Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
    Hello I was wondering if you could give me any advice, I am supposed to be at San ysidro in a month on March 21,
    My questions are,

    Where would u recommend me to stay, for the first 30 days? I was thinking a hotel?
    What should I take with me?

    Any information will be greatly appreciated, thank you

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    You don't need anything. Hotel with classmates or find a month room rental.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert_212 View Post
      Thats right...all you have to really worry is the 6 months after Fletc..during your time at fletc, you'll get all 3 meals free of charge and $5 a day in addition to that (per diem)..that will be on a separate check after graduation...my advise is, save as much as you can during the academy..
      Thank you, do u know what type of clothes we are supposed to wear for the 30 days prior to fletc? Also what are we going to be doing? Shadowing officers?

      I'm sorry it's a lot of questions, I'm nervous

      Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
        Thank you, do u know what type of clothes we are supposed to wear for the 30 days prior to fletc? Also what are we going to be doing? Shadowing officers?

        I'm sorry it's a lot of questions, I'm nervous

        Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
        Business casual everyday. Jeans for one day when you go to the range. You do online computer classes for the most part but they can detail you out to do anything you are allowed to do with no training. You will also get a a few port tours, no shadowing. Just hang out and get to know your classmates.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
          Business casual everyday. Jeans for one day when you go to the range. You do online computer classes for the most part but they can detail you out to do anything you are allowed to do with no training. You will also get a a few port tours, no shadowing. Just hang out and get to know your classmates.
          Thank you so much! I appreciate all the help

          Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
            Thank you, do u know what type of clothes we are supposed to wear for the 30 days prior to fletc? Also what are we going to be doing? Shadowing officers?

            I'm sorry it's a lot of questions, I'm nervous

            Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
            You need to dress casual..you'll be taking a few computer courses known as VLC.. With a few quizes at the end..P.S dont let that grammar course catch you off guard..lol...depending on the port you'll do some shadowing hense you finish all your VLC courses.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Robert_212 View Post
              You need to dress casual..you'll be taking a few computer courses known as VLC.. With a few quizes at the end..P.S dont let that grammar course catch you off guard..lol...depending on the port you'll do some shadowing hense you finish all your VLC courses.
              Thank you for the info. Do you recommend studying some type of material prior to taking the VLC courses?

              Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
                Thank you, do u know what type of clothes we are supposed to wear for the 30 days prior to fletc? Also what are we going to be doing? Shadowing officers?

                I'm sorry it's a lot of questions, I'm nervous

                Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                It might not hurt to dress a bit more formal on day one when you're introduced to your port director and management.

                Beyond that, business casual should be acceptable.

                Different ports have different expectations and offerings as far as how they run pre-academy. Your individual experience might vary from what another hire has experienced.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
                  Thank you, do u know what type of clothes we are supposed to wear for the 30 days prior to fletc? Also what are we going to be doing? Shadowing officers?

                  I'm sorry it's a lot of questions, I'm nervous

                  Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                  You need to dress casual..you'll be taking a few computer courses known as VLC.. With a few quizes at the end..P.S dont let that grammar course catch you off guard..lol...depending on the port you'll do some shadowing hense you finish all your VLC courses.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert_212 View Post
                    You need to dress casual..you'll be taking a few computer courses known as VLC.. With a few quizes at the end..P.S dont let that grammar course catch you off guard..lol...depending on the port you'll do some shadowing hense you finish all your VLC courses.
                    Definitely no shadowing at San Ysidro and it's business casual. I was giving him port specific advice.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                      Definitely no shadowing at San Ysidro and it's business casual. I was giving him port specific advice.
                      Thank you, @howlongdoihavetowaitforthis are you located in San ysidro? How is San ysidro's port? Hours, employees, area

                      Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
                        Thank you, @howlongdoihavetowaitforthis are you located in San ysidro? How is San ysidro's port? Hours, employees, area

                        Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                        I'm in academy right now. For hours, you'll get 40-50k of OT every year after you're done with training. Shifts are 6-2, 2-10, and 10-6. Plan to work at least two 16s weekly. We have about a thousand officers but need a lot more. The area is San Diego so it's not bad at all.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                          I'm in academy right now. For hours, you'll get 40-50k of OT every year after you're done with training. Shifts are 6-2, 2-10, and 10-6. Plan to work at least two 16s weekly. We have about a thousand officers but need a lot more. The area is San Diego so it's not bad at all.
                          What class are you? I am here too
                          CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                          Application- 7/23/2014
                          Written exam - 9/24/2015
                          NOR: 10/31/2014
                          TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                          SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                          Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                          PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                          VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                          Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                          NOPA- 5/4/2015
                          Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                          Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                          Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                          BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                          Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                          Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                          EOD: 10/26/15
                          FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                            I'm in academy right now. For hours, you'll get 40-50k of OT every year after you're done with training. Shifts are 6-2, 2-10, and 10-6. Plan to work at least two 16s weekly. We have about a thousand officers but need a lot more. The area is San Diego so it's not bad at all.
                            Can you pm me? In case I have more questions?
                            Thank u

                            Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
                              Got the call monday.
                              I start at my duty location (San ysidro) on March 21. I start Fletc April 21.
                              I'm a gs7, does anybody know how long does it take to get a pay raise/promotion?

                              Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                              What announcement are you ?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
                                What announcement are you ?
                                Originally I was a 14:1 duty location houston.
                                but I re-applied on announcement 16:2 and changed my location to San Ysidro.

                                Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4399 users online. 205 members and 4194 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X