300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krispaul_LFX View Post
    16-1 here. Just got scheduled for the drug test at JFK tm morning. Seems like this is moving ridiculously fast.
    How did they contact you for the drug test? Email?
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by krispaul_LFX View Post
      16-1 here. Just got scheduled for the drug test at JFK tm morning. Seems like this is moving ridiculously fast.
      Did you take your poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        How long have you been on SU? I was there for 4 months and finally got the called, had to postpone for personal reasons and now I am agian on SU since december 2. lats time they called people for Miami they called 10 people.
        I've been in the scheduling unit since December third. Do you have any idea how many people Miami plans to hire?

Comment

• Sent in my updated as requested SF-86.

Comment

• Well VBT and SI tomorrow morning. Any suggestions? Also, my PFT1 cleared on CASS but not my medical yet, did this happen with everyone else

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
            Peace out...war in!

Comment

• any chance that you could be given a higher step within a grade without prior LE experience and without prior permanent Federal experience?

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                any chance that you could be given a higher step within a grade without prior LE experience and without prior permanent Federal experience?
                Not possible. If you had GS time at a higher pay grade, then sure.

However, after 6 months you should get promoted.

Last edited by EagleFist13; 01-12-2016, 07:41 PM.
                Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                  Did you take your poly?
                  I completed and passed my vbt/si and poly last week. One of the people there said I was being put on a provisional clearance for my background assuming my medical checks out. She made it seem like I would be getting an EOD very VERY soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleFist13 View Post
                    Not possible. If you had GS time at a higher pay grade, then sure.

However, after 6 months you should get promoted.

Promotions follow after 52 weeks, not 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Promotions follow after 52 weeks, not 6 months.

Peace out...war in!

Comment

That site is wrong.

Pay is GS pay, not GL. No accelerated promotions after 6.5 months. Border Patrol used to function that way but OFO never has. "Used to" being the key words for Border Patrol. ..as they stopped their accelerated promotions awhile back.

The initial uniform allowance is $1500. After the first year, it drops to $800.
                        Last edited by merlin436; 01-13-2016, 06:47 AM.

Comment

What Merlin is saying is correct. I was a PA when they were giving grade increase after six months out of the academy. This is no longer. OFO is definitely not doing this as I just switched over early last year and know this first hand. With regards to that grade 9 you see there, you can drop that as well for the most part when it comes to OFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                            What Merlin is saying is correct. I was a PA when they were giving grade increase after six months out of the academy. This is no longer. OFO is definitely not doing this as I just switched over early last year and know this first hand. With regards to that grade 9 you see there, you can drop that as well for the most part when it comes to OFO.
                            Actually, they're offering 9's now, wish it was like that when I got the job smh

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                            EOD - 08/2014
                            FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                            DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                              Actually, they're offering 9's now, wish it was like that when I got the job smh

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                              Yah, I know it's there but it won't be easy to get brought on as a 9. They matched me to a 9 and was the best I could get. I wasn't going to go around and around about this and took it since I'm not cash strapped. Some of my buddies that were laterals were lucky enough to get 11 step something. I got on through the open announcement so didn't have such luck.

Comment

• Have to resubmit my e-QIP they need some more info but I forgot my password and have locked my e-QIP account. It's saying I need to contact my agency representative to have my login account unlocked or credentials reset. Anyone know who I need to contact? I only have until 1-17-16 to resubmit it.
                                Last edited by jimmybca1; 01-13-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10762 users online. 490 members and 10272 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X