300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Coyote View Post
    The ICE Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) upholds the agency’s standards for integrity and professionalism. As a key part of that responsibility, OPR investigates allegations of misconduct involving employees of ICE and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

OPR investigates misconduct allegations based upon the following criteria:

Allegations that, if true, would constitute violations of state or federal criminal law; or
    Allegations of misconduct that, if true, would jeopardize or undermine the agency’s ability to perform its mission.
    In cases of potential misconduct, OPR prepares reports of its investigations for possible judicial or management action. OPR also provides independent reviews of ICE programs and offices, adjudicates ICE background investigations and issues security clearances for all prospective and current ICE employees and contract staff.

Finally, OPR oversees ICE detention functions, ensuring that facilities adhere to the agency’s detention standards. In the event of a detainee’s death, OPR investigates the circumstances of that death.

Mission

OPR is responsible for upholding DHS standards for integrity and professionalism by impartially investigating allegations of employee misconduct.

In addition, OPR inspects and reviews ICE offices, operations and processes in an effort to provide executive management with an independent review of the agency's organizational health. OPR oversees the agency’s detention functions to ensure compliance with ICE detention standards.
    Generally, you are correct concerning the tasks the office does. However, ICE has their own Office of Professional Responsibility and CBP has their own Office of Professional Responsibility. The two offices are totally separate. CBP just recently changed the name of that office from Internal Affairs to the Office of Professional Responsibility.

FB

Comment

• Do you guys have a working number for internal affairs. Also, do you guys know if oroville,wa is hiring

Comment

• Do you guys have a working number for internal affairs. Also, do you guys know if oroville,wa is hiring

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
          Do you guys have a working number for internal affairs. Also, do you guys know if oroville,wa is hiring
          Log into Cass. Open the newsletter at the bottom, go to the last page and all the numbers are there
          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Hello I am a current federal employee with the TSA. I was found unsuitable for employment after taking the polygraph exam for a previous CBPO announcement but was told I may reapply at anytime. I reapplied a month or so after receiving the unsuitability notification and was able to keep all of the scored assessments from that previous announcement.

The Central Applicant Self-Service site states the following: Drug Screening (Pending at this time), Background Investigation (Your case is in the security office).

My questions are:
            How long does the BI process take
            Since I was able to reapply at anytime does this mean I passed the polygraph exam from the previous announcement?
            If indeed I passed the poly for the previous announcement will CBP require me to retake another especially since all of the other assessments were kept (VBT, Interview, PF1)
            What is a (provisional clear form)?

I appreciate any advice or input you can provide. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by CO1348 View Post
              Hello I am a current federal employee with the TSA. I was found unsuitable for employment after taking the polygraph exam for a previous CBPO announcement but was told I may reapply at anytime. I reapplied a month or so after receiving the unsuitability notification and was able to keep all of the scored assessments from that previous announcement.

The Central Applicant Self-Service site states the following: Drug Screening (Pending at this time), Background Investigation (Your case is in the security office).

My questions are:
              Since I was able to reapply at anytime does this mean I passed the polygraph exam from the previous announcement?
              If indeed I passed the poly for the previous announcement will CBP require me to retake another especially since all of the other assessments were kept (VBT, Interview, PF1)

They said you could reapply right away? If you fail a Polygraph you have to wait 3 years to reapply.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello I am a current federal employee with the TSA. I was found unsuitable for employment after taking the polygraph exam for a previous CBPO announcement but was told I may reapply at anytime. I reapplied a month or so after receiving the unsuitability notification and was able to keep all of the scored assessments from that previous announcement.

My questions are:

My advice is to contact MHC or your Investigator and make sure your eligible to go through the process again instead of wasting your time doing some parts over to get a notice saying your disqualified.
                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Can you let me know if you are able to get an answer. I am having the same problem. I was offered the job approximately 2 years ago and my background is still pending. I want to get in touch with someone that can clarify my issue. I tried to call several numbers but I haven't got an answer regarding my issue. The last thing I heard was that, my background was sent to opr for final review.

Comment

• GS-9 Looking to swap from Boston Logan Airport to Newark. Hit me up if you are interested.

Comment

• I was in fact told I can reapply right away by MHC and I did just that. My guess is that I passed the polygraph but they were probably forced to find me unsuitable due to the conflicting information provided to the polygraph examiner and what was on the SF 86 form. I stated on the SF86 that I never smoked because the option for 10+yrs wasn't available for me to select or at least thats what I thought.

I had to have passed that polygraph because they would not have allowed me to reapply so quickly and they certainly would not have allowed me the option to carry the passed assessments over to the new announcement.

I literally was told that I do not have to take the Initial test, VBT, Interview, and PF1.

Comment

I was in fact told I can reapply right away by MHC and I did just that. My guess is that I passed the polygraph but they were probably forced to find me unsuitable due to the conflicting information provided to the polygraph examiner and what was on the SF 86 form. I stated on the SF86 that I never smoked because the option for 10+yrs wasn't available for me to select or at least thats what I thought.

I had to have passed that polygraph because they would not have allowed me to reapply so quickly and they certainly would not have allowed me the option to carry the passed assessments over to the new announcement.

I literally was told that I do not have to take the Initial test, VBT, Interview, and PF1.
                        I am betting that once your file heads to the background and polygraph portion it will stop there. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so.

FB
                        Last edited by Firebug; 03-31-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I was in fact told I can reapply right away by MHC and I did just that. My guess is that I passed the polygraph but they were probably forced to find me unsuitable due to the conflicting information provided to the polygraph examiner and what was on the SF 86 form. I stated on the SF86 that I never smoked because the option for 10+yrs wasn't available for me to select or at least thats what I thought.

Wow this is crazy, I'm on the same situations as you. I was found unsuitable on October for the same reason. Was told to re applied and I did back in October. Everything was transferred over and my status in CASS is the same as yours. I did pass the polygraph on the past. Now I'm just waiting to see if they will disqualify me or let me go through. The waiting game is annoying. Let me know if you hear something please as we are in the same exact situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolls90 View Post
                            Wow this is crazy, I'm on the same situations as you. I was found unsuitable on October for the same reason. Was told to re applied and I did back in October. Everything was transferred over and my status in CASS is the same as yours. I did pass the polygraph on the past. Now I'm just waiting to see if they will disqualify me or let me go through. The waiting game is annoying. Let me know if you hear something please as we are in the same exact situation.
                            They found you unsuitable from what? How do you know you passed the poly?

Comment

• That's very bizarre.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                                They found you unsuitable from what? How do you know you passed the poly?
                                Apparently they both Failed the Polygraph but we're able to reapply instantly. I thought they wouldn't even make it passed the TSL email

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9099 users online. 451 members and 8648 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X