Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you failed the poly once you reach that stage for the background they will see in the system that the polygraph was failed and must wait 3 years.
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
      They found you unsuitable from what? How do you know you passed the poly?
      Same thing, conflicting information between my equip and my poly, I tried explaining myself of the mistake I had made by not stating this on the eqip...I had done weed once before over 7 years ago. The polygraph examiner said not to worry, as well as the BI (I met with him 3 months after I took the poly). I guess the security office just doesn't accept a honest mistake. Anyways, I knew I passed the poly because the polygraph examine emailed me back saying so, the BI told me the same, and the adjudicator did the same. So yea I passed it.

      Comment


      • Any 16-5 applicants, where you guys in the process?

        Comment


        • I currently work at San Ysidro, have been there for almost 3 years now. There is a LOT of work there, but the time goes by very fast. We have a very tight knit crew and that helps a lot with the amount of work load we deal with there. They aren't joking when they say the busiest border crossing in the world. It stays true to that reputation

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Covert0ps View Post
            I currently work at San Ysidro, have been there for almost 3 years now. There is a LOT of work there, but the time goes by very fast. We have a very tight knit crew and that helps a lot with the amount of work load we deal with there. They aren't joking when they say the busiest border crossing in the world. It stays true to that reputation
            Can I send you a PM? I have some questions about SYS.

            Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Ok, so this is the update I just got from my BI.

              Me: Sarah, I would like to make sure that I am eligible to continue on in the hiring process since I was previously found unsuitable.

              Sarah: "We don't make the suitability decisions here at the BI. It all depends on OPR office on how they process it for each applicant".

              Comment


              • That's the thing I was never told I failed the poly. I was told that they can not tell me why I was found unsuitable but that I can file a FOIA request which is what I did. My understanding is that if you fail the polygraph someone has to inform you of the failure, I was never informed that I failed the poly which leaves me to believe that I must have passed since I was able to reapply literally a month or so later. I'm sure the system would have noticed that I failed the polygraph by now and would have disqualified me from the current announcement. I was required to fill out another eqip thats the only thing they required me to do.

                Most recent update:


                Me: I would like to make sure that I am eligible to continue on in the hiring process since I was previously found unsuitable.

                BI: "We don't make the suitability decisions here at the BI. It all depends on OPR office on how they process it for each applicant".

                I will be receiving the FOIA request back on 4/4/16.

                Comment


                • Here are my CASS Updates:
                  *Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.
                  *Qualifications completed A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have
                  been found to be qualified at Grade 7

                  *Medical Exam completed Medical requirements have been successfully completed.
                  *Structured Interview completed Congratulations! You have passed the interview process.
                  *Drug Screening pending Your drug test is pending at this time.
                  *Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office.
                  *Fitness completed Fitness test has been successfully completed.

                  Comment


                  • Before I reapplied I wanted to find out why I was found unsuitable and this was the response I got. Doesn't sound like a failed poly.

                    The decision to withdraw your tentative offer of employment is final. A higher level review has been completed and the determination that you do not meet the suitability requirements for this position remains. You can reapply at any time.


                    If you would like further information about the specifics relating your suitability determination you may submit a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). For more information on the CBP FOIA Request process, please visit http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia.


                    Office of Human Resources Management
                    Minneapolis Hiring Center

                    Comment


                    • I am a 16-5 applicant.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                        Any 16-5 applicants, where you guys in the process?
                        I am actually a 16-5 applicant.

                        I'm also trying to figure out why is CBP e-mailing me on my personal e-mail account and not my government address?

                        Comment


                        • Does anybody know if traveling to Cuba would cause any problem ?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CO1348 View Post
                            Before I reapplied I wanted to find out why I was found unsuitable and this was the response I got. Doesn't sound like a failed poly.

                            The decision to withdraw your tentative offer of employment is final. A higher level review has been completed and the determination that you do not meet the suitability requirements for this position remains. You can reapply at any time.


                            If you would like further information about the specifics relating your suitability determination you may submit a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). For more information on the CBP FOIA Request process, please visit http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia.


                            Office of Human Resources Management
                            Minneapolis Hiring Center
                            I received the same letter, anyways, honestly I feel the same way. If I had failed the poly or the background they would have noticed already. I emailed the BI, MHC, and even the adjudicator (ISPSDLEO) and I was told this "We will review your previous investigations and determine what can or cannot be used from previous application". Anyways, just be positive, go through the process and don't give up. At least that's what I'm doing. I'm in the process for other agencies too so keep trying.
                            Btw I also work for TSA. Lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CO1348 View Post
                              Before I reapplied I wanted to find out why I was found unsuitable and this was the response I got. Doesn't sound like a failed poly.

                              The decision to withdraw your tentative offer of employment is final. A higher level review has been completed and the determination that you do not meet the suitability requirements for this position remains. You can reapply at any time.


                              If you would like further information about the specifics relating your suitability determination you may submit a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). For more information on the CBP FOIA Request process, please visit http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia.


                              Office of Human Resources Management
                              Minneapolis Hiring Center

                              I was also found unsuitable back in October 2015 though not for the poly. I had some issues with my student loans but that have been corrected since then. I called MHC and spoke to someone in the background unit, I was told to reapply. Everything transfered over except for the pft1. I'm just hoping they don't have to do my background over.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CO1348 View Post
                                Here are my CASS Updates:
                                *Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.
                                *Qualifications completed A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have
                                been found to be qualified at Grade 7

                                *Medical Exam completed Medical requirements have been successfully completed.
                                *Structured Interview completed Congratulations! You have passed the interview process.
                                *Drug Screening pending Your drug test is pending at this time.
                                *Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office.
                                *Fitness completed Fitness test has been successfully completed.

                                Cass update:

                                Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.

                                Qualifications completed A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have been found to be qualified at Grade 9

                                Medical Exam completed Medical requirements have been successfully completed.

                                Structured Interview completed Congratulations! You have passed the interview process.

                                Drug Screening pending Your drug test is pending at this time.

                                Background Investigation pending Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required.

                                Fitness completed Fitness test has been successfully completed.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5647 users online. 299 members and 5348 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X