300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socalrob,

My background investigation has been going on since the summer. In December I was contacted out of the blue by another investigator asking additional information. Is it normal for it to take this long? I haven't heard anything since..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironlion09 View Post
      Socalrob,

My background investigation has been going on since the summer. In December I was contacted out of the blue by another investigator asking additional information. Is it normal for it to take this long? I haven't heard anything since..
      You took your poly?
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Yes, BI started in summer.

Comment

• I haven't heard it taking that long, but I have heard of two separate contractors doing the investigation.

If you have lived in many places, worked many jobs, they're going to go and verify them all, maybe that's your case. Best of luck, my man.

Comment

• My background took 4 months to clear and I had three investigators. I reapplied and am waiting three months for them to move my background over from the 14-2 announcement to the 16-1.
            CBPO 14-2 Applicant
            Application- 7/23/2014
            Written exam - 9/24/2015
            NOR: 10/31/2014
            TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
            SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
            Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
            PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
            VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
            Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
            NOPA- 5/4/2015
            Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
            Met with BI - 5/30/2015
            Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
            BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
            Drug Test - 9/24/2015
            Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
            EOD: 10/26/15
            FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by starhawk07 View Post
              A bit off topic, but can someone tell me what are some of the specialized units that you can be part of as a CBP Officer?

One, I'd focus in on getting through the hiring process and, once hired, learning the complexities and responsibilities of the job before I'd put much thought into what's out there for specialized units. Don't put the cart before the horse. That's IMO...take it or not.

Two, that will really depend on the port one works at and how you want to define a specialized unit. There's a national SRT unit. there's a national honor guard unit. There are K9 units in some ports. The larger ports often have various response, enforcement and analytical units. Some ports more or less allow people to 'specialize' in cargo or immigration. Lots of those options might not exist in the many ports...or they exist more as a collateral duty rather than a recognized specialized unit. Some situations might have it where there's more or less the titular designation as a specialized unit, but largely in name only.

Beyond that, there are various collateral duties that might be considered as specialized units...firearms instructors, intermediate force instructors, etc. that could be considered specialized units under the right circumstances. Various ports have various collateral duties available, or not, as the case might be.

Edited to add...

Much, if not most, of what's available out there will be largely, if not exclusively, based on seniority time as a CBPO. You'll likely will have years to figure out what's potentially at your port for you before you can gain enough real seniority to make a serious bid at any meaningful specialized unit.
              Last edited by merlin436; 02-21-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Ironlion09,

Unfortunately, I really don't know about the time-line for the backgrounds. Have you completed all the other phases to include your poly? Once you are on the job you will still have to complete periodic background checks and those are hit and miss as far as how long they may take to clear. Hope you get your call soon!

Comment

• When's the next opening for applications? Anyone know?

Comment

• There's a new opening the first day of each Month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
                      My background took 4 months to clear and I had three investigators. I reapplied and am waiting three months for them to move my background over from the 14-2 announcement to the 16-1.
                      So can they change your port while your in the academy since you reapplied?
                      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• So I just got an email that my Background packet has been sent to IA I'm guessing that's the security room everyone's talking about? Do I receive a Poly date during this process or after? Because I haven't done my poly yet and I noticed some people did there poly before there BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
                          So I just got an email that my Background packet has been sent to IA I'm guessing that's the security room everyone's talking about? Do I receive a Poly date during this process or after? Because I haven't done my poly yet and I noticed some people did there poly before there BI.
                          Next step is a poly. Then to meet with your BI

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                            So can they change your port while your in the academy since you reapplied?
                            I was told it's very possible and it does happen.
                            CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                            Application- 7/23/2014
                            Written exam - 9/24/2015
                            NOR: 10/31/2014
                            TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                            SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                            Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                            PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                            VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                            Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                            NOPA- 5/4/2015
                            Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                            Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                            Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                            BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                            Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                            Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                            EOD: 10/26/15
                            FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Well I now I have just two "green checks" left the most recent checked off was the pre-employment forms. Now the only two left are my Background and Drug test! Really hoping and praying for some good news soon! So close

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's been 4 weeks since I took the polygraph and was accused of doing drugs. Hoping it was bs and that I passed. How quick do people get those withdrawal of employment emails?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7835 users online. 427 members and 7408 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X