Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What port are you waiting for?

Comment

• BTW I'm not afraid of working my *** off. I know there are plenty of airport where officer havee a much nicer everyday under AC and low traffic of passengers, but good for them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
        What port are you waiting for?
        Miami International.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
          Miami International.

Current CBPO here. If you are in the SU for your preferred location, I would wait it out no questions asked. The border more action and experience for sure, but very very hard to get back to the east coast. If you already waited 6 months you will get it eventually. They obviously anticipated an opening (eventually) or they wouldn't have offered the location. Miami is rarely open and when it does, they take a few people at a time. So, if you haven't applied yet, the sw border is the quickest route to the job. These are just my opinions but you know what's best for you and will make it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
            Current CBPO here. If you are in the SU for your preferred location, I would wait it out no questions asked. The border more action and experience for sure, but very very hard to get back to the east coast. If you already waited 6 months you will get it eventually. They obviously anticipated an opening (eventually) or they wouldn't have offered the location. Miami is rarely open and when it does, they take a few people at a time. So, if you haven't applied yet, the sw border is the quickest route to the job. These are just my opinions but you know what's best for you and will make it work.
            Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. I'm not that far yet, I originally applied for JFK and made it to the VBT (August of last year) but had to reapply because I didn't get through the PFT-1. I've been working out a lot since then but I haven't seen Miami available again.

I was considering applying to San Ysidro so that I could go through part of the process and then reapply once Miami is available. I currently live in Miami.

Last edited by Lethal; 02-01-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

What are your thoughts on San Ysidro as a port?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                What are your thoughts on San Ysidro as a port?

Miami opened up last September so if you didn't apply then you could be waiting for a while. Sys is the busiest land border but you you can live in San Diego so that's good. Most sw borders aren't close to major cities like that. You will make way more arrests and more law enforcement in sys. JFK from what hear is mostly passenger processing(stamping passports) for years until you can move to a team that's important just a different mission.

Comment

Miami opened up last September so if you didn't apply then you could be waiting for a while. Sys is the busiest land border but you you can live in San Diego so that's good. Most sw borders aren't close to major cities like that. You will make way more arrests and more law enforcement in sys. JFK from what hear is mostly passenger processing(stamping passports) for years until you can move to a team that's important just a different mission.
                  Thanks again for the info. I'll be continuing with my current application process for San Ysidro until Miami or JFK are available. If that doesn't happen then I'll just stick with San Diego.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Umm finally finally I had movement on CASS this morning. I have been in SU for months and months and finally have my qualifications checked off. It's a groundhogs day miracle !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancelotml View Post
                      Umm finally finally I had movement on CASS this morning. I have been in SU for months and months and finally have my qualifications checked off. It's a groundhogs day miracle !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Cool!

My qualifications just cleared too during this CASS update. I am 15-3. I have yet to be polygraphed.

Comment

• I needed help concerning on when somebody gets their results for the poly

MY EXPERIENCE IN THE POLY WAS SOMEWHAT ODD IN A LOT OF ASPECTS. FIRST OF MOST POLYGRAPH EXPERIENCES THAT I'VE SEEN HERE HAVE LASTED AT THE LEAST 4 HOURS AND THE MOST LIKE 8, INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH MINE ONLY LASTED 3 HOURS. AFTER THE WHOLE POLYGRAPH WHICH ONLY LASTED LIKE 15 MINS, THE EXAMINER INTERROGATED ME FOR LIKE 15 MINS ONLY ON THE ISSUE THAT I WAS WITHHOLDING INFORMATION, AND SHE INTERROGATED ME ANOTHER 15 MINS ON THE ISSUE THAT I WAS USING COUNTERMEASURES. SHE definitely SAID THAT I FAILED BECAUSE OF THOSE 2 REASONS. ANYWAYS FIRST OFF, CAN I HAVE YOU GUY'S INPUT ON THIS SCENARIO OF MINE, AND ALSO IF THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU FAILED BUT QUALITY CONTROL SAYS YOU PASS, HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU PASSED? HOW DO YOU GET NOTIFIED?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ez-e View Post
                          MY EXPERIENCE IN THE POLY WAS SOMEWHAT ODD IN A LOT OF ASPECTS. FIRST OF MOST POLYGRAPH EXPERIENCES THAT I'VE SEEN HERE HAVE LASTED AT THE LEAST 4 HOURS AND THE MOST LIKE 8, INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH MINE ONLY LASTED 3 HOURS. AFTER THE WHOLE POLYGRAPH WHICH ONLY LASTED LIKE 15 MINS, THE EXAMINER INTERROGATED ME FOR LIKE 15 MINS ONLY ON THE ISSUE THAT I WAS WITHHOLDING INFORMATION, AND SHE INTERROGATED ME ANOTHER 15 MINS ON THE ISSUE THAT I WAS USING COUNTERMEASURES. SHE definitely SAID THAT I FAILED BECAUSE OF THOSE 2 REASONS. ANYWAYS FIRST OFF, CAN I HAVE YOU GUY'S INPUT ON THIS SCENARIO OF MINE, AND ALSO IF THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU FAILED BUT QUALITY CONTROL SAYS YOU PASS, HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU PASSED? HOW DO YOU GET NOTIFIED?
                          Well not much info to answer your question but I have taken 4 and on my fourth one she told me I definitely failed and it was the same time frame as the one you took didn't take long at all compared to the other 3 which were apparently inconclusive (my breathing irregular, not enough data ect.). I was also told I definitely was failing on my 4th one but still had to go through QC so here I am 3wks later and no word yet. I do still have access to CASS which is a good thing so far.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                            Well not much info to answer your question but I have taken 4 and on my fourth one she told me I definitely failed and it was the same time frame as the one you took didn't take long at all compared to the other 3 which were apparently inconclusive (my breathing irregular, not enough data ect.). I was also told I definitely was failing on my 4th one but still had to go through QC so here I am 3wks later and no word yet. I do still have access to CASS which is a good thing so far.

QC will always agree with the examiner

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                            Peace out...war in!

Comment

• That's what I thought. Thanks

Comment

• well that is a bummer. what about for folks that have passed, besides the examiner telling them that they passed, do they get notified also through an email?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3906 users online. 155 members and 3751 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X