Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP is so full of **** with this Polygraph nonsense. ....Please Excuse my language....there is so much good candidates out there and this poly screws them up I hope they do away with it....smh Keep pushing bro

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm 15-5 also took my poly this week and my results came up inconclusive. I received an email today to retest. I'm not gonna lie it was really stressful never felt so nervous on any test.

Comment

• Originally posted by NavyMa2 View Post
        CBP is so full of **** with this Polygraph nonsense. ....Please Excuse my language....there is so much good candidates out there and this poly screws them up I hope they do away with it....smh Keep pushing bro

Everyone who makes it to the poly is a good canditate.... All the poly does is separates the good canditates from trustworthy candidates...even then, passing a poly doesnt mean you golden..i know off hand a couple of people who had passed the poly and right after graduation got their badge and credential taken away and sent to do office work back at their port just because they hadnt passed the background check.. So the poly is not your only means of getting the job..it also falls on your background. People say "oh my background is clean" how about that uncle of yours or that diatant cousin that deals drugs? Or that time you got that ticket for speeding..or the back pay of child support? Or that misdemeanor your brother/sister got on her record Or that credit score under 650 with derogatories marks in it...All that falls into play with the background...CBP is not going to do away with polygraph ans I WISH THEY DONT..i wouldnt want the wrong person having access to the info we are exposed to as vetted officers..so as long as that poly keeps weeding out the good candidates, im all for it...i'll do fine with the trustworthy ones as my backup..

P.S..im sure you candidates were told the small percentage of candidates that make it through the hiring process is roughly 3%..in 2015, 12,000 applicant went thru the process only to hire roughly 300..
        Last edited by Robert_212; 03-18-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert_212 View Post
          Everyone who makes it to the poly is a good canditate.... All the poly does is separates the good canditates from trustworthy candidates...even then, passing a poly doesnt mean you golden..i know off hand a couple of people who had passed the poly and right after graduation got their badge and credential taken away and sent to do office work back at their port just because they hadnt passed the background check.. So the poly is not your only means of getting the job..it also falls on your background. People say "oh my background is clean" how about that uncle of yours or that diatant cousin that deals drugs? Or that time you got that ticket for speeding..or the back pay of child support? Or that misdemeanor your brother/sister got on her record Or that credit score under 650 with derogatories marks in it...All that falls into play with the background...CBP is not going to do away with polygraph ans I WISH THEY DONT..i wouldnt want the wrong person having access to the info we are exposed to as vetted officers..so as long as that poly keeps weeding out the good candidates, im all for it...i'll do fine with the trustworthy ones as my backup..

P.S..im sure you candidates were told the small percentage of candidates that make it through the hiring process is roughly 3%..in 2015, 12,000 applicant went thru the process only to hire roughly 300..
          I agree to disagree good sir....

Comment

You start off by saying that the poly separates the good from the trustworthy, and then tell us of people didn't pass the BI but passed the poly? Btw, I've already passed a BI for CBP as well, and nothing has changed if they had done a follow up.

Again, if the poly is accurate, then they should be calling up my employer right now and saying they should revoke my security clearance. If it is accurate, it means I must have become a very bad person between 2013-present.
            All checks: Summer 2014 (No PFT2 or referral to SU yet at the point)
            14-2 posted: See SE, re-apply. Take test. Wait for stuff to roll over.
            Jan: Find out no more SE hiring despite **many vacancies** listed. Had to choose new region.
            Provisional Clearance: June 4th
            Still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcharlie View Post
              You start off by saying that the poly separates the good from the trustworthy, and then tell us of people didn't pass the BI but passed the poly? Btw, I've already passed a BI for CBP as well, and nothing has changed if they had done a follow up.

Again, if the poly is accurate, then they should be calling up my employer right now and saying they should revoke my security clearance. If it is accurate, it means I must have become a very bad person between 2013-present.

Sorry dont know what to tell you...maybe you have confidential clearance oppose to secret or top secret and it doesnt mean anything to CBP or maybe you did become a very bad person..again..thats between you and the machine...hope you get a second chance since you claimed you passed one before...and what i stated before was..what good is it to pass a poly if you cant clear a background? So there is situations where you do pass a poly and wont clear background.. Like i said i know of people who graduated the cbp academy and got thier badge and creds takwn away right after...now they have been doing office jobs for quite a while.

Comment

I'm curious as to where the 12,#000 and 300 figures came from. They hired and trained far more than 300 CBPOS in 2015. Is that a subset of one particular 2015 CBPO announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  I'm curious as to where the 12,#000 and 300 figures came from. They hired and trained far more than 300 CBPOS in 2015. Is that a subset of one particular 2015 CBPO announcement?
                  Agreed, we got ~200 at JFK alone, so hard to believe it was 300 nationwide

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                  EOD - 08/2014
                  FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                  DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Hey..will my exam score be mailed out to me or posted on USAJOBS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                      Hey..will my exam score be mailed out to me or posted on USAJOBS?

You won't see scores until after you get a TSL
                      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                        Damn. Ok thanks.

Comment

Sorry dont know what to tell you...maybe you have confidential clearance oppose to secret or top secret and it doesnt mean anything to CBP or maybe you did become a very bad person..again..thats between you and the machine...hope you get a second chance since you claimed you passed one before...and what i stated before was..what good is it to pass a poly if you cant clear a background? So there is situations where you do pass a poly and wont clear background.. Like i said i know of people who graduated the cbp academy and got thier badge and creds takwn away right after...now they have been doing office jobs for quite a while.
                          Never said my clearance matters to CBP. What I am saying, is that if the poly is accurate, I should be in all sorts of hot water now because I must be a very bad person and I do currently possess a job with a thorough BI and a clearance. I wasn't saying it was a free pass.

The machine only knows the truth right? It isn't just a claim, I DID pass a poly, for this very position, for this agency, and no issues what-so-ever the first time I took it. Too bad I can't question the machine, since as you said, it is between it and myself.

You say what good is it to pass a poly and not the background? What about the reverse? Where do you stand on that?
                          Last edited by bigcharlie; 03-19-2016, 09:56 AM.
                          Jan: Find out no more SE hiring despite **many vacancies** listed. Had to choose new region.
                          Still waiting

Comment

Damn. Ok thanks.

Should be an email they send. Double check if they put attachments still (when you get it). They used to do that and I would miss the Applicant ID #. Good luck.
                            Still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                              I know it prob depends on how well I did but how long does it typically take to get a TSL?

Comment

I know it prob depends on how well I did but how long does it typically take to get a TSL?

For me it was a month after the exam. It also depends on when the last day of exams are. You won't get your score until everyone else has taken them unless you're a reapply.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10753 users online. 492 members and 10261 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X