300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by determined11 View Post
    I was never contacted that my BI even began. I just noticed since cass said it was in the security office. Yes did my poly then few weeks later got unsuitable notification after trying to get an update from MHC.
    As far as I know none of my references were even contacted. I'd really like to know what the reason was but guess I'll have to wait months after submitted the FOIA request. I thought the BI would be completed before making a decision but I guess not since none of my references were contacted nor was I or even knew who the investigator was.
    I found some verbiage on the CBP website that before a final decision is made in regards to suitability, one has the opportunity to refute, explain, deny it or something along those lines. Obviously I didn't. I'm just hoping this doesn't have a major affect with other agencies.
    When I passed my polygraph I didn't hear anything for weeks. I assumed that I had passed when I got a call from my BI. They do an initial background and once you pass the polygraph you meet your BI and that's when they start talking to your work and references.
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
    TSL - 01/31/14
    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
    BI - 03/15/14
    Poly - 04/30/14
    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
    Drug Test - 06/26/14
    The Call - 06/26/14
    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
    EOD - 07/14/14
    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by sdm85 View Post
      Anyone with any insight on the academy experience?

What can I expect from the DT training ?( how intense is it, how long is the dt section)

How intense in the Physical fitness, everyday and how long per day?

Thank you
      The academy is not bad. The physical fitness depends on who you get as your main instructor. Ours was a wrestling master. We ran just twice the whole academy and did a lot of ground work. Of course when our class messed around they had us do push ups and such but it really isn't bad. A typical day would look like this:

730am - 1130am: Classroom
      1130am-1230pm: Lunch
      1230pm - 230pm: Range
      230pm - 430pm: Physical Training

Off at 430pm.

The classroom work isn't bad. Put a few hours in a day before, get a good group of friends, and enjoy it. Don't stress out. Enjoy your time there.

For those going to San Ysidro. When you go to the training department there are posters everywhere looking for roommates to rent. And for those coming back from the academy San Ysidro is not even close to the horrors of what people say. It's fun, exciting, lots of action, and good people. If you do ~8ish hours of overtime a week you won't be drafted. Good luck all!
      TSL - 01/31/14
      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
      BI - 03/15/14
      Poly - 04/30/14
      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
      Drug Test - 06/26/14
      The Call - 06/26/14
      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
      EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by nolo View Post
        I think I'm pulling my application. They want info that will hurt my military career. Screw that
        Damn sry to hear that. Thought you had a eod date already

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
          The academy is not bad. The physical fitness depends on who you get as your main instructor. Ours was a wrestling master. We ran just twice the whole academy and did a lot of ground work. Of course when our class messed around they had us do push ups and such but it really isn't bad. A typical day would look like this:

Off at 430pm.

The classroom work isn't bad. Put a few hours in a day before, get a good group of friends, and enjoy it. Don't stress out. Enjoy your time there.

For those going to San Ysidro. When you go to the training department there are posters everywhere looking for roommates to rent. And for those coming back from the academy San Ysidro is not even close to the horrors of what people say. It's fun, exciting, lots of action, and good people. If you do ~8ish hours of overtime a week you won't be drafted. Good luck all!
          That's good to hear, thanks. I've read a lot of negative things about San Ysidro.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Off at 430pm.

Wow... Thank you for sharing, this just makes me feel a whole lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by nolo View Post
              I think I'm pulling my application. They want info that will hurt my military career. Screw that
              former Marine here...what kind of info could hurt your military career? if they are soing that you can submit and IG complaint

Comment

Off at 430pm.

thanks for the info!!quick question what about weekends? can you spend them out of fltec ir they have some kind of formations or recalls? what about federal holidays? do they allow you go home for a weekend?. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  thanks for the info!!quick question what about weekends? can you spend them out of fltec ir they have some kind of formations or recalls? what about federal holidays? do they allow you go home for a weekend?. thanks
                  On weekends you're free to go anywhere you want. If you go farther than Savannah (North) or Jacksonville (South) you have to fill out a form letting the academy know where you are going. Just in case you don't make it back to class they have an idea of where you are.

No formations. You have to march everywhere at the academy but it isn't militaristic. The first few days there's lots of yelling and then it really cools off.

I live in San Diego and I went home on federal holidays (Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King). I just had to fill out the form mentioned above, make sure I had a ride to Jacksonville to fly out on time, and had to contact my port to confirm that I could use leave for the holiday.
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

On weekends you're free to go anywhere you want. If you go farther than Savannah (North) or Jacksonville (South) you have to fill out a form letting the academy know where you are going. Just in case you don't make it back to class they have an idea of where you are.

No formations. You have to march everywhere at the academy but it isn't militaristic. The first few days there's lots of yelling and then it really cools off.

I live in San Diego and I went home on federal holidays (Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King). I just had to fill out the form mentioned above, make sure I had a ride to Jacksonville to fly out on time, and had to contact my port to confirm that I could use leave for the holiday.
                    I am hoping that you are a bit confused. You should not have had to use any leave for the holidays.

FB

Comment

• For Thanksgiving there's a day in between that was not a holiday and we had to take leave if we wanted it off. I should have been more specific!
                      TSL - 01/31/14
                      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                      BI - 03/15/14
                      Poly - 04/30/14
                      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                      Drug Test - 06/26/14
                      The Call - 06/26/14
                      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                      EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

Off at 430pm.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Anyone from Buffalo looking to swap out? Message me.

Comment

• Originally posted by sergioArias View Post
                            Hello everyone,

I will be attending pre Academy at San Juan international, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place I can rent while I stay there. Reasonable price please. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
                            How is the Pre Academy going?
                            With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

Thank you for the info...just trying to have an idea about the time off at fletc...so if I have friends in jacksonville I can go there from friday to sunday night without worriying about formations or recalls on the weekends? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                Thank you for the info...just trying to have an idea about the time off at fletc...so if I have friends in jacksonville I can go there from friday to sunday night without worriying about formations or recalls on the weekends? thanks
                                Yes, you will be fine.
                                TSL - 01/31/14
                                Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                                VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                                BI - 03/15/14
                                Poly - 04/30/14
                                BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                                Drug Test - 06/26/14
                                The Call - 06/26/14
                                PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                                EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13059 users online. 492 members and 12567 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X