Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
    No, I haven't call them. I'm hoping to get an update soon. I applied for Miami Airport under 16-1.
    Ok. I'm 16-1. Taking medical and pft1 this week

    Comment


    • Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
      Ok. I'm 16-1. Taking medical and pft1 this week
      Wish you well. Good luck!

      Comment


      • CBP officer

        Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
        Question: Has anyone on this forum gotten a call to schedule the drug test before their BI was clear?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Did you get your drug test already? I just spoke with my BI for the 2nd time and that was it.
        Last edited by zFinest; 01-20-2016, 08:29 AM.
        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
          Did you get your drug test already? I just did spoke with my BI for the 2nd time and that was it.
          You took the drug test and your background is not clear yet?


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
            You took the drug test and your background is not clear yet?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I rephrased what I said. I just spoke with my BI for the 2nd time and they seemed finished and ready to submit to MHC so I'm just waiting. No I did not take the drug test yet.
            With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
              I rephrased what I said. I just spoke with my BI for the 2nd time and they seemed finished and ready to submit to MHC so I'm just waiting. No I did not take the drug test yet.
              Oh okay, I see.... Haven't spoken to my BI but I received a call yesterday to go do my drug test tomorrow. Needless to say my BI has not been cleared yet.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Can someone please provide the number for MHC?


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • CBP officer

                  Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
                  Oh okay, I see.... Haven't spoken to my BI but I received a call yesterday to go do my drug test tomorrow. Needless to say my BI has not been cleared yet.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Well the drug test can be administered at anytime during the process.
                  With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
                    Can someone please provide the number for MHC?


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Log onto Cass.. Look at the newsletter and on the last page is all the contact info for each part of the process.
                    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                      Log onto Cass.. Look at the newsletter and on the last page is all the contact info for each part of the process.
                      The MHC phone number is not on that Newsletter. Does anyone know their phone number?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • i want to reapply to Sweet Grass, Montana in the recent announcement.. just so I can put on my resume that I worked in Sweet Grass, MT

                        the place looks very beautiful though

                        also, Pembina, ND... Jackman, Maine... where do the officers who work there live? In Canada? cause on the US side its in absolute middle of nowhere, with the nearest city hours away. Would be cool and adventurous (and cheap) to try it out there, although I'm not into hunting moose
                        Last edited by thaiboxing87; 01-20-2016, 10:15 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                          i want to reapply to Sweet Grass, Montana in the recent announcement.. just so I can put on my resume that I worked in Sweet Grass, MT

                          the place looks very beautiful though

                          also, Pembina, ND... Jackman, Maine... where do the officers who work there live? In Canada? cause on the US side its in absolute middle of nowhere, with the nearest city hours away. Would be cool and adventurous (and cheap) to try it out there, although I'm not into hunting moose

                          People live in the small towns and hamlets surrounding the ports...for the most part. Some commute some distance. In the case of Pembina, Grand Forks (pop. 50K) is 75 miles south on I29.

                          A person is unlikely to live in Canada.
                          One, you'd need some sort of immigration status in Canada. Unless you're a dual citizen or married to a Canadian citizen you're likely not going to find Canada willing to grant some sort of residency status.

                          Two, the agency has a US residency requirement and they would be unlikely to waive US residency outside of some sort of very compelling reason to do so...especially for a new hire.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                            i want to reapply to Sweet Grass, Montana in the recent announcement.. just so I can put on my resume that I worked in Sweet Grass, MT

                            the place looks very beautiful though

                            also, Pembina, ND... Jackman, Maine... where do the officers who work there live? In Canada? cause on the US side its in absolute middle of nowhere, with the nearest city hours away. Would be cool and adventurous (and cheap) to try it out there, although I'm not into hunting moose
                            As far as saving money goes, I don't know if I'd count on it.

                            Yeah, in many ways you'd be looking at less expenses. It's also true that in many ways you'd be looking at more...like one-two hour commutes to the nearest large grocery store and major shopping and other events plus additional wear on vehicles.

                            You'd be looking at standard RUS pay plus there's a fair chance of seeing far less of an opportunity to work overtime and/or differential pay shifts...in other words, smaller paychecks and reduced retirement at careers end.

                            Comment


                            • you can probably do survival mode for a year at least... stack up at a far grocery store twice per month and cook daily. Give up on any events and seeing people in general, just wilderness. I think I'd go crazy, on the second thought.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                                you can probably do survival mode for a year at least... stack up at a far grocery store twice per month and cook daily. Give up on any events and seeing people in general, just wilderness. I think I'd go crazy, on the second thought.

                                OK. I'll buy into the notion that if you squirrel yourself away in your residence and seldom come out, you might pull off a saving event.

                                Still, you'd be probably be looking at a earning potential of several thousand to maybe tens of thousands less in earnings each year.

                                Would you do any better than somebody who went to JFK or LAX, lived in the cheapest of housing and worked the full potential of overtime and differentials? I'm guessing not.

                                If there really was that much of a benefit to living and working in a place like Sweetgrass or Jackman I'd bet you'd see far more interest by people to live/work in those sorts of locations over more urban areas.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5031 users online. 217 members and 4814 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X