300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HellaHandsome View Post
    I just met my investigator this past Friday, and I am still working with him on my BI. But I checked the CASS today and it says my BI is completed. Does this mean I was granted interim clearance?
    Yes you have an interim clearance, if it appears completed and you met your investigator this past friday...
    Your BI still has to get back to the adjudicators, and if they don't find anything objectionable, then and only then will you be actually cleared...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ENSNIPE507 View Post
      Iam 27 now and have been in the Navy since 1999 (going on ten years) never been in trouble since 1998. And yes they were dismissed and sealed on the spot. Tresspassing, Driving without a license.
      The disqualifying factors are if you have been convicted of any felonies, as you were "arrested" on the spot by a police officer and then had your charges dropped, it shouldn't count. You will most likely will receive a NOPA to explain why/how/what happened and to show why/how/what you have changed since then. Since you have been in the military since then, and hopefully with no reprimands or anything and an honorable discharge... you will be fine...

Hope this helped...
      Merlin, KC, feel free to jump in....
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ENSNIPE507 View Post
        Iam 27 now and have been in the Navy since 1999 (going on ten years) never been in trouble since 1998. And yes they were dismissed and sealed on the spot. Tresspassing, Driving without a license.

What Yoda said...

Two minor arrests, no convictions, 10 years ago, and you've sinced moved on to a respectable career in the military...you may not even draw a NOPA.

Assuming your credit is respectable, that your driving record is decent, and that there's nothing else you're hiding from the board, I don't see much of a problem. At worst you'll pick up an easily beaten NOPA.

Thanks for serving and good luck.
        Mer.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
          Does anyone have any experience with resume writing services. Can anyone recommend one, how much do they charge, is it worth it? I had an application rejected by another agency even though I meet all the requirements and the nice lady on the phone basically told me that it was because my resume wasn't written correctly.

Don't do it. Not worth the cost $250 . Are they looking for a certain format? Get somebody that you know who has experience writing them or their are plenty of info on-line or resume writing books that you can get!!

Comment

• Anyone that recently took their VBT got their VBT results back yet?

Comment

• No results yet but they said 3-4 weeks. They had to finish up with the batch then mail them to Boston to be reviewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                Anyone that recently took their VBT got their VBT results back yet?
                You took yours in the Bay Area right? I have a feeling it might be awhile before anyone sees results; Bronze said ~150 people were getting their VBTs done. That's a LOT of tapes to go over.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Whoo... week 11. Almost outta here. This place is starting to get crowded guys and gals. So be prepared for when you come. Just a little food for thought.
                  Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                  Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                  Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                    You took yours in the Bay Area right? I have a feeling it might be awhile before anyone sees results; Bronze said ~150 people were getting their VBTs done. That's a LOT of tapes to go over.
                    Yep, I'm one of them. Just took my VBT in Oakland this morning. All I would say is that it is a kinda a weird experiance for myself. And there is a disclosure agreement you do have to sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Station??? They're ports, unless you've applied to Border Patrol.

You're looking at small, slow and mostly uninteresting, with the possible exceptions of Pembina and Portal. Even Pembina and Portal aren't all that important on a national scale.
                      Ports. Got it. Thanks. ND sounds like a good place to start. Just had a look at the map of all the ports in the state. Concerning the out of the way ports, generally do officers live in the small communities or commute from Grand Forks, Minot, Etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                        Anyone that recently took their VBT got their VBT results back yet?
                        I got it back in a week

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                          Yep, I'm one of them. Just took my VBT in Oakland this morning. All I would say is that it is a kinda a weird experiance for myself. And there is a disclosure agreement you do have to sign.
                          Good deal, I'm heading to SFO to take it on Thursday. Did you stay the night somewhere or just drive from Sacramento area? (I'm in a Sacramento suburb)
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by cajuncuban View Post
                            I got it back in a week
                            How do you get your results? Application manager, email, postal service, or does it just clear on CASS?

Comment

• food for thought...

Just a heads up for all you guys/gals who assume they have been granted "interim" clearance. Im the last guy to be the grim reaper, but the whole "interim" is crap if you were assume to think your good to go. I was at FLETC last year and damn near half my class got pullled out at one point or another to answer up and sign forms, etc. for BI stuff. Trust me, I know for a ball sack kicking fact that it mean nothing. Yes, you do go to fletc, no doubt, but the fact that your fingerprints dont show you to be a murderer doesnt mean theyre not gonna F with you.Theres no science to it whatsoever. Granted I would rather have an interim and start getting paid asap, but clearing BI in "CASS" doesnt mean you are out of the woods yet. Just make sure to have your info, paperwork, and story of your life in order, because you can find yourself in the 15th week of the academy sweating your job. (Trust Me...)

Comment

• You know...I'd just like to find this search button that everyone talks about on here....i can't seem to find it anywhere and using the google search isn't finding anything.... It should be easily accessible and visable and then there wouldn't be so many repeat questions......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 309 members and 4968 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X