. Turn on your PM.

Comment

• Has anyone else had their BI get sent to CBP IA in Washington, D.C? Wondering if this is a common thing, it's been like that since January this year. I've called and email MHC but they say they can't give any information on the status of it.
                    CBPo 15-2, Detroit

4-29-15 Applied
                    6-13-15 Exam
                    6-30-15 TSL
                    7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                    7-22-15 NOR
                    7-23-15 VBT/SI
                    8-28-15 Submitt BI
                    9-9-15 Med review received
                    9-15-15 Med review submitted
                    10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleophus View Post
                      Has anyone else had their BI get sent to CBP IA in Washington, D.C? Wondering if this is a common thing, it's been like that since January this year. I've called and email MHC but they say they can't give any information on the status of it.
                      Thats the last step before getting cleared. The BI sends his findings to IA who makes the ultimate decision, same applies with polygraphs.

Now I think you will only get officially cleared once an opening is available at the location you chose, at least that is my understanding but I could be wrong..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironlion09 View Post
                        Thats the last step before getting cleared. The BI sends his findings to IA who makes the ultimate decision, same applies with polygraphs.

Now I think you will only get officially cleared once an opening is available at the location you chose, at least that is my understanding but I could be wrong..
                        I've never met with nor been contacted by an investigator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                        CBPo 15-2, Detroit

4-29-15 Applied
                        6-13-15 Exam
                        6-30-15 TSL
                        7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                        7-22-15 NOR
                        7-23-15 VBT/SI
                        8-28-15 Submitt BI

Comment

• Hi,
                          So on Friday I received a letter from the BI saying that I am once again unsuitable for the position. really sucks as I thought that by re applying I would be fine. At least they told me to re apply. It'll be nice to talk to someone to have a better understanding of this decisions but I guess we can't. Anyways good luck to you, keep me posted!.

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolls90 View Post
                            Hi,
                            So on Friday I received a letter from the BI saying that I am once again unsuitable for the position. really sucks as I thought that by re applying I would be fine. At least they told me to re apply. It'll be nice to talk to someone to have a better understanding of this decisions but I guess we can't. Anyways good luck to you, keep me posted!.
                            From my understanding, you can request a FOIA from CBP for clarification on their decision.

CBPo 15-2, Detroit

4-29-15 Applied
                            6-13-15 Exam
                            6-30-15 TSL
                            7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                            7-22-15 NOR
                            7-23-15 VBT/SI
                            8-28-15 Submitt BI

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolls90 View Post
                              Hi,
                              Did you get that letter after you met with your BI?
                              With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Anyone here get Detroit recently?

CBPo 15-2, Detroit

4-29-15 Applied
                                6-13-15 Exam
                                6-30-15 TSL
                                7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                                7-22-15 NOR
                                7-23-15 VBT/SI
                                8-28-15 Submitt BI

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11757 users online. 424 members and 11333 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X