Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of progress made this week! Always motivating to hear.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just logged onto cass to see that all i have left is the Drug test and the background investigation. Everything else is checked off! WOOHOO

15-2 For JFK

Comment

• Just received an email said my BI has sent to DC today. Still waiting for poly. I am 15-4 for Calais.

Comment

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post
          Just logged onto cass to see that all i have left is the Drug test and the background investigation. Everything else is checked off! WOOHOO

15-2 For JFK
          Did you take your poly already?
          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
            Did you take your poly already?
            Twice lol. I met with MY BI maybe a week and a half ago?

Now i guess its the waiting game

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
              I'm in academy right now. For hours, you'll get 40-50k of OT every year after you're done with training. Shifts are 6-2, 2-10, and 10-6. Plan to work at least two 16s weekly. We have about a thousand officers but need a lot more. The area is San Diego so it's not bad at all.
              I'm an officer right now at San Ysidro finished with all training. You will get as much OT as you want. Even then it's hard though. Right now we have 75 TDYers here and in a few months another 100 will come. Officers are signing up for overtime but aren't getting it. Last year the average of OT was 25k. This year, since they changed the schedule, the average is way down. At this time last year the average was already 10k. Right now it's less than 5. I'm sitting at $6000 in overtime money and haven't been drafted in a while. I went hard for a while but then took a 3 week break from overtime.

I do one double a week. That's it. Maybe another 4 here or there but the horrors of San Ysidro are not what people want to make it so out to be. It's busy but it's fun.
              Geo: SWB
              CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
              NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
              TSL - 01/31/14
              Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
              VBT/SI - 02/28/14
              BI - 03/15/14
              Poly - 04/30/14
              BI Cleared - 06/24/14
              Drug Test - 06/26/14
              The Call - 06/26/14
              PFT 2 - 07/11/14
              EOD - 07/14/14
              Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                I'm an officer right now at San Ysidro finished with all training. You will get as much OT as you want. Even then it's hard though. Right now we have 75 TDYers here and in a few months another 100 will come. Officers are signing up for overtime but aren't getting it. Last year the average of OT was 25k. This year, since they changed the schedule, the average is way down. At this time last year the average was already 10k. Right now it's less than 5. I'm sitting at $6000 in overtime money and haven't been drafted in a while. I went hard for a while but then took a 3 week break from overtime.

I do one double a week. That's it. Maybe another 4 here or there but the horrors of San Ysidro are not what people want to make it so out to be. It's busy but it's fun.
                Based on what you said it's only around 48 hours per week, not bad at all. I think for those starting at GS-05 OT would be more important in order to make a little extra.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Is a score of 79 good enough to get hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by James Jones View Post
                    Is a score of 79 good enough to get hired?
                    Depends on the port, some of them (like Miami International or JFK) require higher scores from what I've heard in this thread. I believe that as long as you receive a positive email in the NOR then you'll be able to go on to the next step.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by James Jones View Post
                      Is a score of 79 good enough to get hired?
                      Did you get your tentative selection letter?
                      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• No it was only you passed and score of 79. I applied for Washington state I believe.a
                        Originally posted by zFinest View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                          No it was only you passed and score of 79. I applied for Washington state I believe.

Comment

• Congratulations to all who passed I recently applied to the VRA announcement.....this will be my 3rd time taking the entrance exam I don't know if I just get nervous taking it or I just really have the jitters I hope I get it this time around...I have been going over the CBP study Guide and was wondering if anyone has any tips or any other study guides.....Thank you and good luck to all

Comment

• CBP officer

What's up everyone.. I've only recently just started looking into fed jobs. I'm currently a Correction Officer in NY. I'm someone who tries to take any and every exam/job opportunity that comes along. Is the CBP written exam one of those exams where you need to score very high to even be canvassed or do they eventually go down the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Rush1869; 02-27-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                                What's up everyone.. I've only recently just started looking into fed jobs. I'm currently a Correction Officer in NY. I'm someone who tries to take any and every exam/job opportunity that comes along. Is the CBP written exam one of those exams where you need to score very high to even be canvassed or do they eventually go down the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                You have to get at least a 70 on the entrance exam. As long as you meet that requirement you'll eventually be selected but the lower your score the longer it might take like you said.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8625 users online. 278 members and 8347 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X