Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zenryoman View Post
    So, this may come as a shock but I have been following this forum, page for page, since October but never posted or joined up. I have since joined and have a bunch to say.
    I am 16-1 for Miami, had my e-qip sent back 3 times at least, have had 3 months of medical holds (satisfied month by month, unique issue by unique issue) and now I have my Poly in Dania Beach on Wednesday. I am psycho nervous just because of the gravity of the exam. I will be the first to publicly admit I stole a petty amount (less than 100) from my hotel clerk bank tin at my job ten years ago and will confess to as much at the start of the pre-exam.

    Other than that I haven't done drugs, no murders, and no divulging secrets. I will be so honest with this examiner I hope to scare her. So, any advice?

    P.S. The security specialist that sent me my notice to reject me based on credit issues was very nice. She emailed me (this is the In security office stage) and allowed me to describe what happened and that I would make 1st month's payments and show proof. I always thought they rejected you outright with no chance to remedy things based off people's experiences here.

    P.S.S. I am prior Navy, Submarine E-4 Machinist's Mate, with secret clearance. Clear driving record, all up to par on credit payments, every family member is legal. So....let's see.
    Only advice to you is to answer the questions clearly with a Yes or No answer. Nothing to be nervous about if you are telling the truth.
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

    Comment


    • Thank you. Same thing I have concluded. Also, timing is a factor I realize. Aside I have read both positive and negative things about the job. However, I want it and I feel we all do. Stamp-monkey or no stamp monkey this is an honorable profession. It took me years after the Navy to realize I missed it and what it inspired.
      ATF IOI Applicant
      Apply May 2017
      Panel Interview August 2017
      Fedex Package September 2017
      SF86 E-QIP September 2017
      E-QIP sent October 2017
      ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
      Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
      Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

      DEA DI Applicant
      Apply March 2017
      Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
      interview for November 2017.
      Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zenryoman View Post
        Thank you. Same thing I have concluded. Also, timing is a factor I realize. Aside I have read both positive and negative things about the job. However, I want it and I feel we all do. Stamp-monkey or no stamp monkey this is an honorable profession. It took me years after the Navy to realize I missed it and what it inspired.
        Good luck with the poly it is very hit or miss. Just a heads up, I know a lot of current Cbpo's that re-applied to Miami , so for a new hire it could be a long wait if you make it through. Some of my colleagues have been in the scheduling unit for 3-4 months awaiting the call and that's with everything just transferring over.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
          Good luck with the poly it is very hit or miss. Just a heads up, I know a lot of current Cbpo's that re-applied to Miami , so for a new hire it could be a long wait if you make it through. Some of my colleagues have been in the scheduling unit for 3-4 months awaiting the call and that's with everything just transferring over.
          Thanks for the heads up. I also applied to Capitol Police so I shall see how that goes along. Either way I am a hospitality major in my Senior year and have applied to a 10 week summer internship which is a degree requirement. For me, the longer the better as long as I succeed. A blessing and a curse I suppose.
          ATF IOI Applicant
          Apply May 2017
          Panel Interview August 2017
          Fedex Package September 2017
          SF86 E-QIP September 2017
          E-QIP sent October 2017
          ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
          Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
          Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

          DEA DI Applicant
          Apply March 2017
          Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
          interview for November 2017.
          Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

          Comment


          • Originally posted by zenryoman View Post
            Thank you. Same thing I have concluded. Also, timing is a factor I realize. Aside I have read both positive and negative things about the job. However, I want it and I feel we all do. Stamp-monkey or no stamp monkey this is an honorable profession. It took me years after the Navy to realize I missed it and what it inspired.
            I can definitely empathize with you. I truly wish you the best. I think that your military service will definitely make up for your offense. Just have faith and of course Thank you for your service brother!


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
              I can definitely empathize with you. I truly wish you the best. I think that your military service will definitely make up for your offense. Just have faith and of course Thank you for your service brother!


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Always proud to have served and thank you!
              ATF IOI Applicant
              Apply May 2017
              Panel Interview August 2017
              Fedex Package September 2017
              SF86 E-QIP September 2017
              E-QIP sent October 2017
              ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
              Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
              Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

              DEA DI Applicant
              Apply March 2017
              Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
              interview for November 2017.
              Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
                Lol I'm 16-1 for Miami. I had my e-qip also sent back twice to fix two things. Also waiting on poly to be scheduled. We are at the exact same place in our process. Where are you located ?
                I am up in Boca Raton, Florida! What about yourself? Looks like we are going exactly in the same pace lol.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Star.Fox View Post
                  I'm a 15-4 applicant. And I'm in the same position as you are. I have had my eqip rejection three times for mislabeled information. So, I'm waiting for it to me approved. Hopefully soon.

                  Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                  I hate how the head of the email says "Background rejected" It always gets to me. First time I almost cried before opening the email thinking I got disqualified hahahahahahah. What is your port by the way? Hopefully we will get clear soon...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Flo_officer View Post
                    I hate how the head of the email says "Background rejected" It always gets to me. First time I almost cried before opening the email thinking I got disqualified hahahahahahah. What is your port by the way? Hopefully we will get clear soon...
                    West Texas/Southwest New Mexico locations. Yeah, I understand what you mean. But luckily for us it was misinformation. The waiting game is killing me.

                    Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Flo_officer View Post
                      I am up in Boca Raton, Florida! What about yourself? Looks like we are going exactly in the same pace lol.
                      I'm in VA.

                      Comment


                      • For those already in the academy,
                        I will be attending the academy in april 21, I wanted to ask if there's anything you wish you knew before attending the academy?
                        Any advices you all can give me will be appreciated

                        Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Glenn02; 03-07-2016, 03:32 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Anyone from 16-5 received their applicant ID?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                            Anyone from 16-5 received their applicant ID?
                            Yeah, I'm a re-apply and I got mine on March 2nd. I'm still waiting for the registration number so I can start my E-QIP.

                            Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
                              For those already in the academy,
                              I will be attending the academy in april 21, I wanted to ask if there's anything you wish you knew before attending the academy?
                              Any advices you all can give me will be appreciated

                              Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                              What test you from?
                              With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
                                For those already in the academy,
                                I will be attending the academy in april 21, I wanted to ask if there's anything you wish you knew before attending the academy?

                                Any advices you all can give me will be appreciated

                                Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

                                If you can, bring a car!
                                CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                                Application- 7/23/2014
                                Written exam - 9/24/2015
                                NOR: 10/31/2014
                                TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                                SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                                Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                                PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                                VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                                Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                                NOPA- 5/4/2015
                                Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                                Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                                Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                                BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                                Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                                Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                                EOD: 10/26/15
                                FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12966 users online. 508 members and 12458 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X