300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
    You got it brother, lol didn't mean to get ahead of myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's ok. It's just the feeling you get when you feel you will pass everything and all of a sudden the examiner is accusing you of being or doing something you never done. From reading this forum I've seen that a lot.
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by zFinest View Post
      It's ok. It's just the feeling you get when you feel you will pass everything and all of a sudden the examiner is accusing you of being or doing something you never done. From reading this forum I've seen that a lot.
      Yea you're right, I understand where you're coming from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
        Just curious... While at the academy how often are you able to call home?

The agency will pay for one call per day at five minutes or less.

On your own time and dime you can spend whatever free time you want on the phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          The agency will pay for one call per day at five minutes or less.

On your own time and dime you can spend whatever free time you want on the phone.
          Merlin, how common is it for officers at the academy to look for roommates with other officers that have the same port? This job pays very well in the long run but I'm a bit worried about the first year since it'll be at GS-05 (for me at least).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Guys I'm going to reapply to go to San Ysidro.

My question is : does the application starts moving right away or does is start after the closing of the opening?

I've been in the SU for 8 months waiting for EWR and want to go to San Ysidro since everything will transfer.

I thought about those ports with student loans incentives and 25% bonus salary. But they're too remote!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
              Guys I'm going to reapply to go to San Ysidro.

My question is : does the application starts moving right away or does is start after the closing of the opening?

I've been in the SU for 8 months waiting for EWR and want to go to San Ysidro since everything will transfer.

I thought about those ports with student loans incentives and 25% bonus salary. But they're too remote!
              I'm also a re-apply and went with San Ysidro (changed right after turning in my E-QIP). It happens at a faster rate but not right away. It took a month for me to get the NOR email.

Comment

• [QUOTE be=Lethal;3832944]Merlin, how common is it for officers at the academy to look for roommates with other officers that have the same port? This job pays very well in the long run but I'm a bit worried about the first year since it'll be at GS-05 (for me at least).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Common enough. It all depends on the particulars.

If that's the route you're looking to take it might be better to arrange for housing during pre-academy or after graduation. Depending on circumstances, you might be that port's only hire at FLETC.

Comment

[QUOTE be=Lethal;3832944]Merlin, how common is it for officers at the academy to look for roommates with other officers that have the same port? This job pays very well in the long run but I'm a bit worried about the first year since it'll be at GS-05 (for me at least).

If that's the route you're looking to take it might be better to arrange for housing during pre-academy or after graduation. Depending on circumstances, you might be that port's only hire at FLETC.[/QUOTE]
                  Thanks. I'm going with San Ysidro, so that last part wouldn't be an issue, hehe.

Comment

• I reapplied for JFK, got my TSL on November 17th and my qualifications updated a few weeks ago but nothing since then. Some stuff says not required and the background says 'pending' I thought it would've moved a bit faster than this.
                    CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                    Application- 7/23/2014
                    Written exam - 9/24/2015
                    NOR: 10/31/2014
                    TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                    SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                    Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                    PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                    VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                    Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                    NOPA- 5/4/2015
                    Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                    Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                    Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                    BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                    Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                    Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                    EOD: 10/26/15
                    FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                      Guys I'm going to reapply to go to San Ysidro.

Dam you EWR!! This is taking an eternity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post

If that's the route you're looking to take it might be better to arrange for housing during pre-academy or after graduation. Depending on circumstances, you might be that port's only hire at FLETC.
                        Thanks. I'm going with San Ysidro, so that last part wouldn't be an issue, hehe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

OK.

Still, why add the additional stress of finding lodging at your home port to the academy? Save your energy at the academy working on the training and assuring graduation.

You should have roughly a month of pre-academy at your port to come up with something workable. If I had to guess, SYS will also have far more resources available to you in regard to housing options specific to your needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Star.Fox View Post
                          What job post (15-1, 15-2, etc) did you apply for? And location?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                          I am from announcement 15-5 for San Ysidro.

Comment

• I received the tentative letter yesterday is that a good thing or something everyone receives?

Comment

• Originally posted by James Jones View Post
                              I received the tentative letter yesterday is that a good thing or something everyone receives?
                              Everyone that passes the Entrance exam gets it.

Comment

OK.

Still, why add the additional stress of finding lodging at your home port to the academy? Save your energy at the academy working on the training and assuring graduation.

You should have roughly a month of pre-academy at your port to come up with something workable. If I had to guess, SYS will also have far more resources available to you in regard to housing options specific to your needs.[/QUOTE]
                                That's true, thanks for the advice as always.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4384 users online. 171 members and 4213 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X