300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
    CASS has updated for my Background Investigation to say that "Your case is in the security office."

Do they usually email you that it is in security office or do you just go by CASS?
    No email, just a CASS update.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
      Oh ok..is that one of those fed jobs that everyone and there brother applies for... Kinda like FAMS...or more niche like CBP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      A bit of both.

It's largely interior immigration enforcement, with all the drawbacks of trying to do immigration enforcement in an era where there's little interest from much of the public and the politicians to do meaningful immigration enforcement.

On the other hand, it's a non-uniform job having mostly banker hours usually off the border at GS-12 pay plus 25% AUO. Lots of BPAs and CBPOs make the jump to get better locations and/or more money doing less complex work with better scheduling.

There's only roughly 4000 of DOs, compared to almost 24000 CBPOs and nearly 22000 BPAs. The opportunities to get hired there would be limited compared to CBP.

Comment

• How long is the structured interview, finger prints and fitness test are good for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
          How long is the structured interview, finger prints and fitness test are good for?
          PFT1 = 1 year.
          SI/VBT = 3 years.

Not sure about the Fingerprints.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
            PFT1 = 1 year.
            SI/VBT = 3 years.

Not sure about the Fingerprints.
            Thanks.

Comment

• No previous LEO experience. That was a sudden desire and one I want to stick with. Decided I would try FWC officer. They are LEOs of the wilderness and that strikes my fancy. Capitol Police is also pending. Would suck if I get to the Polygraph yet again only to fail. Even more hilarious if I pass not changing my answers.

I expect the "thanks but no thanks" email from CBP any day now. Does this bar me from BP too?
              ATF IOI Applicant
              Apply May 2017
              Panel Interview August 2017
              Fedex Package September 2017
              SF86 E-QIP September 2017
              E-QIP sent October 2017
              ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
              Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
              Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

DEA DI Applicant
              Apply March 2017
              Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
              interview for November 2017.
              Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

Comment

• GS-9 at BOS looking for a swap or three way transfer to EWR.

Comment

• Man, that 5 minute step test is a killer for me! It's the only part of my self assessment that I can't get through while I train at home for the PFT-1. The most I can last is around 3 minutes and 50 seconds before I just collapse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                    Man, that 5 minute step test is a killer for me! It's the only part of my self assessment that I can't get through while I train at home for the PFT-1. The most I can last is around 3 minutes and 50 seconds before I just collapse.

Do some sprint running with some incline to get your heart rate up and legs stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                      Do some sprint running with some incline to get your heart rate up and legs stronger.

Thanks man, I'll give that a shot. The only good news is that I'm doing my assessment on a 14 inch platform instead of a 12' platform, so hopefully that increase will help when it's time the actual assessment.

Comment

• Any Buffalo officers looking to swap out to a smaller port?

Message me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                          Man, that 5 minute step test is a killer for me! It's the only part of my self assessment that I can't get through while I train at home for the PFT-1. The most I can last is around 3 minutes and 50 seconds before I just collapse.

switch your leading leg. It changed everything for me.

Comment

• FullSizeRender.jpg

have faith! It is actually possible

Comment

• 16-1 in the hiring process for MIA anyone here doing the process for MIA ?
                              Last edited by ajs0922; 03-12-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by modesty View Post
                                switch your leading leg. It changed everything for me.
                                Interesting. When I do my assessment I would switch my lead leg after every rep. Your way might be more efficient.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7415 users online. 416 members and 6999 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X