Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello all I'm looking for some into on the Highgate springs Poe. I've been waiting since about last May for a Poe to open in ny state and have unfortunately had no luck. Seeing as Highgate isn't to far from where I currently live in the Syracuse area I'm gonna give it a shot and apply. Does anyone have any info on the Highgate port. How big it is? Where to live? Is a commute from Burlington do able. Anything will be helpful thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
      Hello all I'm looking for some into on the Highgate springs Poe. I've been waiting since about last May for a Poe to open in ny state and have unfortunately had no luck. Seeing as Highgate isn't to far from where I currently live in the Syracuse area I'm gonna give it a shot and apply. Does anyone have any info on the Highgate port. How big it is? Where to live? Is a commute from Burlington do able. Anything will be helpful thanks


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Highgate is about 70-80 Officers, plus various support staff. It's about 50 miles straight north of Burlington on I89, so that commute is possible, although it would be easier to live in the greater Colchester, Milton or St. Albans.

      You could also live more towards Rouses Point or another one of the small NY towns and hamlets. It would put you closer to Syracuse.

      Comment


      • Great thanks for the info Merlin appreciate it. Just looking to get my foot in the door there and eventually years down the road get closer to home.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Just got a call from SU today. My EOD will be May 16, Calais ME. Academy will be from June to October. Will have pft2 on April 19. Anyone can give some info about Calais? Thank you

          My time line.
          Test: 8/19/15
          Letter: 9/4/15
          Pft1: 9/11/15
          e-QIP: 9/28/15
          VBT/SI: 10/27/15
          Poly: 3/22/16
          Drug test: 3/31/16
          SU: 3/30/16
          Call from SU/ 4/1/16
          EOD: 5/16/16

          Comment


          • OK so I have been using this site since I applied to CBP back in like 2012 (the second time) and when I got back from Afghanistan I was found unsuitable during the background process. I got an email from MHC asking me to update my sf86 (about a week ago) they sent me new fingerprint cards as well. my question is any other vet who was previously dq'ed have this happen to them as well? Excited to be back in the fight for sure.

            Comment


            • Do you guys know how long are the bi and polygraph valid for. I am getting conflicting information. I thought it was three years for both. Is there anyone on here that was able to reused their poly and bi for a new announcement.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
                Do you guys know how long are the bi and polygraph valid for. I am getting conflicting information. I thought it was three years for both. Is there anyone on here that was able to reused their poly and bi for a new announcement.
                It's indeed valid for 3 years only.

                Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
                  Great thanks for the info Merlin appreciate it. Just looking to get my foot in the door there and eventually years down the road get closer to home.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Well...if you're looking to get something Syracuse way you might be disappointed. Syracuse is small..5-6 Officers. Rochester is tiny as well.

                  That'll pretty much likely leave you with Buffalo (600ish) or A-Bay(100ish) as the most foreseeable options.

                  They are opening a new announcement on the first of every month and sooner or later they'll have to address NY ports...especially the North Country ones. Maybe in the next month, two or three something will open up closer.

                  Comment


                  • I emailed mhc and she stated that I will probably have to retake them because they are almost 2 years old. I don't think her information was right. If i.am under the three years I should get cleared, right?. I am just ready to get the job,lol. I am hoping I get the call for the June Academy.

                    Comment


                    • FYI: JFK should be opening up again within the next few months.


                      Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                      EOD - 08/2014
                      FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                      DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                        Congrats. See ya here.

                        Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                        Sure will. I passed my pft2 this morning😄

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Aguilord30 View Post
                          Sure will. I passed my pft2 this morning😄
                          Awesome. Turn on your PMs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                            FYI: JFK should be opening up again within the next few months.


                            Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                            Any idea on Laguardia?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by trrl123 View Post
                              Just got a call from SU today. My EOD will be May 16, Calais ME. Academy will be from June to October. Will have pft2 on April 19. Anyone can give some info about Calais? Thank you

                              My time line.
                              Test: 8/19/15
                              Letter: 9/4/15
                              Pft1: 9/11/15
                              e-QIP: 9/28/15
                              VBT/SI: 10/27/15
                              Poly: 3/22/16
                              Drug test: 3/31/16
                              SU: 3/30/16
                              Call from SU/ 4/1/16
                              EOD: 5/16/16
                              What job announcement did you applied for?

                              Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Well...if you're looking to get something Syracuse way you might be disappointed. Syracuse is small..5-6 Officers. Rochester is tiny as well.

                                That'll pretty much likely leave you with Buffalo (600ish) or A-Bay(100ish) as the most foreseeable options.

                                They are opening a new announcement on the first of every month and sooner or later they'll have to address NY ports...especially the North Country ones. Maybe in the next month, two or three something will open up closer.
                                I've heard those ports Syracuse and Albany are very small so I've pretty much given up hope of ever getting that close to home lol. However if you could answer this for me. If I apply for Highgate and say next month or a few months down the road buffalo or say Massena opens can I reply for one of those ports even though I'm in the process for Highgate. Would I just have to reapply and start the process over. Thanks.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8683 users online. 336 members and 8347 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X